• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2016 |OT| Road to the Matthews Draft Pick

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
why does the commentator keep calling "Erik Karlsson" "Eriksson" :lol

edit: beaten by imbask :lol

CaAiZdeVAAE0U8F.jpg

zroid

Banned
New Leafs logo deets:

I recently got a chance to see the new logo for myself and can share my thoughts. It's a new design but heavily inspired by the past. That's the hallmark of hockey design in the last decade — and not at all surprising from one of the league's oldest clubs.

It's modeled on the leaf that was introduced in 1938 minus the double outline that was added in the the 1960s — the logo we all know well from the third jersey the Leafs wore from 2000 to 2011.

The new design features updates to the veins and the typeface as seen in the sneak peek from the Leafs' tweet today. In fact, I can confirm that the type seen in that image (top) is indeed from the new logo.

I've created a mock-up based on what I saw to give you an idea of what we'll be seeing Tuesday. To demonstrate, I started with the logo from the aforementioned third jersey, therefore the outline is not exact.

The new design features a new leaf shape. And the type style is not completely accurate here either, but you can see the new type in today's official teaser.

So here's what I've got in blue and white.

jfdm1wC.png
q9Ai41G.png

Again, this is a mock-up, so don't be surprised when you start spotting the differences from the real thing on Tuesday. But it is in the neighborhood.

Essentially, the team has taken the old logo from 1938 and modernized it.

Watching the line up thing at B-Dubs today with m'lady. Aaron Ekblad is introduced.

Me: "Hey how old do you think that guy is?"
Her: "Huh um like 33 or 34?"
Me: (After laughing for a bit) "Try 19"
Her: "Bullshit"

Pull out phone, look him up to confirm it, she starts freaking out.

Her: "Could he grow a beard like that when he was in high school?"
Me: "Yeah look here is a picture from when he was 17 in juniors before the draft"
Her: "I'd shit my pants if I was 17 and had to play against a guy that looked like that"

To summarize: dude looks old af

Top Bottom