• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2015 |OT| A team wearing the Maple Leaf won something at the ACC

imBask

Banned
Im just confused about the damage control part, everyone knows the Leafs are shit - no damage control.

i'm french canadian, wrong expression I guess

i'm just saying I almost feel bad for leafs fans, but deep down inside, not really

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
One of these is not like the others

B6sZnVrIMAAGxec.jpg:large

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Habs aren't out of the woods yet. If something happens to Price or he gets severely injured, good luck.

Again, a lot of the people clamouring for Carlyle to be gone understand he's only a part of the problem. Hopefully, Horachek can get the most out of this mess as he can and let Shanahan see what team this really is before he blows it all up.

I don't expect much out of a mid season coaching change, especially if it involves a big system change. Even the Rangers and Flyers took awhile to get comfortable in their respective systems after a coaching change.

Still, for all I know, Horachek could be a miracle worker. He didn't have much of anything when he was in Florida...

Red_Man

Habs aren't out of the woods yet. If something happens to Price or he gets severely injured, good luck.
This can be said for most teams aside from the truly elite. Bruins, Islanders, Rangers, Nashville, Florida, Vancouver etc would all be in a serious bind if their #1 goalies went down.

Stet

Banned
Getting real tired of hearing players talk about doing the little things.

What do you expect them to say?

"I need to score more. I'm supposed to put that black thing into the webbed thing. I need to do that more. And we need to win more games. We're just not winning enough games. We should be winning at least 25% more games than this. And that guy, he needs to prevent the black thing from going in the webbed thing more. He does it like 92% of the time, but he should be doing it 97% of the time."

Red_Man

Apparently that Blackhawks staffer who died a couple weeks ago was ruled a suicide. That's awful.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Leafs actually have a good group of forwards*, I'm worried about them playing up to their potential at some point.

*When Lupul isn't hurt

Good thing their defense is still suspect.

Kind of feel like more change is coming. Nonis fired and Kessel, Phaneuf, Lupul, Bozak being moved. Clarkson if he can be (doubt it)

I don't think we'll see much movement until the trade deadline, unless there was already something in the works before this happened. Horaspott will get 20-30 games with the current roster.

Although I would like them to move Bozak and Robidas.

Red_Man

Don't think this was posted today, but one of the Boston higher ups said this today, and LeBrun said everyone is essentially on notice in Boston

B6rz3W0CQAAvz5J.jpg:large

Do any Caps fans see similarities between Kessel and Ovechkin? Both are incredibly talented goal scorers with questionable defensive abilities.

I assume Ovechkin has had trouble with his coaches; how many has he had in his career so far? Some tried to turn him into a two-way player, others gave him the green light to do whatever. But one consistent narrative is the lack of playoff success. Is it Ovechkin, his teammates, the system, or the coaching? Does coaching and management build a team around Ovechkin to maximize his abilities or is he just a cog in a wheel? Sometimes I've even seen "trade Ovechkin" articles when the team is struggling because he doesn't seem to fit in.

I think the same can be applied to Kessel. Do they design a team and system around getting Kessel to score enough goals to win games, or do they develop a team that possesses the puck and is solid at both ends of the rink, with Kessel expected to buy in?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...37ec42-c669-11e3-b708-471bae3cb10c_story.html
http://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...e05114-cf16-11e3-937f-d3026234b51c_story.html
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...014/12/31/ovechkins-game-evolves-under-trotz/

Hey Leafs gang, congratulations on your Carlyle-less club. I saw the news when I woke up and I danced with joy for all of you.

I'm sorry that I talked up Carlyle when you guys first got him.

To be fair, I also talked up Sammy Pahlsson when he became a Canuck.

And Chris Philips scoring on his own net ;(

Ahahaha I totally forgot this happened.

All I remember is Traitorsson shooting a puck into Scottys face.

profile_picture_by_dinkleberg_plz-d48rku6.jpg

Traitersson

Top Bottom