• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2015 |OT| A team wearing the Maple Leaf won something at the ACC

ttUkdbJl.jpg

No words

ShaneB

The Score App gets my vote as well, great in terms of updates and all that, but I keep a few others installed if I want video content and just some variety.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
TSN's mid-season head coach survey of the best teams/players/whatever is pretty interesting (I guess that's the word?). Coaches could only vote on their own conference and couldn't vote for themselves or their own teams.

Eastern Conference:
BEST TEAM: New York Rangers (5)
Runners-up: New York Islanders (4), Pittsburgh Penguins (1)
BEST GOALIE: Carey Price (8)
Runner-up: Henrik Lundqvist (2)
BEST DEFENSEMAN: Ryan McDonagh (4)
Runners-up: Victor Hedman (3), Kris Letang (2), PK Subban (1)
BEST COACH: Jack Capuano (3)
Runners-up: Alain Vigneault (2), Jon Cooper (1), Gerard Gallant (1), Barry Trotz (1), Mike Babcock (1), Michel Therrien (1)
BEST PLAYER: Rick Nash (2)
Runners-up: Evgeni Malkin (1), Sidney Crosby(1), Jakub Voracek (1); Steven Stamkos (1), Tyler Johnson (1), Patrice Bergeron (1), Pavel Datsyuk (1), John Tavares (1)

Western Conference
BEST TEAM: St. Louis Blues (4)
Runners-up: Anaheim Ducks (2), Chicago Blackhawks (2), Nashville Predators (2)
BEST GOALIE: Pekka Rinne (unanimous...I guess Laviolette didn't vote?)
BEST DEFENSEMAN: Drew Doughty (4)
Runners-up: Shea Weber (2), Mark Giordano (2), Kevin Shattenkirk (2)
BEST COACH: Peter Laviolette (6)
Runners-up: Paul Maurice (2), Bob Hartley (1), Ken Hitchcock (1)
BEST PLAYER: Ryan Getzlaf (8)
Runners-up: Drew Doughty (1), Vladimir Tarasenko (1)

The Eastern Conference sure does love/overrate the Rangers.

http://www.tsn.ca/rangers-blues-headline-tsn-s-who-s-best-nhl-coaches-survey-1.191758

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I'm reading the Sochi Olympics HockeyThread.

Some of you Shitting on Price and Luongo. SMFH.
Best part about that thread was some random Canucks fan trying to convince people that Lu was a top 10 all time goalie purely because he of the amount of wins he has.

TSN's mid-season head coach survey of the best teams/players/whatever is pretty interesting (I guess that's the word?). Coaches could only vote on their own conference and couldn't vote for themselves or their own teams.
How you put the Rangers ahead of the Lightning or Islanders is beyond me. Rest of the picks seem on point.

zroid

Banned
uF9MjJo3QIaijySXC4iL_Confused%20Christian%20Bale.gif

Come Again?

I honestly thought it would be the Ducks.

Ducks have way too many one goal wins. I mean you can say winning one goal games is a skill all you want, but come on, lol. With Elliott back in net the Blues look amazing right now.

B8P9Q2oIQAA1L8p.jpg:large

At least he has good taste in burger places

What is it with hockey players and Harveys.. apparently that's all they eat :lol

Phil must've missed it while in Columbus :^(

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Best part about that thread was some random Canucks fan trying to convince people that Lu was a top 10 all time goalie purely because he of the amount of wins he has.

How you put the Rangers ahead of the Lightning or Islanders is beyond me. Rest of the picks seem on point.

I can maybe somewhat understand picking them over the Lightning even with the Bolts sweeping us because, well, they did that basically right before the Rangers really became the team that they are now. So at least you can look at it and say maybe things would go a little differently if they played again now.
I'm still pretty sure the Lightning would beat us most nights.

The Isles, though, have clearly been the better team, and have beaten us by 3 goal margins in both of our meetings so far this season (the score is 9-3 Isles so far, so it's not even close at the moment), and that includes one just a week or so before the All-Star break.

Also, Ryan McDonagh hasn't even been the best defenseman on the Rangers so far this season (that would be Kevin Klein), let alone the Eastern Conference.

Speaking of, the Rangers are on the Island for practice today and plan to spend the night there. As of right now, the game is still on for tomorrow despite Cthulhu's wrath or whatever the hell they're calling this blizzard that's rolling in.

Is that the thread where the guy went crazy when the Americans were up then had a complete meltdown when they lost?

ShaneB

The Rangers love I assume comes from having the confidence in Sexy Hank to be your goalie of choice come playoff time, which is certainly understandable.

Anyone here have ESPN insider? Is their hockey coverage pretty good? Anything else worth reading on there?

I want it for the draft/prospect stuff - mainly Pronman, but I'm not sure if I want to pay ~$30 just to see that stuff.

Foggy

Officer Bob out 4-6 weeks :(

And there it is. Unless Forsberg comes up and manages to replicate his AHL wizardry, BJs are looking at a lock for a top 5 draft pick. If not higher.

I fully expect everyone on the mend to stay there and Atkinson and/or Anisimov will be at the center of potential trades. Hopefully they keep Calvert and Letestu because their price tag is so low, but who knows.

Top Bottom