• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2015 |OT| A team wearing the Maple Leaf won something at the ACC

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
That's not how it works and you should have watched enough hockey over the years to know that. There is no angle that shows the puck cross the line. Just a lot of glove.

On that angle you watch it go in, hit the bottom of the glove, then bounce up into the webbing, after which point is that still frame I posted. So you can watch it get to that position. But I did say when they were reviewing it that they were probably going to call it no goal because of the call on the ice. It was pretty clear that that review went on so long because they, like everyone else, could reason that it went into the net and were looking for the smoking gun. They just didn't find it.

Regardless, it all gets solved if Zucc just got the puck up in the air in the first place.

And in the end it doesn't matter. All's well that ends well.

In other news, there's a league leading #26 for Nash.

zroid

Banned
rangers with the cali sweep

now cali will sweep the leafs

hoo-ray

edit: man where the hell did all these rangers fans come from :lol must be that winning streak

rangers with the cali sweep

now cali will sweep the leafs

hoo-ray

ieBViOIubAlm1.png

Acid08

Banned
LOL West is soft

Didn't you lose to a Western team in the SCF? :p

On that angle you watch it go in, hit the bottom of the glove, then bounce up into the webbing, after which point is that still frame I posted. So you can watch it get to that position. But I did say when they were reviewing it that they were probably going to call it no goal because of the call on the ice. It was pretty clear that that review went on so long because they, like everyone else, could reason that it went into the net and were looking for the smoking gun. They just didn't find it.

And again, there is not shot that show the puck actually crossing the line. The shot shows the glove crossing the line.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
13 out of 14

Henrik Lundqvist now has 20 wins in each of his first 10 seasons, the only goalie in NHL history to do that.

And of course the California sweep. Combine that with the Western Canada sweep, and we've now won in every arena west of the Rockies except for Arizona (where we haven't played yet).

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Didn't you lose to a Western team in the SCF? :p

And again, there is not shot that show the puck actually crossing the line. The shot shows the glove crossing the line.
Right, but there's a second angle that shows that glove completely across the goal line. So if you have one angle showing it's clearly in the glove, and another angle showing the glove is clearly completely across the goal line, the brain should be able to tell you "well then that's clearly a goal," which then ought to be the call. I'm well aware that's not how the NHL's system works right now and that you absolutely must see the puck in the net plain as day, which is why the call was what it was, but maybe it's something worth looking into. If the point is to "get it right," then the system needs to afford officials the ability to actually get it right.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Right now I'm mostly just worried that we're peaking too early. The worst thing about our run right now is that we've still got more than half of a season to go.

On the other hand, this really does feel pretty sustainable if we can stay healthy.

Tuesday should be a hell of a game. Tickets are going for late playoff level prices on the resale sites. The Islanders are one of the few teams that I feel might be a bad matchup for us (much like the Lightning).

Filth

Right now I'm mostly just worried that we're peaking too early. The worst thing about our run right now is that we've still got more than half of a season to go.

On the other hand, this really does feel pretty sustainable if we can stay healthy.

Tuesday should be a hell of a game. Tickets are going for late playoff level prices on the resale sites. The Islanders are one of the few teams that I feel might be a bad matchup for us (much like the Lightning).

I'm trying to get 2 tickets for Tuesday's game. 3-600 dollars for 1 ticket.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I'm trying to get 2 tickets for Tuesday's game. 3-600 dollars for 1 ticket.

Same here, my sister will be in town this week and she's never been to the Garden, and she's dying to go to Rangers-Islanders especially.

At least my normal ticket should sell.

Montresor

Right, but there's a second angle that shows that glove completely across the goal line. So if you have one angle showing it's clearly in the glove, and another angle showing the glove is clearly completely across the goal line, the brain should be able to tell you "well then that's clearly a goal," which then ought to be the call. I'm well aware that's not how the NHL's system works right now and that you absolutely must see the puck in the net plain as day, which is why the call was what it was, but maybe it's something worth looking into. If the point is to "get it right," then the system needs to afford officials the ability to actually get it right.

The current rule book states it has to be a no-goal call because there is no angle that physically shows the puck being across the line. But if as you say the glove was 100% across the line and another angle shows the puck was 100% inside the glove, then I think the rule book needs to change, if only to make an exception for this one specific case. This was a good goal that had to be called back only because of a dumb loophole in the rulebook.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I'm really perplexed and disturbed by the media's attempts to force Kessel out of town.

More so because of how they bring up his contract yet at the same time never talk about Clarkson's.

Sanjuro

I'm really perplexed and disturbed by the media's attempts to force Kessel out of town.

More so because of how they bring up his contract yet at the same time never talk about Clarkson's.

The local pastry economy will collapse. Toronto will watch itself burn.

Top Bottom