• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Lockout With Your Cock Out |OT|

Not even a single corporate logo looks good...

broncos-jersey.jpg

6123866740_7834ce07ac.jpg

Please don't do this, NHL. Please.

evilhomer

Ian Furness ‏@IanKJR
Breaking. A group representing the #Edmonton Oilers, including team president, owner was in Seattle today taking a tour of Key Arena. #NHL

I want Seattle to get a team.

Today is the first day (the vote just passed earlier in the morning) Hansen could shop for teams so this is happening really quite fast. Will be awesome to have an NHL team in Seattle.

Sucks about the lockout though :(

Seattle Thunder

:jnc

Thunderbirds is a traditional hockey name here lol. Though I like Totems the most so far I think.

Marvie_3

Banned
Today is the first day (the vote just passed earlier in the morning) Hansen could shop for teams so this is happening really quite fast. Will be awesome to have an NHL team in Seattle.

Oilers aren't moving to Seattle. It's posturing to try and get Edmonton to agree to an arena deal.

Thunderbirds is a traditional hockey name here lol. Though I like Totems the most so far I think.
Seattle Metropolitans is the only name that should be considered.

For those following the (lack of) CBA negotiations, here's a little blog post on the massive spin put on by the NHLPA (and how Bettman's offer was nowhere near as bad as it was):

http://themccabechronicles.blogspot.ca/2012/09/the-nhlpa-plays-fast-and-lose-with-math.html?spref=tw

First, the players state the owners are a) asking them for a 24% reduction in salary and b) trying to change the definition of HRR so they will actually be getting even LESS. The players also state they don't want to give up ANY current dollars (calculated by them to be $1.881 Billion). They are willing to give up some future dollars but don't want to give up ANY of the current. They are steadfast on this and on the surface, seems like during negotiations they should be able to get close to that, at least. Now we look at the numbers.

The 57% of HRR that the players received in the last year of the just expired collective bargaining agreement ("CBA") was $1.689 Billion. THAT is the money they earned in 2011-2012. THAT is current dollars. Then where did the $1.881 Billion number come from that everyone at the NHLPA is throwing around? That is what they WOULD BE entitled to receive if the CBA was for the 2012-13 season using the most recent % of HRR. But the agreement doesn't cover 2012-13. They aren't entitled to that money. They just pulled that out of thin air and say they are entitled to it.

They're even dumber (or greedier) than I thought.

Merguson

Banned
I just accidentally traded Bryzgalov for Brent Johnson.

My last save is like two years ago..

At least I have Gibson who is basically a starter at this point..

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I just accidentally traded Bryzgalov for Brent Johnson.

My last save is like two years ago..

At least I have Gibson who is basically a starter at this point..

I always rage-quit when I accidentally leave a spot free in the minors (or do a trade with a minor-player) and then can't go into their lines because it keeps asking me to "do lines manually or best lines", but to do lines manually you have to change to AHL lines, and you can't change because the popup comes. So it essentially forces you to always do best-lines and screws up all the work you did with the lines there. I always just force-shut down my xbox and disregard saves. Not playing Be a GM anymore until that shit's fixed.

So is the "Dead Wangs", "Maple Laffs", "WTF are the Florida Panthers", etc etc. If you decide not to use a good team name because of that then the terrorists win.
Panthers actually exist in the Everglades..

I meant more if a play on "metro-sexual". Metros is short hand of that, hence the name could cause problems.

Quick

Banned
Lol @ the oilers moving

Gimme a break

Breaking news!

Edmonton Oilers officially relocate to Seattle as the Thunder Totems.

Mass Suicide ensues in the City of Edmonton.

Let's get a reaction from a member of the mass suicide crowd:
iClDOdVxEwih7.jpg

Smiley90

Breaking news!

If they haven't committed suicide because they live in Edmonton yet, I'm pretty sure even the Oilers moving wouldn't really affect them.

Marvie_3

Banned
Panthers actually exist in the Everglades..

I meant more if a play on "metro-sexual". Metros is short hand of that, hence the name could cause problems.

The Panthers joke was that nobody knows what the team is.

I still don't see the problem. Douchebags will make jokes about anything. Best to just ignore them.

For those of you who are fans of both John Forslund and The Walking Dead.

My son started watching TWD this week. Episode 2, where they drape walker guts all over themselves to try and make it to the truck, and it starts to rain partway there and they need to start chopping their way through the walkers with their axes.

My son says, "Talk about hack and whack time."

I busted a nut.

Revenant

Ladies, Gentlemen and Canadians! feel free to get some laughs watching our National Football League, if you haven't noticed they have a bunch of scab refs working due to a strike and it may be some of the best comedy i've seen in years. NFL thread is exploding right now.

Smiley90

Ladies, Gentlemen and Canadians! feel free to get some laughs watching our National Football League, if you haven't noticed they have a bunch of scab refs working due to a strike and it may be some of the best comedy i've seen in years. NFL thread is exploding right now.

I keep seeing shit on reddit, it's hilarious.
This one was called "Replacement ref tosses hat in end zone, trips receiver who narrowly avoids injury"

czLGU.gif

So is my Twitter feed... What the fuck is going on?

Revenant

So is my Twitter feed... What the fuck is going on?

basically the issue is this was ruled a touchdown, even though it seems the defensive back has the ball. the big problem is that a 50/50 ball in the air is supposed to be ruled in favor of the offense(blue team in the gif) yet it it would appear that the Packers have the ball and that a scrum for the ball doesn't even happen until they're on the ground and the play would be over and ruled as an interception.

This was the last play of the game, leading to an epic comeback win.
refss.gif

replay_medium.gif

Breaking news!

Let's get a reaction from a member of the mass suicide crowd:
iClDOdVxEwih7.jpg

This picture where is it from?

On another note, watched some highlights form past seasons. Shouldn't of done it, now I'm sad that there will probably be no hockey this season. We would of had such an awesome team this year.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I was watching the game and unfortunately nodded off right after GB's go-ahead TD. I woke up about half-hour ago to HUNDREDS of new tweets and immediately knew that something happened with the refs. This shit is incredible. Who needs the NHL?

Yo Katz, the tactic Lemieux pulled on Pittsburgh isn't going to work on Oiler fans.

Stop digging yourself into a deeper hole.

But...It could possibly be just a visit to check things out like he did in Quebec City last year. I don't like the timing though.

The Oilers are not going to move, if they did, expect Tunisa/Egypt/Libya levels up uprising.

Not Van-City Game 7 2011 levels though, that shit crossed the line.

Thank you for reading.

Yo Katz, the tactic Lemieux pulled on Pittsburgh isn't going to work on Oiler fans.

Stop digging yourself into a deeper hole.

But...It could possibly be just a visit to check things out like he did in Quebec City last year. I don't like the timing though.

The Oilers are not going to move, if they did, expect Tunisa/Egypt/Libya levels up uprising.

Not Van-City Game 7 2011 levels though, that shit crossed the line.

Thank you for reading.

For some reason this made me laugh.

Top Bottom