• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2015 |OT| A team wearing the Maple Leaf won something at the ACC

Foggy

Wait wut? How is Bobrovsky an all-star?

b3wJCUr.gif

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
With Subban or Beaulieu on the ice, the Habs are controlling 60% of even strength shot attempts. Without them on, 15.8%
God damn.

Is there a chance this would happen? At worst we'll get the same.
I could see a team biting on Emelin because he hits hard and has that "tough, hard hitting stay at home defensemen" vibe even though he's terrible. He has a limited NTC though.

Red_Man

Do the Habs have some good D prospects? I feel like you're going to need a lot of new players on the back-end with Markov getting really old, Gonchar is also an old-man.
Tinordi, Beaulieu, Pateryn, and Nygren are all NHL ready.

Red_Man

I'd give Emelin away for a 7th round pick at this point. Bring up one of the kids, he's such a waste of space.

Red_Man

Are you fucking kidding me

Wow Pateryn is still around? Isn't he from the Grabo trade, which would make him like 25-26?
He's 24 and arguably the most polished of all our D men prospects. Problem is Therrien won't bring up more than one at a time.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Gilbert with the 14.5% CF
He was a good possession player before coming to Montreal, does Therrien use him primarily in a shutdown role against top competition or something?

He is only starting in the O-zone 25% of the time.

He was earlier in the season, Therrien seems to have recognised he and Emelin suck and started giving them third pairing minutes after Beaulieu's latest call up. He was making that pairing our first PK unit for some reason though
, because he's an idiot.

Fake edit: Stone hands Pacioretty.

Top Bottom