• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2015 |OT| A team wearing the Maple Leaf won something at the ACC

zroid

Banned
I'll take solace in the fancy stats.

Missed the third, but from the sounds it didn't really seem like Bernie's night tonight.

lHNzJtX.png

I like Horachek already.

Samyy

Apparently Ovechkin hung out for a bit with a young fan because it was his birthday
Everything I've read and seen about Ovi makes him seem like a great guy

Calamari41

41 > 38
I don't have the sound on so I can't tell what the announcers are discussing at all, but it looks to me like that puck was punched in by the Penguin bro.

Of all the calls they could have made, they made the one that's clear didn't happen (the stick being below the crossbar). A two goal swing for the B's thanks to the refs, I guess we were lucky to at least get a point.

Of all the calls they could have made, they made the one that's clear didn't happen (the stick being below the crossbar). A two goal swing for the B's thanks to the refs, I guess we were lucky to at least get a point.

We're terrible with giving up goals in OT. If we go to OT it seems guaranteed we'll lose in OT.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
What happened?
Race to a loose puck and Ramo came skating out to try to poke it/cover it away from Miller. He beat Miller and the Flames player to the puck, which caused the Flames player to hit Ramo in the head with his knee while he was trying to avoid contact. Miller avoided contact all together, but Ramo covered the puck and laid on top of it to get a whistle. He was past the face-off circles when he did it. So it technically should've been a delay of game penalty, but they just blew the play down.

Race to a loose puck and Ramo came skating out to try to poke it/cover it away from Miller. He beat Miller and the Flames player to the puck, which caused the Flames player to hit Ramo in the head with his knee while he was trying to avoid contact. Miller avoided contact all together, but Ramo covered the puck and laid on top of it to get a whistle. He was past the face-off circles when he did it. So it technically should've been a delay of game penalty, but they just blew the play down.

Aside from some small inconsistencies, this is the one thing I don't like about ramo, he's too ballsy and thinks he's a much better puck handler than he actually is.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Did anyone watch Marco Polo?

Does it get any better? Just finished the second episode and it's pretty damn boring. All of the people in China and Mongolia speaking English to one another, in varying accents, is stupid as well, and cheapens the show.

Who would have thought that Abby would be one of our top scorers and most consistent players this year.

Edit: With both Franzen and Jurco injured, we need to call up the Holy Slapper himself, I think he has more than deserved a shot this year:

Code:
Player 	        Team 	GP 	G
Teemu Pulkkinen	GR	33	20
Nick Shore	MCH	36	19
Paul Thompson	ALB	32	15
Bobby Butler	SA	33	15
Ty Rattie	CHI	35	15
Ryan Hamilton	OKC	29	14

And he is on an 8 game goal streak, tying the Griffins player record.

His Slapper, *bow*

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Flames score on this power play they win the game, calling it now. Wings continue to keep shooting themselves in the face and not putting teams away.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
That was, indeed, a wicked shot

Brass has an insane slap shot, and it's one of the more frustrating things about the fact that he is such a "pass first" kind of player sometimes. He can absolutely blast that shit past people when he wants to.

That's Hank's best save of the game so far.

Dem HEN-RIK chants.

EDIT: Ducks pressing hard now.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Ducks have been making zone entries super difficult the last several minutes. Those were some good chances, though.

Top Bottom