• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2015 |OT| A team wearing the Maple Leaf won something at the ACC

Calamari41

41 > 38
WDUBlM5.jpg

The coolest shit ever

Of course Perry and Getzlaf are sporting the classic away Mighty Ducks jerseys.

They look fucking good in them.

One of them (can't identify who, but he looks like Doughty) is wearing the Wildwing breaking through the ice 3rd :lol

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Is Minnesota's problems basically just terrible goal tending? Because all I see from the advanced stats guys is how they're one of the top teams in that area, but they aren't finding much success with it. I know their goalies have been bad, but I didn't realize it was sinking them that much.

zroid

Banned
Is Minnesota's problems basically just terrible goal tending? Because all I see from the advanced stats guys is how they're one of the top teams in that area, but they aren't finding much success with it. I know their goalies have been bad, but I didn't realize it was sinking them that much.

it's crazy but their advanced stats have actually been steadily declining all season... their goaltending has consistently been bad (except for a brief hot stretch in October), but now even the rest of the game is sinking. Maybe Yeo is doing bad stuff in desperation because they aren't finding success. Or maybe the cliché where a team plays worse in front of a goalie they aren't confident in is actually true in this case...

Vman

We've had games where we score 4-5 goals. Hold the opponent to sub 20 shots and still loose. In almost all of Kuempers games he has let in a goal from 50 plus feet out. We also have tons of injuries. And it's not like Parise and Suter have been in a great mindset this season.

Marvie_3

Banned
it's crazy but their advanced stats have actually been steadily declining all season... their goaltending has consistently been bad (except for a brief hot stretch in October), but now even the rest of the game is sinking
What part of your stat sheet accounts for all the injuries they've had this year?

Beaten by vman.

Whoa the quick edit save button works again.

zroid

Banned
What part of your stat sheet accounts for all the injuries they've had this year?

Beaten by vman.

Whoa the quick edit save button works again.

Well the part where they're playing worse now than at the start of the season would account for that pretty well, I would think? That said, based on salary cap hit they've been relatively lucky compared to other teams when it comes to injuries. http://www.hockeyabstract.com/luck

This doesn't necessarily tell the whole story of course, since some of their more valuable injured players could be on cheaper contracts

edit:
R0nTqyo.png

Vman

Well the part where they're playing worse now than at the start of the season would account for that pretty well, I would think? That said, based on salary cap hit they've been relatively lucky compared to other teams when it comes to injuries. http://www.hockeyabstract.com/luck

This doesn't necessarily tell the whole story of course, since some of their more valuable injured players could be on cheaper contracts

It's not necessarily injuries but more so illness. I think we were the team that was most impacted by the mumps. Just as that left everyone got sick with of all things this crazy virus that's in MN called the Norovirus which is causing players to loose 15 plus pounds and even when they come back they are nowhere close to 100%. So add injuries to illness and for some reason what seems to be someone related to the team dying every month it just seems like a cursed year.

zroid

Banned
It's not necessarily injuries but more so illness. I think we were the team that was most impacted by the mumps. Just as that left everyone got sick with of all things this crazy virus that's in MN called the Norovirus which is causing players to loose 15 plus pounds and even when they come back they are nowhere close to 100%. So add injuries to illness and for some reason what seems to be someone related to the team dying every month it just seems like a cursed year.

Yeah sounds pretty brutal :(

I like the Wild
Cooke aside
so hope they can collectively figure it out. On the other hand, this isn't the worst draft season to have an "off-year", especially when you have the foundations of a good team already.

Red_Man

it's crazy but their advanced stats have actually been steadily declining all season... their goaltending has consistently been bad (except for a brief hot stretch in October), but now even the rest of the game is sinking. Maybe Yeo is doing bad stuff in desperation because they aren't finding success. Or maybe the cliché where a team plays worse in front of a goalie they aren't confident in is actually true in this case...

We've had games where we score 4-5 goals. Hold the opponent to sub 20 shots and still loose. In almost all of Kuempers games he has let in a goal from 50 plus feet out. We also have tons of injuries. And it's not like Parise and Suter have been in a great mindset this season.
I see. I knew their goal tending was bad, but you'd think if they were leading in all other advanced stats categories it would even out. Interesting case either way, I imagine their game plan is sliding since they've been playing so poorly, it's difficult for players to keep to the plan when it's not working.

Vman

I see. I knew their goal tending was bad, but you'd think if they were leading in all other advanced stats categories it would even out. Interesting case either way, I imagine their game plan is sliding since they've been playing so poorly, it's difficult for players to keep to the plan when it's not working.

Pretty much, it's hard to play when you have zero faith in your goalie to make even a simple save. What makes it frustrating is that all we would need is middle of the pack goaltending and we would probably still be in playoff position. But we are second to last next to Edmonton in terms of save %.

Holiday

Banned
Pretty much, it's hard to play when you have zero faith in your goalie to make even a simple save. What makes it frustrating is that all we would need is middle of the pack goaltending and we would probably still be in playoff position. But we are second to last next to Edmonton in terms of save %.

Desperate enough to trade for/sign Brodeur yet?

Red_Man

Weird that they haven't tried to go out and get a guy like Riemer seeing as your GT is such a glaring issue.

Vman

Desperate enough to trade for/sign Brodeur yet?

It's been brought up but I don't see it. Who knows though, would be cheap so that's a positive I guess. What sucks is Kuemper was supposed to be in Iowa for most of the year and Harding our #1 and backstrom as the backup. Then Harding broke his foot and Kuemper demanded a 1-way deal which made it so we couldn't resign Bryz after he was here during camp.

Samyy

Weird that they haven't tried to go out and get a guy like Riemer seeing as your GT is such a glaring issue.

I don't think Reimer is actually available (until the offseason), Bernier seems to get injured every now and then and we have no Tokarski type prospect that they probably feel comfortable bringing up to play backup, better for them to be getting regular starts.

Top Bottom