• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2017 |OT| May 2016's reign of terror end with the Wild's sacrificial loss

Seadogs vs Mooseheads on Sportsnet now if anyone's interested in watching Nico Hisher.

Also,Chabot and Gauthier aren't playing today because they are getting back from World Juniors.

Also Habs Prospect: Simon Bourque is playing for Saint John after being traded to Saint John from Rimouski

uhh.. FUCK Buffalo. you don't give an 18 year old kid a potentially career ending hit like that out of nowhere. his brain isn't even fully developed yet ffs, a concussion could have serious consequences...

who was it that dropped him (Laine)? fucking cunt.

ColdPizza

Banned
uhh.. FUCK Buffalo. you don't give an 18 year old kid a potentially career ending hit like that out of nowhere. his brain isn't even fully developed yet ffs, a concussion could have serious consequences...

Was a legal hit. That's hockey.

That being said, I hope he's okay.

There's another word for that. It's

UNSUSTAINABLE

Highlight is amazing, but all I can think is what sort of people pay a bunch of money to see a hockey game in the lower bowl, watch OT, see their team win in hilarious fashion, and then immediately jog up the stairs to beat traffic. What went so wrong in your life to make you act this way?

Living with SoCal traffic. You want to get home in 1 hour not 2

I really hope Laine is ok ......but wtf type of garbage post is this? It was a clean hit. If anything the retaliation after is what needs to be punished and eliminated.

I really hope Laine is ok ......but wtf type of garbage post is this? It was a clean hit. If anything the retaliation after is what needs to be punished and eliminated.

Speaking on the retaliation, I was relieved to check the penalties and see that Scheiffele got the only penalty out of that whole thing. Injuries are super unfortunate for every player on every team in every sport but if it's within the rules of the game, which this hit was, to jump a guy for it and get away with it just ain't right.

imBask

Banned

it was like the cleanest hit of all time.

If you wanna argue against hits in hockey that's your prerogative, but other than that, that's hockey

as mentionned, the retaliation needs to get punished on that play because that's idiotic as fuck

It's called a suicide pass for a reason. I don't see anything really dirty about the hit. His head bounces off the ice, is what looks like the worst part.

Quick

Banned
Apparently he walked from the arena to the bus with the team which is good. No official word though.

Just watched it again, looked like his head didn't hit the ice, but his back is what took the impact. His head looks scrambled in any case probably from the hit itself, it even looks like he bumped heads with McCabe too.

/not a doctor/expert

we Finns haven't had a goal scoring superstar since Selänne (yea i know he only quit like 2-3 years ago but you know what i mean), can we please just have Laine? can other players pls not concuss him out of the league before he even turns 19?

thats why i'm goddamn furious about the hit, because i fucking knew it was too good to be true for us to have a luminary like that. i said it at the start of the season, that someone will probably fuck him up and he can't play a full season. maybe this will start an injury spiral and he'll never play a full season again or get back to his normal level. maybe he gets so depressed he commits a murder suicide and it's all because of fucking Buffalo.

I ASSUME THE WORST BECAUSE IT ALWAYS HAPPENS WITH FINNISH HOCKEY. so please understand.

thanks.

we Finns haven't had a goal scoring superstar since Selänne (yea i know he only quit like 2-3 years ago but you know what i mean), can we please just have Laine? can other players pls not concuss him out of the league before he even turns 19?

thats why i'm goddamn furious about the hit, because i fucking knew it was too good to be true for us to have a luminary like that. i said it at the start of the season, that someone will probably fuck him up and he can't play a full season. maybe this will start an injury spiral and he'll never play a full season again or get back to his normal level. maybe he gets so depressed he commits a murder suicide and it's all because of fucking Buffalo.

I ASSUME THE WORST BECAUSE IT ALWAYS HAPPENS WITH FINNISH HOCKEY. so please understand.

thanks.

You should be furious with Laine for not keeping his head up and for the dude who passed it to him when he should have gone up the boards.

Quick

Banned
I'm triggered

Really a whole bunch of CHL teams need redesigns badly. I don't know if their schtick is really to look like they're from the mid-2000s, but man, a change in jersey templates would already be a big improvement.

I do get that it's also definitely a budget thing though.

thanks.

I don't even know if you're playing now, but let's dial it back.

You should be furious with Laine for not keeping his head up and for the dude who passed it to him when he should have gone up the boards.

nah man it was planned, he was targeted. just like McDavid last season.

ok ok i dunno, i admit i might be in the wrong here.. maybe hockey really is at its best when the most skilled players are not able to play for weeks/months/years because of violence.

thanks.

At least wait for the diagnosis before losing your shit. Injury might not be as serious as it looked and even if he misses an extended period of time this season it's not like his career is doomed.

Socreges

Banned

thanks.
nah man it was planned, he was targeted. just like McDavid last season.

ok ok i dunno, i admit i might be in the wrong here.. maybe hockey really is at its best when the most skilled players are not able to play for weeks/months/years because of violence.

2605350-itstimetost128501890719375000.jpg

Top Bottom