• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2016 |OT| Road to the Matthews Draft Pick

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Going to go with a 6-2 loss tonight

Lol Pronman

tVBA15y.gif

:lol

but yeah I understand being broke. I posted just last night that I am. So I need to get a new part time job. I am lucky in that I have no financial responsibilities other than me and have no loans or anything.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
:lol

but yeah I understand being broke. I posted just last night that I am. So I need to get a new part time job. I am lucky in that I have no financial responsibilities other than me and have no loans or anything.

Early last year I finally paid of my student loans, what a slog that was.

Wonder if you wear the onesie into a stripclub in Montreal, lol

Quick

Banned
While I've been spending less on big stuff, I've been buying little things throughout the year that added up, on top of eating out a lot.. I'm now just set on paying off my credit card, which isn't bad at all, and continuing to build on my savings (I have it automatically deducted from my paycheque). I'm looking into investment opportunities to grow my savings even more, and I'm looking to speak with a financial advisor soon.

I'm also lucky to be receiving a free used car that's still in decent shape (mileage is high, but overall car quality is good) to use while I save up for a new car.

Now after talking about spending more wisely, I do want to get a remote starter for the car, because fuck winter. But it might not be worth putting too much money on it.

So... What's everyone's take on the Quebec bid and the bottoming out CAD?

I think it's put an already iffy bid firmly in the 'Ha Ha, Wow' friendzone of NHL expansion candidates.

LV gets picked, and then the league waits for Seattle to sort out its arena.

Samyy

I think it's put an already iffy bid firmly in the 'Ha Ha, Wow' friendzone of NHL expansion candidates.

Yea I don't think it happens

I don't think Quebec City will get its Team at this current time.Las Vegas will gets its team.
Seattle needs to get on this. Bettman's waiting.

What other city would be great for hockey

Yawnier

Banned

I doubt quebec city get their team for now.

Kind of sucks whereas they just built that really nice arena. At least the remparts will have a nice place to play for now.

megachao24

Unconfirmed Member

They'll just probably expand there anyway, the NHL is not known for making smart decisions (hastily expanding multiple times (1971 to block the WHA into certain markets, 1978, 1998-2000 to get 30 teams), keeping the Coyotes in Glendale despite no owner is seriously going keep them there while a number of other options present greater potential returns (including within the Pheonix area itself), basically have been shockingly quiet on the Carolina Hurricanes when there is currently issues with Karmanos supposedly selling the team and no one biting).

In all honestly, they should just use the Key Arena if they wish to have a team Seattle. Its clearly a piece of shit, but if you want progress with the arena front there, might as well put some pressure on them by having a team playing somewhere in the area.

imBask

Banned
Fuck Quebec City. These fucbois got a brand new empty arena. financed in part by the government, AKA by the taxes of the biggest city in Quebec and the people who actually care about hockey. You had a team, you couldn't even fill it up every night and you lost your team, get fucked.

fuck
quebec
city

triggered.gif

Top Bottom