• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2015 |OT| A team wearing the Maple Leaf won something at the ACC

The only people the Kings beat that badly are their wives.

2j4tzi8.gif

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Looking at the East standings...there really isn't a matchup you want.
Pretty much. Just about all of the top 8 are scary propositions.

The Rangers are actually maybe one of the best draws for most of the East. We've been been mediocre to terrible against the Bruins, Red Wings, Canadiens, Lightning, and Islanders so far this season. Only the Pens and Caps look like potentially favorable matchups right now, and we haven't even seen much of the Caps.

zroid

Banned
The east is really top-heavy this season. The top 8 are all pretty good and the bottom 8 stink.

8th seed is on pace for like 100 points I think, as a result.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
The east is really top-heavy this season. The top 8 are all pretty good and the bottom 8 stink.

8th seed is on pace for like 100 points I think, as a result.

Yeah, the West is a lot more balanced. There are a few stinkers, but the big dropoff doesn't come until you get to literally the bottom two teams in the conference. The 12th place team in the West is only 5 points out of a playoff spot.

By contrast, the 9th place team in the East is 8 points out of the playoffs.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Looking at the box score, only one Ranger managed to have a negative +/- in a 4-1 win tonight.

Tanner Glass

Good effort, Tanner!

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
The average goaltender in the NHL this season has a .912 save percentage, if you were to put an average goaltender on the Canadiens, and have him face the same number of shots as Price (1180), they would have allowed 104 goals to this point in the season. Price on the other hand, has allowed just 79 goals.

That means that Carey Price is 25 goals above league average, which would account for 8.3 wins in the standings, which we'll just round to 8.5. This change would bring the Habs' record from 32-13-3 to 24-22-2. That would mean 50 points through 48 games, as many losses as wins, and 10th place in the Eastern Conference.

Therrien is such a good coach. Leading Montreal toward a division title.

Acid08

Banned
Sharks are looking good. The pavs karlsson combo is sooo good.

I'm so happy he seems to be clicking with them. Hertl was great with Jumbo/Burns but not Jumbo/Pavs. That left wing spot on Thornton's side has been consistently revolving since Marleau started playing with Couture. Hope he sticks.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I know plus-minus is a bullshit and mostly useless stat and all, but, like, c'mon...

glassplusminus46ly5.png

In case you're wondering, Glass' 5-on-5 CF is 44.3%. The Rangers are 54.5% as a team.

I know plus-minus is a bullshit and mostly useless stat and all, but, like, c'mon...

glassplusminus46ly5.png

In case you're wondering, Glass' 5-on-5 CF is 44.3%. The Rangers are 52% as a team.

He also has a 7% ESGF%.

93% of the goals scored when he's on the ice goes into the Rangers net :lol

Top Bottom