• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Lockout With Your Cock Out |OT|

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
K, what deep-inside player could it be? Must've been someone at the meeting.

Craig Adams, David Backes, Michael Cammalleri, B.J. Crombeen, Mathieu Darche, Shane Doan, Ron Hainsey, Shawn Horcoff, Jamal Mayers, Manny Malhotra, Andy McDonald, Ryan Miller, George Parros, Brad Richards, Martin St. Louis, Kevin Westgarth and the aforementioned Crosby and Toews.

Let's see, who of those is depth.

Adams, Crombeen, Darche, Hainsey, Mayers, Malhotra, McDonald, Parros and Westgarth.

I know Parros is smart, so my money is on him. Doesn't he have a Business degree?

Marvie_3

Banned

Craig Adams, David Backes, Michael Cammalleri, B.J. Crombeen, Mathieu Darche, Shane Doan, Ron Hainsey, Shawn Horcoff, Jamal Mayers, Manny Malhotra, Andy McDonald, Ryan Miller, George Parros, Brad Richards, Martin St. Louis, Kevin Westgarth and the aforementioned Crosby and Toews.

Adams, Crombeen, Darche, Hainsey, Mayers, Malhotra, McDonald, Parros and Westgarth.

I know Parros is smart, so my money is on him. Doesn't he have a Business degree?

Economics

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Can't wait for the inevitable schism and collapse of the PA. It WILL happen.

kassatsu

Banned

Adams went to Harvard.

kassatsu

Banned
Did he graduate though? I know Parros has a degree, but a lot of players leave university once they get drafted (Sorry Dastardly/Heretic)

Damn that Podium has impressive stamina.

He played for 4 years for their hockey team so I assume so. Pens website says History major.

Socreges

Banned
Huge ex hockey fan here, stopped watching it during the '95 lockout. Havent turned back since, thank god for euro football.

Shit like this only flies because the fans allow it to.
What's the moral of the story here? Stop watching hockey for forever in order to benefit the league that you're no longer watching?

VALIS

The long and the short of pro sports labor negotiations for me is this:

The owners give the players a living. Not the other way around. The owners are all independently rich of their own means. The players are rich but dependent on the owners. Thus, the owners will always will the labor dispute.

That's funny, a couple hours ago I made a post asking if you were a conservative because the only people I know of in all my of NY and Boston area hockey contacts that are pro-owner through all this are hardcore right wing, people who think "job creators" are always entitled to everything and the employees should be happy with whatever the owners deign to give them. The sports fans' insipid version of this logic is, "Gosh! They're lucky to just make money playing a game for a living! I'd do it for $50,000 a year!"

I didn't post it because I thought it was unfair. Turns out I was right, I guess. I mean, you may not be a conservative (or think you are) but you sure are touting one of the core tenets of conservatism.

Alucard

Banned
Damn. This thread has been hopping the past few days. Could someone update me on the latest developments? Cliff's notes?

tumblr_m7c649mwGe1rpv6kho11_r1_250.gif

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
That's funny, a couple hours ago I made a post asking if you were a conservative because the only people I know of in all my of NY and Boston area hockey contacts that are pro-owner through all this are hardcore right wing, people who think "job creators" are always entitled to everything and the employees should be happy with whatever the owners deign to give them. The sports fans' insipid version of this logic is, "Gosh! They're lucky to just make money playing a game for a living! I'd do it for $50,000 a year!"

I didn't post it because I thought it was a little unfair. Turns out I was right, I guess. I mean, you may not be a conservative (or think you are) but you sure are touting one of the core tenets of conservatism.

In this case, we're talking about the fact the the top 1% of player should be happy with 8 year contract limits. They are the ONLY ones affected by this, and it's what's stopping negotiations. If anything, we're the opposite of conservatives here. What you're saying is that unless the top 1% doesn't have to compromise, no deal gets done. We're saying, let the top 1% compromise a little, they'll only get 100 Mio instead of 110mio, but we can get back to hockey. It's remarkably similar to the fiscal cliff discussion happening in real life.

perfect.

McDonald has been retweeting support of arena workers and not spewing the standard player twitter bullshit. I'd like to think well of him.

VALIS

In this case, we're talking about the fact the the top 1% of player should be happy with 8 year contract limits. They are the ONLY ones affected by this, and it's what's stopping negotiations. If anything, we're the opposite of conservatives here. What you're saying is that unless the top 1% doesn't have to compromise, no deal gets done. We're saying, let the top 1% compromise a little, they'll only get 100 Mio instead of 110mio, but we can get back to hockey. It's remarkably similar to the fiscal cliff discussion happening in real life.

I'd agree with you if it was the only sticking point here, but there seem to be more than a few areas where the league and PA aren't close.

Cake Boss

Banned
Had a little exchange with that Vancouver guy Jason Botchford on twitter, it was hard not to resort to Hitler comments but I made it.

Top Bottom