• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Lockout With Your Cock Out |OT|

If the NHL comes back,
you'll be back...
It's still a fringe major league sport, that'll probably be overtaken by the MLS in a few years. Make no mistake, the NHL is a terrible league, thanks to both the players and owners. None of them deserve the money they're making right now.

You'll be back.

YOU'LL ALL COME CRAWLING BACK.

Meh. I'll be back but I can also deal with not being back. Quite frankly at this point it's more entertaining to see these douchenozzles squirt at each other than it will be to see a shortened season.

Hoping HBO does a behind-the-scenes mockumentary of the whole thing. Who would play Bettman and Fehr?

Meh. I'll be back but I can also deal with not being back. Quite frankly at this point it's more entertaining to see these douchenozzles squirt at each other than it will be to see a shortened season.

Hoping HBO does a behind-the-scenes mockumentary of the whole thing. Who would play Bettman and Fehr?
Ron Jeremy's penis and cancer.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
No one who says this or something similar is actually serious

CCF23

I'm firmly entrenched on team HOPE. It has taken longer than I had anticipated it would, but I still refuse to believe either side is stupid enough to throw away a full year without much of a reason. It's not really even about money at this point.

Heretic

I'm firmly entrenched on team HOPE. It has taken longer than I had anticipated it would, but I still refuse to believe either side is stupid enough to throw away a full year without much of a reason. It's not really even about money at this point.
Hope-ify your avatar!!!

No one who says this or something similar is actually serious

Really? You weren't entertained by the sheer stupidity of the proceedings last week? By the salt that was thrown around afterwards on twitter? By Fehr's double presser? By Bettman's steely gaze?

That was drama and anger overflowing onto an audience ready to lap it up.

I want them to try again this week. It's better than anything on TV right now
since TWD is on hiatus

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Really? You weren't entertained by the sheer stupidity of the proceedings last week? By the salt that was thrown around afterwards on twitter? By Fehr's double presser? By Bettman's steely gaze?

since TWD is on hiatus
I would be entertained if they weren't wasting my god damn time concerning my favourite hobby, and acting like kids throughout it, while clearly demonstrating they could give two fucks about me.

Cake Boss

Banned
According to Vincent Damphousse (ex-player and NHLPA high ranked staff), the NHL could be willing to move on contract limits BUT would propose less money for the makewhole in exchange. Players would have to choose, they can't have the 300M$ AND more years for the contract limit.

Still according to Damphousse, he has learned that if both sides come to an agreement before the weekend, a 56-game season (4 games against teams in your association) is set to start on December 30, which is a sunday (and is perfect for NBC and their sunday afternoon games)

HOPIUM!

Stolen from HF, I have no shame.

since TWD is on hiatus

That's like saying "Yes, I the neglected child enjoyed watching Daddy beat up Mummy and then set my toys on fire!"

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
Good to hear. I really haven't paid much attention to what the prospects are doing.

Got to watch Cole and Schwartz here last night. Cole very possibly partnering with Petro still scares the shit out of me, but he did fine. Schwartz had a few impressive plays, but Peoria hasn't clicked with him. Don't see him beating out Dags for a slot if/when the season starts.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Fuck this league and especially fuck the players. This league is in the toilet, just an utterly dysfunctional business.

Sounds like you need some hopium

@Richardlabbe: NHL meeting. B.Daly quote to me yesterday: "We don't have a high expectation level for (today). Willing to see is something good can happen"

Wait a second

Cake Boss

Banned
Gord Miller ‏@GMillerTSN
The consensus among NHL management types/agents here this morning is that there will definitely be a resolution to the lockout, and soon.

HOPIUM FROM GORD NOSE MILLER!

Pharros

Gord Miller ‏@GMillerTSN
The consensus among NHL management types/agents here this morning is that there will definitely be a resolution to the lockout, and soon.

HOPIUM FROM GORD NOSE MILLER!

Gord Miller ‏@GMillerTSN
Sadly, as much as I want to see the people out of work because of this back on the job, I don't see it. At least not yet.

That was 8 minutes later. Quite the quick shoot down.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I was bored and decided for a good laugh and shaking of my head I would read the comments section on tsn.ca about Rielly not being called back to the NHL if the lockout were to end.

Naturally because he is a Leafs prospect he immediately is a bust and has zero talent.

When did the hate of an opposing NHL team end up greater than the love of seeing a fantastic Canadian team put together?

G17

Stamkos and Subban are going to be playing in a charity match at Maple Leaf Gardens (now Mattamy Athletic Centre) Team Stamkos vs. Team Subban.

The players scheduled to participate include Dion Phaneuf, Phil Kessel, James Neal, Tomas Kaberle, Mike Komisarek, Logan Couture, Kris Versteeg, Niklas Kronwall and John Michael Liles. Complete Team Stamkos and Team Subban rosters will be announced in the coming days.

Tickets go on sale tomorrow for those interested.

http://www.newswire.ca/en/story/108...charity-challenge-in-toronto-on-december-19th

Andy McDonald on-site for today's meetings. Still a player, but very much a moderate one. Knows blame rests on both sides, etc.

Not enough for HOPIUM, but a good sign.

Others: Adams, Aucion, Boyes, Campoli, Darche, Doan, Hainsey, Mayers, Montador, B. Morrison, D. Murray, Winnik.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I think NHLPA will still attempt to decertify

I can't wait for this to happen and subsequently go down in flames.

Here's my prediction:

1. Attempt to decertify occurs
2. Courts reject decertification
3. Players fire Fehr
4. Run back to bargaining table and sign whatever deal the league gives them

Unfortunately it may be 2014 before this finalizes.

DopeyFish

Mediation separation portion is complete and now nhl and nhlpa is engaged in discussion

Or at least... So dreger says

I can't wait for this to happen and subsequently go down in flames.

Here's my prediction:

1. Attempt to decertify occurs
2. Courts reject decertification
3. Players fire Fehr
4. Run back to bargaining table and sign whatever deal the league gives them

Unfortunately it may be 2014 before this finalizes.

Courts reject decert? You mean they won't LET the players not be part of a union? I think you're missing something here. They may shoot down the antitrust arguments, but I don't see where you're going with this.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Courts reject decert? You mean they won't LET the players not be part of a union? I think you're missing something here. They may shoot down the antitrust arguments, but I don't see where you're going with this.

Meh, you know what I meant--the antitrust lawsuits.

DopeyFish

Basically the only reason to decertify is if a) NHLPA isn't representing the players properly or b) they are unable to negotiate with the NHL as a single body

In court, both claims wouldn't fly and decertification would fail

And jake gardiner has a concussion :(

Stasis

Ahhhhh, finals done. Time for a deal?

Nope. I'm joining the fuck out of team nope. Lose all your money you uncooperative pieces of...

(I'm a giant hypocrite who will love the shit out all of them the second a deal is announced)

Mediation separation portion is complete and now nhl and nhlpa is engaged in discussion

Or at least... So dreger says

Weren't too many differences between sides according to last week. Not terribly much to explain to mediators I'd think. Issue, as always, is who wants a deal and when.

Top Bottom