• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2015 |OT| A team wearing the Maple Leaf won something at the ACC

zroid

Banned
lol quick

that was awful

edit:
8uXCosC.png

These rumors that we might take Richards off the Kings have got me excited, let's see what treliving can swing, but it could put us in a great position.

These rumors that we might take Richards off the Kings have got me excited, let's see what treliving can swing, but it could put us in a great position.

:lol I'd be excited to have that salary cap inhibiting contract as well. You have no room left for good players, but at least you have Mike Richards putting up no points.

You guys are serious? I don't give a shit about Richards he can go to waivers again, I'm more interested in what would come with him, we've got a lot of cap to spare. No one is giving that kind of cap relief for just Richards. If we're talking, we're talking a legit player plus Richards.

zroid

Banned
You guys are serious? I don't give a shit about Richards he can go to waivers again, I'm more interested in what would come with him, we've got a lot of cap to spare. No one is giving that kind of cap relief for just Richards. If we're talking, we're talking a legit player plus Richards.

Ahh. I don't think the Kings will move a roster player though. A prospect is possible.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened

i think the only thing that comes with mike richards will be disappointment

Ahh. I don't think the Kings will move a roster player though. A prospect is possible.

I don't think so either, but if the rumors are swirling there's gotta be something to it. Obviously Richards is a burden, it's just how much the Kings are willing to give up to get that relief. 5 mil a year to play in the AHL is ridiculous, especially with some of the existing contracts the Kings have right now, we'll see, there's a lot of possibilities.

kiss ophelia

Neo Member
I don't think so either, but if the rumors are swirling there's gotta be something to it. Obviously Richards is a burden, it's just how much the Kings are willing to give up to get that relief. 5 mil a year to play in the AHL is ridiculous, especially with some of the existing contracts the Kings have right now, we'll see, there's a lot of possibilities.

Well based on the prospects Lombardi has been sending the past few years*, here's a rough persona for you:

While definitively [undersized and/or nonathletic], [prospect] finds open space naturally and is able to hold his own along the boards. [Prospect] also showcases exceptional vision, anticipation, and creativity. In addition, [prospect] boasts the quick and skillful hands necessary to turn those traits into points. Still, we would feel more confident about [prospect] if he were a couple inches taller. His [size/athleticism] has not been detrimental to his production so far, but success at the NHL level is not guaranteed. Despite playing a position of dire need (note: this means center), the Kings have not shown confidence in [prospect] and may have lost faith in him.

so probably Jordan Weal, maybe Nick Shore. OTOH if Lombardi has been doing this just to mess with me, specifically, all this time...you can expect both.

*excluding Columbus xoxoxo urgent return our calls soon xoxoxo

Well based on the prospects Lombardi has been sending the past few years*, here's a rough persona for you:

While definitively [undersized and/or nonathletic], [prospect] finds open space naturally and is able to hold his own along the boards. [Prospect] also showcases exceptional vision, anticipation, and creativity. In addition, [prospect] boasts the quick and skillful hands necessary to turn those traits into points. Still, we would feel more confident about [prospect] if he were a couple inches taller. His [size/athleticism] has not been detrimental to his production so far, but success at the NHL level is not guaranteed. Despite playing a position of dire need (note: this means center), the Kings have not shown confidence in [prospect] and may have lost faith in him.

so probably Jordan Weal, maybe Nick Shore. OTOH if Lombardi has been doing this just to mess with me, specifically, all this time...you can expect both.

*excluding Columbus xoxoxo urgent return our calls soon xoxoxo

^^^ me drunkenly from my girlfriend's account.

More bitter than I intended I think. I've turned the corner on this Kings team, I'm pretty proud of how they're fighting through adversity and cobbling just enough together to keep in the playoff hunt. So we're right on schedule per the past 6 or so years.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
TSN shut out as Rogers wins TV rights to 2016 World Cup of Hockey

TSN believes it took another shot to the chin from the NHL after failing to win the broadcast rights to the 2016 World Cup of Hockey.

No one is saying much publicly, but broadcast sources say George Cope, chief executive officer of BCE Inc., the parent company of the TSN and CTV networks, is not happy....TSN expected the competition for the World Cup, which is being operated by both the NHL and the NHL Players’ Association, to be a blind auction with the winner being the highest bidder. The auction was held about 10 days ago and TSN’s bid was between $28-million and $32-million for the two-week tournament, which will be held for the first time in 12 years. TSN executives were sure they had the highest bid but were informed by the NHL that Rogers was the winner.

Not surprising, but I would have preferred TSN had received the rights instead.

calder

Haha, good job Blues, now in order to get rid of Brodeur you had to make up a bullshit front office job for him. Solid chance Marty is going to hang on there like grim death, making decent money to fly around with the team like an owners useless son.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Brodeur embarrassed himself with how he's gone out, too much pride and couldn't accept that he's shit now. This stuff with the Blues is just making it look worse, what a joke.

Top Bottom