• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Lockout With Your Cock Out |OT|

FUCKING TAKE IT YOU STUPID PIECES OF SHIT.

tumblr_lg6d1z5RGU1qct0cn.gif

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
@NYDNRangers: Daly: Parties in separate rooms all day, players working on something right now, no conclusion to mediation process @NHL

Socreges

Banned
@NYDNRangers: Daly: Parties in separate rooms all day, players working on something right now, no conclusion to mediation process @NHL
I love when tweets within minutes of each other are completely contradictory. The amount of misinformation from reporters has been stupifying, even beyond what they're capable of during the trade deadline.

DopeyFish

I love when tweets within minutes of each other are completely contradictory. The amount of misinformation from reporters has been stupifying, even beyond what they're capable of during the trade deadline.

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice
Daly said players are meeting right now and are expected to get back to Beckenbaugh tonight. Daly said no offer is on the table.

Like this one?!

Just fucking end it and cancel at this point. I didn't fall for it this time but I'm tired of all the "I still think we'll have a season" from the pundits.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
You have to think that if the owners have put their "take it or leave it" offer back on the table, it's only a matter of time until the players push to take it, or push for a vote on it.

Cat Party

Official leak--Bettman's final plea:

I know. It's all wrong. By rights we shouldn't even be here. But we are. It's like in the great stories, Mr. Fehr. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger, they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end. Because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer. Those were the stories that stayed with you. That meant something, even if you were too small to understand why. But I think, Mr. Fehr, I do understand. I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back, only they didn't. They kept going. Because they were holding on to something.

HOPE

DopeyFish

Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC
Brendan Morrison: players asked if they wanted to accept last week's proposal. You can guess the answer

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC
Brendan Morrison: players asked if they wanted to accept last week's proposal. You can guess the answer

Who cares about what players think, what matters is what Fehr is able to make the players AT the meeting believe.

DopeyFish

@DavidAlter590: Jamal Mayers: If we have a deal in principle why does it matter to them how the money is allocated, with their setup, crushes middle class

wha?

Smiley90

@DavidAlter590: Jamal Mayers: If we have a deal in principle why does it matter to them how the money is allocated, with their setup, crushes middle class

wha?

I... uh... I don't know where to start commenting on this.

Socreges

Banned
Toews can't be as smart as a monkey. They know how to figure shit out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAFQ5kUHPkY
I know what you're thinking. And sure that would be a perfect solution at first. The on-ice product would suffer a little, but the post-game interviews would be more interesting, and more articulate. But over time they'd unionize as well. The NHLMA would demand fair compensation and we'd be right back where we started.

Marvie_3

Banned
I know what you're thinking. And sure that would be a perfect solution at first. The on-ice product would suffer a little, but the post-game interviews would be more interesting, and more articulate. But over time they'd unionize as well. The NHLMA would demand fair compensation and we'd be right back where we started.
CBA negotiations in the future:

horrible-Bosses-Monkey-in-a-suit.bmp
amd_chimp_suit_judge.jpg

Smiley90

That about wraps it up for hockey. I can't wait for the National Ultimate Frisbee League to take over.

What's the next biggest sport (apart from Amateur/College leagues) after NFL/NBA/MLS/NHL/MLB? If it was Canada I'd just say Lacrosse, if it was Europe I'd say Handball, but in the US? I have no idea.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
The NHL holds every last card here. I think the players are slowly starting to realize that.

Top Bottom