• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2015 |OT| A team wearing the Maple Leaf won something at the ACC

Stasis

We're fucking with Quick the same way the Kings score on Hank. Just put a bunch of people in front of him. Keep doing that, and keep using our speed.

Just gotta be careful on D. No pinching with LA pls.

edit: Cam. Not Hank. Though it worked on Hank too =P

We're fucking with Quick the same way the Kings score on Hank. Just put a bunch of people in front of him. Keep doing that, and keep using our speed.

Just gotta be careful on D. No pinching with LA pls.

Honestly there's no reason to be careful. The Kings could play a team full of muppets and come away with a loss before February.

Razorskin

----- ------
Pierre McGuire this morning calls the analytics people fools gold or something, then later admits that he was wrong about Colorado being good this season :lol

His argument for not liking analytics because they don't have a number to judge grit. :lol.

7DjZ6kc.png

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
when did the Rangers PP become so good? all I can remember is it being awful for the longest time.

We're now in the top 10 in the NHL. 10-for-21 over the last 7 games.

The only possible explanation is Dan Boyle. That's what he was brought here for, and the PP unit he captains has been electric lately.

Otherwise I got nothing. It's just about as baffling to me, too.

EDIT: Nash just missing a last second shorty.

Stasis

As much as we like to say: "Imagine if Hags/Kreids had hands..."

Imagine how much we'd have to pay them?

Also, just now... damn Nash! =(

Pickles it's good to see you around. How's Playa Del Rey treating you?

Pretty great, I moved jobs to a place in El Segundo so the commute is super easy. Thinking about staying in the area longterm the way things are going. Just wish there was easier access to everything I do in LA proper. And that people weren't so wealthy, cost of good food here is ridiculous.

Did I ever get to say fuck Voynov before I was banned? Because FUCK VOYNOV

Acid08

Banned
Pretty great, I moved jobs to a place in El Segundo so the commute is super easy. Thinking about staying in the area longterm the way things are going. Just wish there was easier access to everything I do in LA proper. And that people weren't so wealthy, cost of good food here is ridiculous.

<3

Cannot express how happy I am that none of Kings-Age are apologists for that stuff.

Didn't know you were banned. Did you see my post where I said I was cool with Kings fans? No? Good.

Stasis

Dat neutral zone play by Fast.

I'm absolutely loving Fast, that line, and the bottom 6 in general.

I'm kinda happy Hags doesn't score because then maybe we get to keep him at a lower salary and just have him be our insane speed defensive forward always in the bottom 6/PK.

SRTtoZ

I don't remember the last time ive seen the Rangers PP and passing this crisp, this good. I still get nightmares remembering Tortorellas/Renneys PP's.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
This bottom line, man. So good. And now the third line. So so good.

Does anybody want Tanner Glass? We could always use a bag of pucks for warmups.

Stasis

I feel like that's the first time I've seen Marc Staal on the ice tonight.

I've seen him lay it on... Clifford? a few times I think. Otherwise yeah, quiet night so far.

And that last sequence was beautiful. Good that it generated a PP if not a goal.

I don't remember the last time ive seen the Rangers PP and passing this crisp, this good. I still get nightmares remembering Tortorellas/Renneys PP's.

I started watching the Rangers during that season's playoffs, but weren't the 05-06 Rangers god-tier on the power play? Or was that just Jagr?

<3

Cannot express how happy I am that none of Kings-Age are apologists for that stuff.

I was really surprised by the community reaction to it, too. Went in fully prepared to read some ugly, ugly things but it seems to have been a pretty universal "Fuck Voynov" reaction. OTOH outside of the blogosphere maybe thirty people in LA total know who he is so maybe I just haven't had the opportunity to be let down.

Didn't know you were banned. Did you see my post where I said I was cool with Kings fans? No? Good.

I didn't see it, but I felt a disturbance in the force and knew it to be you.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I started watching the Rangers during that season's playoffs, but weren't the 05-06 Rangers god-tier on the power play? Or was that just Jagr?

That team was solid on the power play (top 10), but that team just in general put up points like crazy thanks to Jagr's line.

Great fucking shift from Hayes considering he didn't have a stick for most of it.

Acid08

Banned
I was really surprised by the community reaction to it, too. Went in fully prepared to read some ugly, ugly things but it seems to have been a pretty universal "Fuck Voynov" reaction. OTOH outside of the blogosphere maybe thirty people in LA total know who he is so maybe I just haven't had the opportunity to be let down.

There was a #FreeVoynov thing on Twitter that was preeeeeeeeetty rough to look at.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Arbitrary stat time:

New York Rangers &#8207;@NYRangers 2m
#NYR Stats: The Rangers have tallied four or more regulation goals in four straight games for first time since Feb. 19-Feb. 28, 2008

New York Ragnar Lodbroks
h0uR7WM.jpg

Welcome back Pickly!

Glad to see the Fuck Voynovs flying.

There was a #FreeVoynov thing on Twitter that was preeeeeeeeetty rough to look at.

You're literally reading it in your avatar right now. You haven't left it.

Top Bottom