• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2015 |OT| A team wearing the Maple Leaf won something at the ACC

Stasis

Fuck that game! So happy it's over.

I'm happy we didn't win the last face off, would have had to find a reason to start it over and prolong that bullshit.

On to the Shorks.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
These are some pretty solid playoff matchups.

currentplayoffsl2jcr.png

Clydefrog

I didn't watch any of the game and I just now saw the final score. Will watch highlights later. lol not like the Rangers got the cup for this win

Montresor

These are some pretty solid playoff matchups.

currentplayoffsl2jcr.png

Unless the Leafs become legitimately good very soon (magically draft a Bergeron, Lucic, Krecji in some late rounds), I think they have only have two hopes of ever making the playoffs within the next five years: 1) Boston declines significantly (helps them grab the first wild card), or 2) Metropolitan division does the Leafs a favour and plays poorly enough to concede the second wild card spot.

I can't see them being better than Detroit, Montreal, Tampa, Washington, New York Rangers, Pittsburgh any time soon. So they have to move mountains to hope to become a 7th/8th seed team. Not to be a contender. But to barely make the playoffs. Kind of depressing.

The Wild outshot Chicago 44-20, but Crawford made 42 saves — 35 in the final 40 minutes when the Wild outshot the Blackhawks 37-10. On the other end? When Bryan Bickell gave the Blackhawks their second two-goal lead of the game with the eventual winner early in the third, Niklas Backstrom had stopped 13 of 16 shots.

That’s par for the course this season. The Wild has allowed a league-low 26.8 shots per game, yet only Edmonton has a worse save percentage than the Wild’s .893.

/cries

Montresor

The Wild are at the bottom of the Central division... WHAT???? Okay, so now it makes sense that Yeo had that meltdown earlier. I thought they had a solid roster.... when Toronto faced them earlier I saw them as "Talented and grinding Minnesota Wild featuring Suter, Parise, Brodin, Neidereiter, etc..." not "Bottom of the Central division with lunatic coach Minnesota Wild".

Calamari41

41 > 38
Fuck that. Bring it.

I think we can beat them. I just hate the possibility of Kings fans being jerks (even more than normal)

We gun' win this time.

We should have won last year. The entire series came down to a freak goal with 7 seconds left in the game. That changed the entire momentum of the series and it still took 7 games.

They were eminently beatable in every series except the last.

Give us Suter please!

Mantha, Nyquist, Jurco, and Mrazek

The Wild are at the bottom of the Central division... WHAT???? Okay, so now it makes sense that Yeo had that meltdown earlier. I thought they had a solid roster.... when Toronto faced them earlier I saw them as "Talented and grinding Minnesota Wild featuring Suter, Parise, Brodin, Neidereiter, etc..." not "Bottom of the Central division with lunatic coach Minnesota Wild".

lol the Wild sucks now breh. I don't even know why, but they do.

I haven't watched the last 5-10 games or so because it is just depressing to watch. Defense is constantly hurt. Offense is constantly snake bitten or completely underachieving. Goaltending sucks ass.

They're not bad enough to get McDavid/Eichel, so at best I'm looking forward to Marner/Strome/Hanifin. Which isn't a bad lot to look forward to, at least.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
It'll be a few years for the Leafs at the very least. But I wouldn't expect all the teams in the playoffs right now to stay competitive. Montreal has significant PDO/possession problems that could see the team regress. Washington's roster isn't all that impressive and is also coasting on high PDO. I don't see the Rangers being built for long term success either.
Montreal's issues are due to coaching, Therrien won't be around forever. Not to mention the teams youth (Gally, A.Gally, Beaulieu, Tinordi, Bournival, Andrighetto, Hudon, etc) is just beginning to play. Habs window is just opening, they're not going anywhere. If this team falls out of a playoff spot for any meaningful amount of time Therrien is gone.

Montreal's issues are due to coaching, Therrien won't be around forever. Not to mention the teams youth (Gally, A.Gally, Beaulieu, Tinordi, Bournival, Andrighetto, Hudon, etc) is just beginning to play. Habs window is just opening, they're not going anywhere. If this team falls out of a playoff spot for any meaningful amount of time Therrien is gone.

I keep wondering when his act will wear thin just like it did in Pittsburgh.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I keep wondering when his act will wear thin just like it did in Pittsburgh.
Tough to say with how well Price is playing and the depth of the roster. I think Bergevin is aware the teams position in the standings isn't representative of their play and that Therrien won't be around for the rest of his contract.

zroid

Banned

they do have a solid roster...

goaltending issues :(

LevelNth

Banned
Didn't he literally just get like a 4 year extension?

Habs strike me as the epitome of greater than the sum of their parts.

Quick

Banned
Didn't he literally just get like a 4 year extension?

Habs strike me as the epitome of greater than the sum of their parts.

And Carlyle got an extension not too long ago, as well.

That 4-year extension is basically a nice severance if/when he gets fired in the near future.

LevelNth

Banned
And Carlyle got an extension not too long ago, as well.

That 4-year extension is basically a nice severance if/when he gets fired in the near future.
True enough. Carlyle's was a 2 year with one being team option, so he basically only gets another year after this one. I guess Therrien's could be similar. 4 is big though.

Cake Boss

Banned
Good thing I missed the game last night. Watched American Sniper, well made movie but full of fiction and false american pride bullshit that you expect from a Clint Eastwood directed movie, to paint this douchbag as a hero, if you read his book you will know he is nothing but a racist psychopath that loved killing anyone that wore sandals.

Good thing I missed the game last night. Watched American Sniper, well made movie but full of fiction and false american pride bullshit that you expect from a Clint Eastwood directed movie, to paint this douchbag as a hero, if you read his book you will know he is nothing but a racist psychopath that loved killing anyone that wore sandals.

Disagree wholeheartedly. He might have made some stuff up, he might have fabricated and extended the truth of some things, but he was a warrior who sacrificed a lot to help his brothers.

Cake Boss

Banned
Disagree wholeheartedly. He might have made some stuff up, he might have fabricated and extended the truth of some things, but he was a warrior who sacrificed a lot to help his brothers.

Yes my issue with the movie is that they didn't touch any those points and just wanted to paint a picture of this perfect soldier who's great at shooting try to juggle his life after deployments.

They never touched on his dumb lies about when he killed two carjackers in Texas, sniped looters during Hurricane Katrina, and punched Jesse Ventura in the face. And his quotes on wishing if he killed more Iraqis and calling them all Iraqi savages and says the planet is better off without them.

keezy

Agreed.

Chris Kyle's father said he'd unleash hell if Clint Eastwood portrayed Chris in a false/poor manner. I believe Chris' father was the first to see the film and said it was an accurate portrayal. I have to wait until January 16th to see that.

Top Bottom