• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2015 |OT| A team wearing the Maple Leaf won something at the ACC

Acid08

Banned
By far the best moment was watching him lift that Cup. Teemu getting Dat Hardware was like a watershed in my life, because I had been watching the Ducks struggle to reach the big time since 1993.

It's too bad Kariya wasn't there.
Kariya never winning a Cup is such a travesty.

Erdrick

I was 12 when I got to see Teemu for the first time at my first NHL game in Winnipeg. I was instantly a fan. Few people in the NHL have ever been as loved or respected. It's all entirely deserved.

I was... 14 turning 15 at the beginning of his rookie year. It was such an exciting time to be a hockey fan and especially a Jets fan. I have never had anything negative to say about Teemu Selanne. He always held himself so well with us fans here and in Anaheim. His rookie year is the stuff of legend. That first year with him... Just absolutely nothing else like it when it comes to Hockey for us here.

It sucked the following year that he (ironically) injured his Achilles Tendon in Anaheim of all places.

Honestly, when he was traded to the Ducks (Worst trade ever), they may as well have packed the team up at that point to Phoenix. It was arguably just as bad as when the team left a year or so later...

I'm so happy that he was able to play in front of fans that appreciated him just as much as we did, and that he had such a stellar career. He's nearly the perfect hockey player in my eyes. When he broke that record in March of 1993 against the Nordiques... (That's Dallas Eakins that he hugs, after the goal, btw. for some random trivia.)

bigbosssalute.gif

By far the best moment was watching him lift that Cup. Teemu getting Dat Hardware was like a watershed in my life, because I had been watching the Ducks struggle to reach the big time since 1993.

It's too bad Kariya wasn't there.

Our best forward was Terry Yake. Not exactly Roenick, Jagr, Hull, Gretzky or LeMario.

And Guy Hebert was rated 45. What a jip.

27 Steven King 47

Glad he was on our roster. He could scare the team to death with short stories.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Our best forward was Terry Yake. Not exactly Roenick, Jagr, Hull, Gretzky or LeMario.

And Guy Hebert was rated 45. What a jip.

27 Steven King 47

Glad he was on our roster. He could scare the team to death with short stories.

f0vf0y3.jpg

From my inaugural program. Powerhouse team.

Terry Yake (66 rating) during the inaugural season:

Code:
1993–1994 Mighty Ducks of Anaheim 82 21 31 52 44

Guy Hebert (45 rating):

Code:
1993-94 Anaheim Mighty Ducks	

GP: 52 
20-27-3
GAA: 2.83 
SV%: 0.907

52 point scorers rate higher than 0.907 SV% goaltenders?

Eugh. Checks out.

Top Bottom