• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2015 |OT| A team wearing the Maple Leaf won something at the ACC

Wild are going to get donged on by Kessel and Gardiner tomorrow.

And it won't be fun to watch :(

Honorary Minnesotan JVR will probably do damage too.
I don't know. Minnesota had a nice comeback against the Jets a few days back.

I'm still pissed I didn't have my "Sharks Territory" sign when I was in front the Xcel Energy center last week when going to the science museum.

Acid08

Banned
I don't know. Minnesota had a nice comeback against the Jets a few days back.

I'm still pissed I didn't have my "Sharks Territory" sign when I was in front the Xcel Energy center last week when going to the science museum.

Should have just gone around asking people how it feels not getting an outdoor game. "State" of "Hockey" indeed.

Should have just gone around asking people how it feels not getting an outdoor game. "State" of "Hockey" indeed.

I someone who played outdoor hockey in Minnesota when growing up . . . they probably don't mind not having an outdoor game there. ;-)

Man, I remember playing some games in -15F outside at night. Players would bang their skates up and down to prevent your feet from freezing. I asked my parents what they remembered about my hockey career. Their main memory was "IT WAS SO COLD".

I someone who played outdoor hockey in Minnesota when growing up . . . they probably don't mind not having an outdoor game there. ;-)

Man, I remember playing some games in -15F outside at night. Players would bang their skates up and down to prevent your feet from freezing. I asked my parents what they remembered about my hockey career. Their main memory was "IT WAS SO COLD".

I guess I shouldn't complain when it's below 45

ocare_choke.jpg

zroid

Banned
22 of the 23 players who have been on the ice for the most scoring chances against per 60 mins at 5v5 (ie shots from the home plate area) are either Leafs or Sabres.

I need to lie down...

the other 1 is Brad Stuart

Yawnier

Banned
22 of the 23 players who have been on the ice for the most scoring chances against per 60 mins at 5v5 (ie shots from the home plate area) are either Leafs or Sabres.

I need to lie down...

the other 1 is Brad Stuart

Just imagine if Carlyle had the 2009-2010 era maple leafs to work with instead of the roster he has now, esp with AHL level goaltending and only one player on the team who got over 50 points that year (Kessel in 70GP)

Its scary to think about, it would be the worst NHL team to grace the ice in the post-lemieux era.

negitoro7

Can't stand Ryan Stanton's untimely penalties. Then he has that stupid toothy expression at the refs like "what, me??" looking so dumbfounded. I know the Canucks didn't deserve to win this, but FFS what could've been if he didn't take that late penalty...

Yeah lots of people are annoyed about no outdoor game yet, but then they just go outside to blow off some steam. I'm sure watching an outdoor game is fun, and when the Wild eventually get one I will do my best to go watch, but playing outside is pretty much unmatched.

The town I'm living in now has 13 outdoor rinks with full boards and nets left out for anybody to use. Its pretty awesome.

FELLOW GAF GENTLEMEN. STOP. STUCK IN QUEENSLAND FOR CHRISTMAS HOLIDAY SEASON. STOP. (AUSTRALIAS FLORIDA). STOP. USING TELEGRAPHIC WIRELESS MESSAGING TO REACH INTERNET. STOP.

HEARD DUCKS WON A BIG THING TODAY. STOP.

PLEASE SEND URGENT REQUIRED UPDATE, REPLY AND NEWS VIA TELEGRAM. STOP.

Cake Boss

Banned
Man I don't get the appeal of the winter classic at all.

You pay for these expensive ass tickets to sit there for 3 hours in cold ass weather to watch hockey being played on TV while you could have done that in your warm ass house.The ice is so far away from you all you could see is a bunch of black dots skating around so resorting to just watching the game on the jumbotron. Plus the hockey isn't even that great because of weather conditions (sun glare lol).

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
The WJC games tomorrow look amazing, except Canada vs. Denmark - zero interest to actually watch that :/

Sweden vs. Finland is gonna be pretty good methinks!

Samyy I don't feel you've been sack lathering Nylander enough these WJC, please step it up.

You pay for these expensive ass tickets to sit there for 3 hours in cold ass weather to watch hockey being played on TV while you could have done that in your warm ass house.The ice is so far away from you all you could see is a bunch of black dots skating around so resorting to just watching the game on the jumbotron. Plus the hockey isn't even that great because of weather conditions (sun glare lol).

Honestly it's the atmosphere that I really enjoyed. I went to last year's Leafs/Wings one, froze my ass off, spent 12 hours in a bus getting back to Toronto but it was all worth it.

It was such an experience, 100k people going wild, standing for entire periods (because it was cold as fuck and we couldn't sit). We had a Wings fan who was sitting in front of us and he was surrounded by nothing but Leafs fans so the chirping was fun.

Sanjuro

It's a fun gimmick.

Depends on the venue though. Like, Fenway was especially a gimmick but worked out pretty well. Interacting with the fans are great. There were a ton of Philly fans wandering around NYE and NY.

As for the cold weather, I usually prefer it, but I've been to football games where it's snowing as well.

Honestly even if the Avs get an outdoor game here I probably won't go. Not my thing. I think it's good exposure for the league though.

fallout

Honestly even if the Avs get an outdoor game here I probably won't go. Not my thing. I think it's good exposure for the league though.
I'll say right now that I won't go to a Jets one, but then I'll get an email in the future about getting priority for being a Season Ticket Holder and immediately change my mind.

Top Bottom