• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Lockout With Your Cock Out |OT|

Cake Boss

Banned
Also the players that keep bitching about the 5 year UFA contracts, you know you could always resign for 7 with the club and let them trade you to the club youwant, this way the team gets something back and not lose an asset for nothing and the players gets his long term contract. This creates a more balanced league when even in free agency you have to give up assets.

Interesting stuff from @adater today. Ryan Miller and some 'Crombeen' guy are saying that Don Fehr never counselled the players to 'hold out for more'... and yet that is effectively what the players did. So who developed the counter-proposal idea? The players themselves? The same guys that Miller himself just claimed were incapable of doing such things?

This is what bugs me about the players: Why not just admit that, while you (the players) were deeply impressed by the offer, there were still things that you felt the league needed to give you in order to justify a revenue-share rollback and long term CBA?

CCF23

One of two things is going to happen here:

1. The majority of the players are behind Fehr and this gets dragged on. Fehr pushes it, because that's what Fehr does. Decertification or disclaimer of interest happen. The owners, who aren't afraid of him, tell him to stick it up his ass. Things go very, very badly.

2. There is a large enough vocal group within the union that pushes Fehr to get back to the table and make a deal next week. Tells him to accept a 10 year CBA, tells him to drop the "transitional issues" (amnesty buyouts and escrow cap...isnt the 'make whole' a transitional method anyway?), tells him to try and push the contract limit as far as he can (6 or 7 years), and gets a deal done.

I don't get the sense that this NHL "final offer" is anything like the last couple. I really believe they're at the end of their rope here. The players need to recognize that and not fuck it up, or else they're in for a world of hurt when all the progress they've made (they'd actually save face with a deal similar to what they have on the table now) comes flying off the table.

Cake Boss

Banned
That makes no sense because it was adater was the one that said his source and other players were ready to take the deal but Fehr advised them not too and squeeze out more from the final offer.

I don't know

I am so high.

Toews said:
“They’re just trying to play any angle they can. So far, any angle we’ve had is to see and wait if the NHL wants to wait this long and they have. I’m not too sure where we go from here.”

I put my hand upon your skate, when I wait you wait we wait.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Wanna give me a quick rundown of announcements/trailers I missed at the VGA's? I couldn't care less about the awards, but announcements and trailers are cool.

Solo

GAF is losing their shit with the Dark Souls 2 announcement.

I have the weirdest relationship with this series. I absolutely love the games but simultaneously loathe them. Beating Demons and Dark was like an endurance match from hell for me. I loved both games but the experience was so exhausting that I never have and never will touch them a second time. So it shall be for Dark 2.

Revenant

such a shitty, boring game

Richards-Head-Shake.gif

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Goddamn these VGAs have been fucking awful and Pope Keighley trolled us again with all the reveal teasers. I hate the gaming industry so fucking much.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I think the actual program is less embarrassing compared to previous years at least.
I only watch this pile of shit for game reveals and Keighley said there would be five and all we've gotten is that flaming whale game and DS2. Such BS, I don't know why I'm surprised.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I only watch this pile of shit for game reveals and Keighley said there would be five and all we've gotten is that flaming whale game and DS2. Such BS, I don't know why I'm surprised.

Yeah the lack of new stuff was pretty weak. I don't need more games at the moment anyways. So much I still have to play on the shelf.

Goddamn these VGAs have been fucking awful and Pope Keighley trolled us again with all the reveal teasers. I hate the gaming industry so fucking much.

I still laugh at the term "gaming journalism".

Was Keighley there with Doritos in hand and a Mountain Dew shirt ?

ShaneB

I have the weirdest relationship with this series. I absolutely love the games but simultaneously loathe them. Beating Demons and Dark was like an endurance match from hell for me. I loved both games but the experience was so exhausting that I never have and never will touch them a second time. So it shall be for Dark 2.

This sums it up for me as well. Finished Demon's, but when I was playing Dark, I just got to a point where the challenge and obtuseness of it just drove me over the edge and I stopped playing.

Merguson

Banned
:lol what a lying bitch

I'm just bitter nothing of Destiny was shown

Well he never said it was going to show and there really wasn't anything to confirm that. Just speculation.

Oh and a few hours before the show, Bungie said they weren't showing anything.

Top Bottom