• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2016 |OT| Road to the Matthews Draft Pick

Fuck i just realized I may not be able to watch our game next Thursday.. It is our first game against the Pens all season and I may have to miss it.. FUCK

giphy.gif

Hey cool just checking finances because Johnny reminded me and I found out my University just randomly threw on almost $1100 worth of extra charges for this semester.

So now am I not only not getting $250 in cash from financial aid after tuition is paid off, but I instead have to come up with an additional $850!

Good thing I planned really well for this and am not saving up for a wedding or anything. And haven't recently spent several hundred dollars on things related to said wedding because I figured this semester was paid off and I could use the extra financial aid to pay for my books.

Because that would just be stupid, right?

Where do you go to school and how many hours do you have?

there is a cap rule on hours for certain states that will add on charges per hour taken if you go over the cap.

Some states have it some don't but I think now a good amount do.

Your advisors are supposed to let you know about it when you are nearing it, and there are exemptions of course to it like if you are going for multiple minors or multiple degrees, or have college credit from high school

Where do you go to school and how many hours do you have?

there is a cap rule on hours for certain states that will add on charges per hour taken if you go over the cap.

Some states have it some don't but I think now a good amount do.

University of North Dakota.

You pay per credit hour up to 12 hours, which counts as a full time student. Beyond that, everything costs as if it was 12. Take 15, you pay for 12. Take 18, you pay for 12. And so on.

I'm not sure where these extra costs came from, but looking at past years it's roughly on par, except with an extra $100 or so. Which could definitely make the difference. It's way too late to call anybody now, but I'm definitely going to be making calls tomorrow.

Hell, last semester I paid an extra $50 to take a tennis class, special sports class fees. So really I should be like $50 less than where I was last year. Not $100 more.

You pay per credit hour up to 12 hours, which counts as a full time student. Beyond that, everything costs as if it was 12. Take 15, you pay for 12. Take 18, you pay for 12. And so on.

I'm not sure where these extra costs came from, but looking at past years it's roughly on par, except with an extra $100 or so. Which could definitely make the difference. It's way too late to call anybody now, but I'm definitely going to be making calls tomorrow.

Hell, last semester I paid an extra $50 to take a tennis class, special sports class fees. So really I should be like $50 less than where I was last year. Not $100 more.

Yeah we pay per class. But this cap though is if you are over 150 hours attempted or completed they add on extra charges. So I would see if North Dakota has this implemented since it is a state thing.

I got lucky since in Texas they don't count out of state transfer towards it or else I would be over that 150 mark. Changing majors like 4 times doesn't help lol

But yeah those extra charges for classes like that are funky. I have one that is an extra $200 but it would be well worth it since it is a competition class and if we win regionals, which we have an awesome shot to, we go to nationals and get to go to California pro bono.

Works exactly the same here, do you have a lab this semester? Universities will charge extra for classes with lab fees.

Or are you on a waitlist? It won't apply COF if one of your classes is waitlisted, unless you have 12 hours regardless.

Christ boys, been a while since we had a win or offense like that. Worth tuning in for.

GG Cakey, lub you regardless <3

Getzlafs shitty drop passes need to stop in 2016. Thankfully he made up for it.

Was that Theodores first NHL goal?

A fresh billion is in the hands of a Ducks fan tonight.

THE SAMUELIS!?

Top Bottom