• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2017 |OT| May 2016's reign of terror end with the Wild's sacrificial loss

TeethMummies got bodied by the Avs

edit: By the way, Long Beach Native Matt Nieto was the sole reason we won that game. The energy on the team was completely different tonight, and Nieto was the catalyst.
Xgj0BP4.gif

Pikma

Banned
You know I love the Leafs, they're my 15th favorite team, I would never fight Kave or any other LeafsGAF member, except maybe Imbask, he's the only diehard leafs fan I don't like

Reckheim

I remember saying before the end of last season that the Leafs would make the playoffs this year, even LeafsGAF made fun of me :(
We haven't made shit yet. Its only 38 games into the season.

Knowing the leafs, well go on a 10 game loosing streak sometime around the 72 game mark.

As I saw someone made a point about it.

Obviously blowing all those leads is ridiculous but at the same time the fact they're able to lead for that long also shows it's not just a fluke.

It's frustrating as hell but I'll take this team that blows leads versus a team that never has em to begin with.

Bingo bongo. Oingo Boingo!

I don't know if he ends up being an elite NHL player or not, but Hischier definitely seems like he'll be at least a "good" NHL player with his board work, puck control and effectiveness down low around the net

Speaking of Nico

Sportsnet is showing Seadogs vs Mooseheads today at 3Pm EST. Definitely going to watch that.

Scherbak playing in his first NHL game vs the Leafs. Going to be a fun night

Yawnier

Banned
I think the Leafs playoff chances will ultimately boil down to 1) Matthews & Andersen staying healthy and 2) T.B. not rebounding

If Tampa Bay wakes up, I think Montreal/Tampa/Boston are the three division teams, and Leafs are left in a down-to-the-wire wild card race against the Flyers and Senators. I'm not optimistic that they come out as the winner in that scenario.

I've prepared myself that the Leafs will probably draft 12th or 13th overall, aka the Jiri Tlusty range

Just gonna have to hope that somebody like a Willy Nylander ends up falling a bit on draft day

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I've prepared myself that the Leafs will probably draft 12th or 13th overall, aka the Jiri Tlusty range

Just gonna have to hope that somebody like a Willy Nylander ends up falling a bit on draft day

That was my expectation going into the season so they're right where I thought they might be.

imBask

Banned

Leafs are entering the infamous middle of the pack limbo?

AWW YEAAH

Foggy

After tonight, the Maple Leafs have the NHL's best road power play (29.0%) and road penalty kill (91.2%). That's astounding.

There's another word for that. It's

UNSUSTAINABLE

https://youtu.be/UzpbpDViTZo

in case anyone missed Mike Smith's latest blooper

Highlight is amazing, but all I can think is what sort of people pay a bunch of money to see a hockey game in the lower bowl, watch OT, see their team win in hilarious fashion, and then immediately jog up the stairs to beat traffic. What went so wrong in your life to make you act this way?

Didn't Andersen play last night too?

Yup but fuck it, he's going again! Backup goalie? Whats a backup goalie?

Not expecting much from this game, but I haven't expected much from either game against the Habs this year and they were both close and this is the first in Toronto so maybe I'll be surprised. If it's a gong show I'll put on football.

I hit that Split Second ad so much it's in my frequently visited pages on my phone.

calder

wtf is with Laine passing all the time now? shyness or something?

Especially on 2 on 1s like that sometimes the goalie and D overplay him so much it's hilarious. He's a good passer but with his shot it's understandable when goalies bite so hard when he fakes shot

calder

Bad goal late in Helle, this is not a recording

No idea at all what hellebuyck was doing on that shot. It almost looked like he was flailing his feet around desperately trying to get out of the way of the puck 🙄

Erdrick

wtf is with Laine passing all the time now? shyness or something?

Points are points.

Bad goal late in Helle, this is not a recording

No idea at all what hellebuyck was doing on that shot. It almost looked like he was flailing his feet around desperately trying to get out of the way of the puck 🙄

Par for the course with our goalies this season. Lets hope it's his only blunder today.

Erdrick

Nice to see Stafford and Armia score against their old team. Armia really deserves more goals, as he works his ass off.

iLLmAtlc

I was just looking back on the 2013 world juniors and man that team USA was loaded on defence:

Trouba
McCabe
S. Jones
M. Reilly
Gotisbehere
C. Murphy

Also RNH with 15 points in 6 games >_>

The shift-by-shift of Liljegren was surprisingly underwhelming, but it may be because he was just getting back from being sick + playing in a men's league for the first time. Would not be surprised if he starts dropping if he continues to play like that, although the elite skill potential is still obvious.
He played in SHL last year.

Top Bottom