• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Lockout With Your Cock Out |OT|

Marvie_3

Banned
Seriously though, check out this one minute and twenty second clip of an amazing match series from a promotion called Dragon Gate USA:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cn10jGJE_mM

This is more my type of stuff. There is some ridiculous athleticism, coordination, and choreography here.

...and a gif for the road:

http://4thletter.net/wp-content/uploads//9genericorampage2.gif[img][/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i.minus.com/iuctluiCvf3dz.gif

Socreges

Banned
Like, damn, I know this is a video game forum and everything. But grown men actually watch wrestling?
1276582986037.gif

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Like, damn, I know this is a video game forum and everything. But grown men actually watch wrestling?
I'm with you, I never realized so many people watched wrestling, I haven't met someone who watches it since I was in grade school. I don't get the appeal but at least it's not MLP.

Alucard

Banned
Who do you frown upon more? The MMA guy wearing the Tapout shirt or the WWE guy wearing the Stone Cold shirt?

I...don't know if I want to know what MLP is.

Who do you frown upon more? The MMA guy wearing the Tapout shirt or the WWE guy wearing the Stone Cold shirt?

MMA is actual combat, wrestling is advanced synchronised gymnastics/dancing. South Park summed it up rather well.

sp_1310_clip11.jpg

MLP = My Little Pony.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

I frown upon both equally.

And no, you really don't.

Alucard

Banned
I'm with you, I never realized so many people watched wrestling, I haven't met someone who watches it since I was in grade school. I don't get the appeal but at least it's not MLP.

I was out for about 10 years until a buddy took me to a live show. It's just good fun, and there is some ridiculous athleticism involved in a lot of it. I just appreciate the artistry of the actual wrestling, the entertainment of the characters and stories, and the physicality.

Plus, there's AJ Lee.

zykIN.gif

ShaneB

The MMA thread gets as weird
actually lots weirder
this one does when there's no events. We're all brothers. Speaking of which, awesome fight card on Saturday night.

Alucard

Banned
MMA is actual fighting, I don't watch it but I can better understand it's appeal

I get its appeal too, but I'd still rather watch a well-choreographed wrestling match that tells a good story. I realize it's hard to convince those who never watched or stopped watching a long time ago, though.

I will pseudonymously admit in public that I once enjoyed WWF/WWE. But I liked the larger-than-life, campy characters of the 80s and early 90s.

MMA I have tried to but cannot watch. Same with Boxing, and 30 Rock.

Wow, I let myself become somewhat hopeful again. OK, lesson is finally learned - never again. Bettman did say that make-whole was withdrawn in its entirety, right? Yuuuuup. . . no season now.

Alucard

Banned
P.S. There are wrestlers who have incorporated MMA-style strikes into their arsenal to make the fighting more "real," and there have been some pretty interesting-looking submissions that have been introduced into it as well.

Y39rJ.gif

Anyway, really gotta sleep. 'Nite.

If you wanna see what a modern pro wrestling match looks like, here's a good 20-minute match from Japan:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xp...jpw-03-10-12_sport?search_algo=2#.UMFuroZKZwI (Davey Richards vs. Prince Devitt)

Red_Man

I don't know if you've been following Shark prospects at all Acid, but Sharks goalie Anderson plays on the same team as Galchenyuk and got another shutout tonight, and has been playing really good as of late.

Heretic

I was out for about 10 years until a buddy took me to a live show. It's just good fun, and there is some ridiculous athleticism involved in a lot of it. I just appreciate the artistry of the actual wrestling, the entertainment of the characters and stories, and the physicality.

Plus, there's AJ Lee.

zykIN.gif

I was with you up until you brought in AJ. Worst fucking character ever.

Marvie_3

Banned
Does anyone else think that Fehr might have made a couple big mistakes this week? Ones that could end his attempt to MLBify the NHLPA?
He never had a chance in hell of doing this but I think he did significant damage to what little leverage the NHLPA had in this whole thing.

Red_Man

Chris Botta said:
Friends I value, colleagues I trust assure me Don Fehr's follow-up actions will be measured, wise and effective for his players.
Seems a little late for that.

Socreges

Banned
I'd really like to think that players will push back against the PA and lessen Fehr's influence.

I'd also like to think that Fehr is now saying/thinking "We went too far! Time to compromise! Hopefully they'll reconsider!"

But I think it's much more likely that each side will remain in their respective corners, sufficiently united, believing that they are in the right, and not enough change will be brought about to reach an agreement. At least not for several months.

CCF23

Wow, I let myself become somewhat hopeful again. OK, lesson is finally learned - never again. Bettman did say that make-whole was withdrawn in its entirety, right? Yuuuuup. . . no season now.

They did, although it's likely it was to send a message to the PA that shit isn't going to get any better. If Fehr came crawling back (which he won't) and said he wanted to take the NHL's last offer to a vote, the NHL would likely put it all back on the table.

Top Bottom