• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2015 |OT| A team wearing the Maple Leaf won something at the ACC

Solo

I understand that going to a Winter Classic is about the atmosphere and all, but get real:

- the ice is often shit, so the games suck
- its cold as balls outside
- NONE of the seats are remotely close
- it costs an arm and a leg

That's a pass for me. Watching Habs/B's in the Bell Centre is a much better option.

Apparently the league wanted Wild to play Dallas, but they asked for the Hawks. So you can blame the Wild for everything. I wish the Avs played Blues/Stars instead of the team wanting to desperately grasp at a long dead rivalry, but whatever.

I posted that several days ago now. Stars suck ass and that rivalry is more forced than the Avs/Wings one - even if that one has been dead for years.

Wild were also offered to play against Washington in the Winter Classic this year, but the owner, Craig Leipold, said no. He would rather have the Wild not play in one at all instead of playing somewhere else.

Quick

Banned
I'm probably gonna miss the skills competition, so I'll be watching the highlights.

Far Cry 4 any good? I'm thinking of using the $10 off voucher from PSN towards it. I've been iffy on Far Cry in general, having had this same debate during the PSN Anniversary Sale last week, where FC3 was $12.95.

I'm probably gonna miss the skills competition, so I'll be watching the highlights.

Far Cry 4 any good? I'm thinking of using the $10 off voucher from PSN towards it. I've been iffy on Far Cry in general, having had this same debate during the PSN Anniversary Sale last week, where FC3 was $12.95.

Far Cry 4 is Far Cry 3 but ALOT Better IMO. Co Op is super fun.

I'd say if you have someone to play co-op with go for it. Otherwise FC3 and 4 are very, very similar experiences.

I posted that several days ago now. Stars suck ass and that rivalry is more forced than the Avs/Wings one - even if that one has been dead for years.

Wild were also offered to play against Washington in the Winter Classic this year, but the owner, Craig Leipold, said no. He would rather have the Wild not play in one at all instead of playing somewhere else.

That rivalry wasn't forced, that was true battle tested rivalry between both teams in the 90's to early 2000's. But yeah it is all dead now.

I understand that going to a Winter Classic is about the atmosphere and all, but get real:

- the ice is often shit, so the games suck
- its cold as balls outside
- NONE of the seats are remotely close
- it costs an arm and a leg

That's a pass for me. Watching Habs/B's in the Bell Centre is a much better option.

This last WC was possibly the worst broadcast sporting event I've seen.

I don't know that the Blues will ever get a Coors Light sponsored WC or Stadium Series at Busch Stadium, but I'm okay with that. I don't want to waste one of the Blues Hawks games on that shit.

That rivalry wasn't forced, that was true battle tested rivalry between both teams in the 90's to early 2000's. But yeah it is all dead now.

Oh yeah I know it was a big rivalry a while back, I was just talking that right now that rivalry is forced. Much like today's 'rivalry' between the Wild and Stars.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
The biggest bummer of this skills competition to me is that Carl Hagelin will no longer be the "official" fastest man in the NHL. Boo, I say!

Mostly just looking forward to some of the GoPro stuff.

FUCK THE KINGS

Edit: Oh interesting. So it IS usually an annual event, then?

I'll have to read more about the lockout - I bet that fucking sucked. Was that regarding the salary cap, or am I misremembering the wikipedia article i skimmed a few months ago?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Wait, what the hell? This is the first NHL all-star game weekend since 2012??

Why isn't this annual? How do they decide how often to do it?

There was a lockout that canceled the ASG in 2013, and the Winter Olympics in 2014.

The Blue Jackets were supposed to host the game in 2013, hence why they're hosting it now.

Top Bottom