• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2015 |OT| A team wearing the Maple Leaf won something at the ACC

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder what goalie would be on the NA young stars? I just took a quick look at the NHL stats and nobody really stands out.

Subban? Tokarski?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
House is being painted and an electrician is putting in some new lights and fixtures so fuck it just went skating on my own at the outdoor rink.

I can say now I actually feel and look like I know how to skate now...at least when I'm going forward.

I couldn't find my helmet or shin guards otherwise I could have practiced stopping.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I dunno...saw the mentions...it won't be the caliber of the forwards and D that the young stars can ice.

I guess we'll see when they announce the teams.

Also, while Streit has a point, it also isn't very fun being fucking destroyed by the powerhouses 8-1 either.

While players might play their hearts out and risk injury in the Olympics, I don't really see it happening in this tournament and you may even get some guys holding back since they don't want to wreck their teammates in the NHL.

I dunno...saw the mentions...it won't be the caliber of the forwards and D that the young stars can ice.

I guess we'll see when they announce the teams.

Also, while Streit has a point, it also isn't very fun being fucking destroyed by the powerhouses 8-1 either.

While players might play their hearts out and risk injury in the Olympics, I don't really see it happening in this tournament and you may even get some guys holding back since they don't want to wreck their teammates in the NHL.

Oh lawd.

I'd really like to go as well, hopefully the prices aren't insane.

Really want to try going to that Winter Classic.

Should probably get my passport.

Winter Classic is a good choice. Wish the Avs were playing someone else. I'll be going to that game though. Glad it's at a baseball stadium and not football, should be better sight lines.

Going to Winter Classic confirmed

i just cant rationalize it. The tix are more expensive than aregular game and the view will be much worse.. but i guess it is a spectacle.

Pikma

Banned
i just cant rationalize it. The tix are more expensive than aregular game and the view will be much worse.. but i guess it is a spectacle.
You could say that about almost any sports event, it's cheaper to watch on tv, and you get to see it better and closer than anywhere else. That doesn't mean attending to a game is a bad idea, is it?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Honestly if you can afford it go check it out. I went last year for the Wings/Leafs one and the atmosphere alone was worth the 14hr bus ride back home and freezing my ass off for majority of the game.

zroid

Banned
Honestly if you can afford it go check it out. I went last year for the Wings/Leafs one and the atmosphere alone was worth the 14hr bus ride back home and freezing my ass off for majority of the game.

There might not ever be another outdoor game like that one. It was a perfect storm, if you will.

zroid

Banned
This is too cute

B8IOcmwCEAEj4Yi.jpg:orig

zroid

Banned
Comparing Michel Therrien to Michael Scott :lol

Personally, I have come to look at Michel Therrien as less of a head coach of an NHL team and more of a comedy character. He's an out-of-touch authority figure with a heart of gold who thinks he's hilarious, gets on everyone's nerves and puts his employees in awkward situations. Despite all of these shortcomings, he still somehow manages to wind up on top.

Much like the former Regional Manager of Dunder Mifflin, Scranton branch: Michael Scott. Oh, and Therrien coached for the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton hockey team.

TUSR

Banned
Nine points in six games so far. Not bad.

Less ppg than he was getting last year, but an adjustment period is expected I suppose.

he definitely took a bit to get going, but every shift hes out there he has a presence now. he just seems to slow down everything out there and makes great passes and is immovable.

You could say that about almost any sports event, it's cheaper to watch on tv, and you get to see it better and closer than anywhere else. That doesn't mean attending to a game is a bad idea, is it?

Sure but this is more of an apples to apples comparison. Going to a game (in normal area) v. going to a game (outside).

And actually, going to game is much closer than seeing on TV . . . at least when I buy (or sneak down to) the good seats. It is fun to see them smashed against the plexi a few feet in front of you.

two hours until the skill competition, right? I'm hoping it will be a fun enough watch to validate my decision of not doing anything on my saturday night

Apparently the league wanted Wild to play Dallas, but they asked for the Hawks. So you can blame the Wild for everything. I wish the Avs played Blues/Stars instead of the team wanting to desperately grasp at a long dead rivalry, but whatever.

Top Bottom