• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2016 |OT| Road to the Matthews Draft Pick

Nearly an hour later, and they've finally acknowledged him.

It really supports the theory that the league tried to send him literally as far away as they could.

Samyy

How the NHL (or I should say, their PR staff) didn't realize they could've easily spun this whole situation positively for the league from the start astounds me.

Really reinforces the idea of them being the most badly managed of the major sports.

It's a true testiment to the sport that they succeed despite themselves

spoken as somebody who couldn't even fathom the unimaginable complexity of running a major sports league

Quick

Banned
I was just watching a clip of Bettman explain the situation again, and I think I really believe him when he said that John Scott was welcome to attend.

I think, if anything, a league official probably spoke to Scott off-the-record and tried to get him out of the game by being a dick. That didn't work.

Bettman didn't take issue with it, allowed things to proceed, then the Coyotes fuck up and traded him out of the division, not just to grab Tinordi, but to try and get one of their players subbed in Scott's place.

CONSPIRACY

MvOTI6xRNitLa.gif

This John Scott story was a roller coaster. What started as a joke, then as a conspiracy theory between Habs and Yotes ( But I think we all know the guy the Habs traded, Tinordi for Scott, actually wanted out of Montreal because he was scratched all the time) then became the feel good story of the year. An Enforcer, that doesn't really score goals, became an All Star.

The People's Enforcer.

I forget who said it, but it could legit be the script for Goon 3. It's a great story.

Marvie_3

Banned
Didnt watch any of the all star game but its awesome Scott got the MVP and thr car and money. Dude deserves it after the bullshit the NHL tried to pull.

Id buy the shit out of this. :lol :lol

Gonna swing by the NHL store tomorrow and see if I can still get a John Scott all star shirt.

Socreges

Banned
Anyone got a link to a condensed video of the all Star game? Just want to see the Scott highlights and the MVP ceremony, to be honest

lol the NHL can go fuck itself.

How did they not take the opportunity to run with Scott being in the ASG? No one gave a fuck about the ASG before this.

Top Bottom