• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2017 |OT| May 2016's reign of terror end with the Wild's sacrificial loss

sirronoh

Welp. Devils got handled by the Leafs tonight. Better luck tomorrow with the Oilers. I'll be in attendance to see McLucic. Plus free food!

30 seconds, they can't do it, right?

edit: I don't think Babcock will care at all about the shots. As long as the team gets the win and stays 'fresh' for tomorrow.

edit2: They got the win.

If a few things swing right, by tomorrow every Canadian team could be in a playoff spot. Still early in the season for most of them (the Habs are the only team that are really a lock to make it) but what a difference from last year.

yyzjohn

Banned
If a few things swing right, by tomorrow every Canadian team could be in a playoff spot. Still early in the season for most of them (the Habs are the only team that are really a lock to make it) but what a difference from last year.

Yeah it's neat but WAY too early (especially for Leafs) I mean we haven't even hit the halfway mark of the season. Hard to believe cause it seems like so much has happened.

Yeah it's neat but WAY too early (especially for Leafs) I mean we haven't even hit the halfway mark of the season. Hard to believe cause it seems like so much has happened.

Yeah I'm not making any predictions it's just surprising, if you had been unaware of hockey this year to this point and checked the standings you'd be like uhhhhh what.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
It's kind of confusing how leafs are in bottom third for home PP and PK but #1 for both by far on the road

Our matchup game must really reallllly suck

Pikma

Banned
I remember saying before the end of last season that the Leafs would make the playoffs this year, even LeafsGAF made fun of me :(

iLLmAtlc

I know with nerd stats it's a lot harder to be tricked into believing these days but thx to recent wins it's been fun to look forward to games again.

Plus this year seems a bit more wide open with all these good teams surprisingly struggling.

Socreges

Banned
Horvat is good

I know with nerd stats it's a lot harder to be tricked into believing these days but thx to recent wins it's been fun to look forward to games again.

Plus this year seems a bit more wide open with all these good teams surprisingly struggling.
I put the chance of the Canucks making the playoffs at 0.02% at best, but to cheer against them when if they win tonight they'll be in a wild card spot...is just stupid. I'd rather enjoy this season, despite all the losses. Not like Virtanen at #6 is a superior prospect to Boeser at #24. It isn't worth cheering for a tank unless we're truly in Avs/Yotes territory.

iLLmAtlc

Yeah I don't think they'll make it either but I welcome any little doubt they're able to create.

That said it doesn't actually feel like the Canucks are winning this game at all with how one sided it's been. >_>

e: accidentally clicked the split second ad again, you're welcome.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
If the playoffs started right now:

Flyers @ Blue Jackets
Rangers @ Penguins
Capitals @ Canadiens
Maple Leafs @ Senators

Canucks @ Blackhawks
Blues @ Wild
Flames @ Ducks
Oilers @ Sharks

Quick

Banned
If the playoffs started right now:

Flyers @ Blue Jackets
Rangers @ Penguins
Capitals @ Canadiens
Maple Leafs @ Senators

Canucks @ Blackhawks
Blues @ Wild
Flames @ Ducks
Oilers @ Sharks

I don't know how long this'll last but I'll take it for now.

09Oc1if.gif

Top Bottom