• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2015 |OT| A team wearing the Maple Leaf won something at the ACC

Samyy

Apparently Toronto will get the World Cup in 2016 and then the All-Star game in 2017 + an outdoor game.

All of this happening when I have a real job so hopefully I can afford to go to everything :D

zroid

Banned
Apparently Toronto will get the World Cup in 2016 and then the All-Star game in 2017 + an outdoor game.

All of this happening when I have a real job so hopefully I can afford to go to everything :D

I guess they're going to hold the outdoor game at the revamped BMO Field, which will have like 30k seats I think.

You know what that means... they're going to charge like 2x as much per ticket to make up for the lost revenue compared with the football stadium venues... and then they'll add another 20% on top because of Toronto tax. :lol

Samyy

I guess they're going to hold the outdoor game at the revamped BMO Field, which will have like 30k seats I think.

You know what that means... they're going to charge like 2x as much per ticket to make up for the lost revenue compared with the football stadium venues... and then they'll add another 20% on top because of Toronto tax. :lol

Rumour is that its at the Skydome with the dome open actually, which I prefer :p
Don't really want to be fully outside during the winter for 3+hours

Samyy

Toronto's going to have a shitty team during their 100th.

Yeeeeep.
This is my concern, the board will probably push for a "competitive" team for the centennial, which is why I think we've heard so much about the Leafs wanting good young players rather than draft picks.

Merguson

Banned
Whats wrong with the Skydome D:

No idea, this is according to @THNKenCampbell

I found an article regarding the SkyDome from 2012.. does make sense why the dome wouldn't be open.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/baseb...s_centre_roof_for_first_time_this_season.html

Select quotes:

Temperatures below 10 C put the opening and closing of the roof at risk, said Stephen Brooks, Blue Jays Senior Vice-president, who added that the metal rails on which the roof moves expand and contract with the weather.

“At around 10 degrees, if we were to open the roof, and the temperature then dropped, we risk not being able to close it,” Brooks said, adding that the system shuts down if the roof gets out of alignment by a couple centimetres. “Because the stadium is without drainage, a roof that is shut down can be problematic if it were to rain.”

Winter Classic is a good choice. Wish the Avs were playing someone else. I'll be going to that game though. Glad it's at a baseball stadium and not football, should be better sight lines.

calder

Dragged myself from my death bed for this presser. Bettmanns defensiveness when answering any question is a balm to my illness wracked body.

Nooooo, young stars team. That team is going to fucking suck, feel bad for them.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
That World Cup format sounds shitty

I agree with Mark Streit here

"It doesn't make a whole lot of sense," Streit said last week in Buffalo. "I'm not a big fan of it, not at all. I think it's a nations tournament and you want to play for your country and you take pride in it every Olympics and every World Cup. ... It is what it is. I love to play for Switzerland, I'm sure guys love to play for Slovakia and Czech and Sweden."

0618-danieldougherty-col2-1.png

Stadium series jersey please. Oh who am I kidding, it'll probably look awful with chrome or something.

Socreges

Banned
That World Cup format sounds shitty

I agree with Mark Streit here
It IS shitty. They just want it to be a showcase of the NHL's best, not a legitimate competition between nations. It'll basically be another All Star game, but in a tournament format and with the NHL/hockey media trying to convince us that it matters.

Top Bottom