• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2015 |OT| A team wearing the Maple Leaf won something at the ACC

UberTag

Krug and Marchand get into a fight at practice.

IT'S HAPPENING!
But they look so happy here.

Bruins+Deliver+Toys+Smiles+Boston+Children+umktusgyMIwl.jpg

What could have possibly gone so wrong between Christmas and now?

I know I know, there are some stats to back up that he did have that in him, but none of it matters when the wins didn't come in the big moments. Not even with just the Caps too, Ovi's failure with the Russian teams have been glaring as well, just big time flops in the big moments.

Oh I'd agree with his Russian performances except for his first Olympics but when it comes to the playoffs that's when your weaknesses are magnified and I feel like the team has had to climb uphill because of the shit job our GM did addressing those weaknesses.

Nashville basically had the same problem as us but in reverse.

Their offense couldn't support their amazing defense even if they had Suter and Weber and that's why they haven't been out of the second round just like us.

I feel like we finally have a defense with a solid top six, now we just need a 2C and 1RW and I'd say we're a contender.

Quick

Banned
I'm watching the Lightning feed for the Habs/Bolts game, commercials are so weird. It's the only thing available to me while I'm on vacation, so I can't really complain. At least there's hockey.

I'm watching the Lightning feed for the Habs/Bolts game, commercials are so weird. It's the only thing available to me while I'm on vacation, so I can't really complain. At least there's hockey.

Welcome to American Commericals, would you like some burgers and drugs while joining in a class action lawsuit and driving in your new Chevy truck at the same time?

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Welcome to American Commericals, would you like some burgers and drugs while joining in a class action lawsuit and driving in your new Chevy truck at the same time?

Also try out this new fangled drug! Side Effects may include extreme drowsiness; loss of coordination, weakness or limp feeling; blurred vision, slurred speech, thinking problems; weak or shallow breathing; nausea, upper stomach pain, itching, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice; pounding heartbeats or fluttering in your chest; or withdrawal symptoms--diarrhea, vomiting, shaking or shivering, runny nose, watery eyes, muscle pain, and feeling very hot or cold; headache, mild dizziness; numbness or tingling; drowsiness, or sleep problems; stomach pain, vomiting, constipation; redness, pain, or numbness in your mouth; feeling drunk; or death.

Call your Doctor Today

Quick

Banned
I had to double take on the Sunsports feed when I saw the SOG count on the scoreboard, and I thought the Bolts scored 9.

UberTag

So fellas... the Red Wings are definitely taking down the Oilers tonight, right?
Only one shootout loss against Edmonton in their last 14. Every other game a win.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
We're going to see this Kessel "that guys such an idiot" clip nonstop for the next 3 weeks aren't we?

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
if elias gets another goal in this njd/sabres game he will have hit 3 milestones in 1 game

400 goals, 600 assists and 1000 points

Ovechkin's 4th in playoff ppg and 1st in playoff gpg since he came into the league.

61 pts in 58 games.

Next closest teammate is Backstrom with 43 pts in 57 games.

The problem in Washington was the fact that McPhee never built around our star players.

He never believed in spending money on defensemen or getting a 2C behind Nicky.

Ironically the same problem Bouds had in Washington followed him to Anaheim except his GM got him Kesler while ours got Eric Belanger and fucking Brendan Morrison.

So basically the Leafs need:

1. A 1C to play with Kessel.
2. A talented supporting cast including a 2C.
3. A solid defence, preferably with a 1D.
4. To make the playoffs.

Top Bottom