• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Lockout With Your Cock Out |OT|

Montresor

In what season? 3? I've loved pretty much every aspect of S3 aside from one particular character.

I was always someone who loved Season 1 and hated Season 2.

Season 3 won back my attention, as I thought episodes 2-6 were pretty awesome. But I'm back off the wagon because of the bullshit they pulled in episodes 7-8. The writers are bad in my opinion because
they are doing everything in their power to make Michonne into a dumb mute, preventing her from communicating vital information to all of the cast members. Michonne knows that Merle and Andrea used to be in a group together, that Merle was left behind and lost his hand as a result in Atlanta, and that Merle had a brother in that long lost group. Then when Merle meets Glenn and Maggie, she observed that they recognized each other, and she damn well better have heard bits of the conversation that stated they used to be in a group together, with Merle condemning Glenn for leaving him behind. And yet, when Michonne meets the Ricktatorship at the prison, she doesn't communicate any of this info. All she says is 'I'll help you fellas lead a rescue party to Woodbury' while omitting the critical fact that they might run into Andrea or Merle. Unbelievable. And then there was the unconvincing scene where Michonne waited patiently at the governor's house to get "revenge." Revenge for what, exactly, is all I can say. It was a dumb excuse to mimic the scene from the comics where the governor gets stabbed in the eye. In the comic she had a valid beef with the governor and the concept of revenge seemed legitimate there, but not in the show. And finally, after she stabs the governor in the eye and meets Andrea face-to-face... she doesn't tell Andrea that the Ricktatorship is at Woodbury. >.< All of this poor writing is engineered towards one common goal: seeing Andrea's dumb face look shocked when the governor brings Daryl and Merle out to the fighting ring at the end of the finale.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Hahaha that is the exact character I've had a problem with.
She is fucking awful, I don't know what she's like in the comics but in the show she's such a boring piece of shit, 1 dimensional character with no likeable traits about her, and like you said there are so many stupid plot points ruined by her not simply speaking up. I don't understand why a majority of people in the WD thread have a hard on for her, I'm assuming it's because she uses a samurai sword but that got old pretty quickly. She is definitely awful, and the last couple episodes really pushed some boundaries on logic, but it's still been the most enjoyable season for me, and made up for S2. Also dat ending. They've also ruined Andrea, she's so annoying in the show, and has no redeemable features aside from her ass.

I wonder how you two would react if a third Ducks fan found his way in here.

Or perhaps other Ducks fans have lurked in the past, come and gone, too afraid to post lest they be subjected to your solicitations.

There was already a third one time once upon a time ago... and there was Karakand - the original.

ShaneB

Team Nope.

Also, TWD is awesome, so yes, buy it. I've been a lifelong pnc adventure game fan, so any sort of 'non-game' argument just seemed incredibly silly to me.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Elliot Friedman is on team HOPE:

The best perspective on the "Manhattan Meltdown" came from a relative of mine who regularly negotiates big deals. "They're too close not to get it done," he said. "They just hate each other so much, they're throwing their last haymakers."

He also mentions it would be a nice gesture for the NHL to offer center ice free for the rest of the season if there is one with no black outs. Doubt it would ever happen but that would be pretty sick

Cherry apparently browses Gaf as well:

For all you giving me heck for saying Jake Gardiner is the best I've seen not Justin Schultz.. Here's what I said "what I've seen Gardiner play for the Leafs all last season & 20 games for the Marlies and I don't get Oklahoma Ciry Barons games here in Toronto!

Cake Boss

Banned
"@McCannSportsLaw: Can only help: #NHLPA turns to NYC labor lawyer Jim Quinn, who helped the #NBA and #NBPA end their #lockout last year. http://t.co/kOIWVKAr"

MORE HOPIUM

Cake Boss

Banned
For all you giving me heck for saying Jake Gardiner is the best I've seen not Justin Schultz.. Here's what I said "what I've seen Gardiner play for the Leafs all last season & 20 games for the Marlies and I don't get Oklahoma Ciry Barons games here in Toronto!

Hmmm sound very familiar.

Cherry is in Toronto, he gets to watch only Toronto games, calls the best player on the Toronto team the best player in the league.

TDKRFavMomentsScenesShotW5-3.jpg

DISH WASHER
DISH WASHER

RISE!

Cake Boss

Banned
"I can't wait to see what his teammates do when guys go after him." Philly's Scott Hartnell on @TEAM1200Ottawa on Roman Hamrlik. #NHL #NHLPA

lol the caps are fucked.

Cake Boss

Banned
Greg Wyshynski &#8207;@wyshynski
Hearing 2 other NHL teams have staff called back or on standby. That's 4 total. Again, could be precaution. ****'ll move fast after deal.

Greg Wyshynski &#8207;@wyshynski
Hear rumblings support staff called back/on standby for at least 2 NHL teams this week. Could be precautionary. "'Hopes, don't get up..."

HOPE RISING AGAIN.

Top Bottom