• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2016 |OT| Road to the Matthews Draft Pick

Quick

Banned
Fuck Quebec City. These fucbois got a brand new empty arena. financed in part by the government, AKA by the taxes of the biggest city in Quebec and the people who actually care about hockey. You had a team, you couldn't even fill it up every night and you lost your team, get fucked.

fuck
quebec
city

Salt. But I also don't like how the financing for the arena came together, and I don't even live in Quebec.

imBask

Banned
Salt. But I also don't like how the financing for the arena came together, and I don't even live in Quebec.

400M CAD total, 50% from our government. The other half was paid by Quebecor, who had some weird and presumably illegal agreement with the city, but the government passed a law just to circumvent the issue

it was a shit show, still is now that that stupid arena is empty

zroid

Banned
ULm6Ose.png

blessed :')

Marlies need him back ASAP, they're running on fumes atm. Got dominated by the babby Nucks last night (but still won in a shootout thanks to Bibeau)

Quick

Banned
Will Ny returning soon? Blessed. Blessed be.

400M CAD total, 50% from our government. The other half was paid by Quebecor, who had some weird and presumably illegal agreement with the city, but the government passed a law just to circumvent the issue

it was a shit show, still is now that that stupid arena is empty

I remember there being some massive fuckery when the arena financing was on the news.

Marvie_3

Banned
Alan Rickman/Snape died :( :( :(

Bowie, Snape, who's next...
Stoll

/Acid

So... What's everyone's take on the Quebec bid and the bottoming out CAD?

I think it's put an already iffy bid firmly in the 'Ha Ha, Wow' friendzone of NHL expansion candidates.

LV gets picked, and then the league waits for Seattle to sort out its arena.
Yotes to Vegas. Expansion on hold for a bit until Seattle gets its arena figured out. Then the NHL expands to Seattle/QC. Detroit back to the West to even things out.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Girardi is out tonight, McIlrath in. (Yay!)

Brassard is also ok today after taking a maintenance day yesterday, so he's in and Lindberg sits for the second straight game.

Chris R

Yotes to Vegas. Expansion on hold for a bit until Seattle gets its arena figured out. Then the NHL expands to Seattle/QC. Detroit back to the West to even things out.

Does the NHL have the power to force Detroit back west? Or could Columbus move maybe?

I think basically everything is in place for the Seattle Arena, just need final approval, but I don't think that comes without a team :\ Chicken and Egg situation.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Why is Lindberg sitting? Isn't he doing well or was it just a hot start?

Hot start. He's still generally been pretty good for the most part, but he's slid into more of a typical rookie cycle. He went a good month there without scoring before finally bagging one in the game against Washington (the last game he's played in), and he's been a penalty machine lately. Bad penalties, offensive zone penalties, clumsy stick work kinda stuff. The types of things that you know are going to happen to a young player but still hurt your team over time.

Other players have struggled significantly worse (like Kreider and Hayes, for example), but it's important for AV to have those guys in to try to work through their problems, and both of those two guys in particular have had their days in the press box recently, so now they need to put it together on the ice. For what it's worth, Hayes' game has been showing some signs of life the last few games. Meanwhile, Jayson Megna is making that second line suddenly viable, and the 4th line has actually been chugging along really nicely since it finally stabilized somewhat as Glass-Moore-Stalberg.

So it's mostly a matter of there being 13 guys and somebody has to be the odd man out. Right now it's Oscar Lindberg. It probably won't be for too long.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Renaud Lavoie saying that Drouin could be moved in the next 24 hours

Mentions a strong link with the Blues which has been rumoured for a while now

After getting the gal a Canucks jersey over the holidays, have wound up watching a lot of them. A good thing to encourage her interest in the sport but aren't there enough Penguins games to last me through the year.

Red_Man

"Like everyone else, he hasn't put up many points " - Scott Morrison on Galchenyuk who's lead the team in points during this slump at almost a PPG pace.

10 more years of this shit.

Red_Man

Now they're pushing a fabricated story of tension between Patches and Subban. It's no wonder players don't want to play in places like Montreal and Toronto.

Top Bottom