• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2017 |OT| May 2016's reign of terror end with the Wild's sacrificial loss

Parch

Hayley Wickenheiser has officially retired :'(
One of the greatest women hockey players of all time.
An Absolute Legend.
Definitely a legend, and a real pioneer for the advancement of women's hockey. Pro leagues for women would never have happened without stars like Hayley leading the way.

Quick

Banned
It's not that bad, you guys should give it a try.

I SEE YOU SATAN, YOU AIN'T TEMPTING ME.

12229707.jpg

Pikma

Banned
You have to give up 10 goals against to be a contender in this league.
I've been trying to but Lehtonen will only take 7 goals before getting replaced, maybe if I injury Niemi has an unfortunate accident 😈😈😈😈😈😈😈

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Went for a second viewing of La La Land. Had a free ticket, and I just needed to get out of my house.

So many old people, I feel like I aged 30 years automatically.

Want to see ir, probably will have to wait till the digital release.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
This image is great. If it came in the context of a win it would be pretty perfect.

fc9201b.jpg

I'm not entirely sure how Kreider got there considering he was on the ice when he scored.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
If the playoffs started today:

Flyers @ Blue Jackets
Penguins @ Capitals
Rangers @ Canadiens
Senators @ Bruins

Kings @ Blackhawks
Blues @ Wild
Flames @ Ducks
Oilers @ Sharks

yyzjohn

Banned
And Leaf fans thought they were going to get the moon for Kessel.

Hall for Larsson is reality, and I'd do it again. Oilers are winning now, and Devils aren't.
Trade value for defencemen seems ridiculous now but that's what the market is.

In today's NHL you don't just trade players you also trade the contract. Kessel at $8M a year for 7 years coming off his worst season for the Leafs is worth alot less in trade value then a producing JVR at 4.25M with only one year left on his deal.

Solo

AGally, Markov and Shaw are all going to be given either the green light for tonight or another night in the press box after the morning skate :eek:

There's nothing worse than sitting on a work toilet and being hit with an exactly butt-temperature seat, instantly knowing that someone just got finished spraying poop right there.

I work on a floor with an IT recruitment firm and us (government network infrastructure project). There are a lot of people eating Indian food.

The toilets during 7-5 are abominable at nearly all times.

Not even the sanitiser dispenser next to it (which is a very progressive idea) is able to provide calm in the face of adversity.

And the VERY worst part? .... .... No 4G coverage.

PillarEN

Good news. The NHL has started posting recaps on their Youtube channel again.

Bad news is that I was reading an article about how the NHL Network did a Top 10 rivalries video segment and the NHL.com website makes reaaaaallllly hard to find.

Here they are: https://www.nhl.com/search#q=top 10 rivalries

Here is one that I'm partial to: https://www.nhl.com/video/top-10-rivalries-of-all-time/t-277437098/c-48277803

EDIT: Also, I hate how all companies crop their 4:3 videos. Guys. It's ok. The black bars are not a travesty. Cutting off the the top and bottom of old footage is.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Garret Sparks has been recalled by the Leafs...

Shit I hope nothing happened to Andersen.

edit: Instead it's McElhinney potentially dealing with a slight issue.

Quick

Banned
EDIT: Also, I hate how all companies crop their 4:3 videos. Guys. It's ok. The black bars are not a travesty. Cutting off the the top and bottom of old footage is.

I'm usually against cropping footage, but in this case, it's a non-issue imo. There's nothing to miss from the tops and bottoms of the footage they used. For game footage, they just end up cutting out a chunk of the crowd, and close ups are focused on the player solely anyway.

Garret Sparks has been recalled by the Leafs...

Shit I hope nothing happened to Andersen.

edit: Instead it's McElhinney potentially dealing with a slight issue.

So does Freddy start or Sparks?

Quick

Banned
Am I wrong for being higher on Gardiner's potential as a #1 D-man for the Leafs than Rielly's?

I've always been a Jake Gardiner fan, and I always hoped he'd be a 1st pairing d-man with Rielly.

It seemed a bit ridiculous the last few years but I think Babcock utilized him well since he took over last season on the 2nd pairing.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Am I wrong for being higher on Gardiner's potential as a #1 D-man for the Leafs than Rielly's?

Nope.

But I'll also say with how Babcock has utilized Rielly to bring him along slowly (less PP time for instance) I can see why anyone would think that.

I think the Leafs view Rielly with bigger upside and want to develop him slowly into it while letting Gardiner do his thing.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
So looks like McElhenny will start tonight. Guess Sparks is up just in case he can't go during the game or something.

Quick

Banned
At work if I ever see the bathroom door only slightly ajar, instead of well open like any such door should be, I know it's because someone took a nasty shit and they have done the unconscious shame close. Wherein they want to hide the stink even though all that does is trap it in there for the next person to enjoy in all its full, fresh potency.

��

There's nothing worse than sitting on a work toilet and being hit with an exactly butt-temperature seat, instantly knowing that someone just got finished spraying poop right there.

Both of these are just too real for me.

For the year and a half I was at my job, I only had to share the bathroom primarily with two other people. One of them was a neat freak (legitimate OCD), so the bathroom would always be clean as hell.

Now that I'm back at retail, I have to deal with a shitty public bathroom again. I'm outraged.

So looks like McElhenny will start tonight. Guess Sparks is up just in case he can't go during the game or something.

Saw a tweet saying McElhinney was dealing with a minor injury, but it's either really minor or a false alert.

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member
Forsberg-Johansen-Smith
Sissons-Fisher-Watson
Arvidsson-Jarnkrok-Neal
McLeod-Grant-Zolnierczyk

Irwin-Ellis
Ekholm-Granberg
Bitetto-Weber

Well, Neal is back at least.

I forgot to mention earlier that Subban is apparently traveling with the team now, which he hasn't been doing since the injury.

Forsberg-Johansen-Smith
Sissons-Fisher-Watson
Arvidsson-Jarnkrok-Neal
McLeod-Grant-Zolnierczyk

Irwin-Ellis
Ekholm-Granberg
Bitetto-Weber

Well, Neal is back at least.

I forgot to mention earlier that Subban is apparently traveling with the team now, which he hasn't been doing since the injury.

That defence is rough without Josi and Subban

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member
Forsberg had an injury scare, but came back on the ice. Hopefully that's the end of that.

That defence is rough without Josi and Subban

Thankfully, Irwin has been much better than anyone was expecting him to be. But yeah, it's pretty bad. Especially having to ice Granberg, who is a mid-tier AHLer at best.

Chris R

Nice action from the Avs, just need to stop taking STUPID penalties.

Sad to see Cody in a different jersey, nice little tribute they made for him though.

Top Bottom