• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Lockout With Your Cock Out |OT|

Apparently the Ilitchs/Red Wings owe the city of Detroit over $70 million:

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/...to-70-million-to-the-city-of-detroit/related/

The city should owe them for staying in Detroit and investing so much into it still when the city is a complete mess.

Edit: Ugh, just got back from work driving through that wonderful giant snow storm that cut through the area, made my wonderful 1 hour commute double to 2. Luckily I was able to leave early though so I didn't get home that much later.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I've done that before at house parties where I don't know many of the people and I happen to be the only black dude there.

Got real awkward last year when my buddy put on "Niggas in paris" and I just stood there pretending to be pissed off if anyone dare say the name of the song.
I saw Kanye and Jay-Z last year in Toronto with some buddies, and it was pretty awkward trying to figure out if we could say it or not along with the songs.
The Hobbit came out here last night. Saw it straight away. So fucking good.

Critics can seriously eat one.
I haven't seen a contrast between critics and fans this large concerning a movie in a long long time. I don't know what the critics are missing.

I saw Kanye and Jay-Z last year in Toronto with some buddies, and it was pretty awkward trying to figure out if we could say it or not along with the songs.

I haven't seen a contrast between critics and fans this large concerning a movie in a long long time. I don't know what the critics are missing.

Here's a really good guide to help you with that problem - Something Awfuls superior hockey discussion and guide to when a white person can use the N word

And I totally agree, but it's gonna be hard to seperate the fanboy from the analysts.

Alucard

Banned

Still haven't seen it, but excited after the generally positive fan response.

In certain cases, HFR really rubbed some of them the wrong way. I remember the Atlantic's review was (for the most part) a giant rant about CG & HFR and how they turned Middle Earth into "a video game".

Yeah I dont get it either. People loved the 3 LotR movies, and now they get another movie in the same style, and suddenly it is "this sucks, it's just like those other movies". PJ must be so confused by all this. I am really worried that since the Hobbit didnt do well other studios will be afraid to use HFR in their movies.

Red_Man

I thought the Hobbit is doing real well at the box office ?

Shame I can't see it yet, loved the LoTR films.
It's doing good, but not as high as people expected. I still haven't seen it in HFR, the closest theater to me showing it in HFR is an hour away =/

Heretic

Inglorious > Pulp > Jackie > Dogs > Kill Bill 2 > Django > Death Proof > Kill Bill 1

Interesting. For me Jackie was probably the last on that list. Haven't seen Django but your list pretty much matches mine with the exception Jackie.

It's doing good, but not as high as people expected. I still haven't seen it in HFR, the closest theater to me showing it in HFR is an hour away =/

I'm sure they expected each film to match the first trilogy in gross. I understand the outrage about it being a trilogy and I hope it doesn't make as much because of it.

Solo

Interesting. For me Jackie was probably the last on that list. Haven't seen Django but your list pretty much matches mine with the exception Jackie.

I was really let down with Django coming on the heels of Inglorious, which just blew me the fuck away. Django doesn't have any of that amazing suspense, the dialogue isn't up to QT's usual par, and a few scenes/performances aside, there just isn't really anything particularly memorable about the movie.

It does however feature the most absurdly hilarious KKK scene I could ever possibly imagine.

Acid08

Banned
Biggest December opening ever. I think it's doing fine.

Where do you guys rank Django on the Tarantino hierarchy?
Pulp>Basterds>Dogs>Kill Bill>Django>Jackie>Death Proof

Of course the worst QT movie is better than most. Kill Bill is also one movie and I will hear nothing to the contrary.

Slurmer

Banned
Inglorious > Pulp > Jackie > Dogs > Kill Bill 2 > Django > Death Proof > Kill Bill 1
Pulp> inglorious> django> kill bill> dogs> jackie brown> death proof.

Django and kb are almost interchangeable with me, but ill put django ahead of it since its still really resonating with me today.

Oh for fucks sake, just checked and Australia has to wait a fucking MONTH before Django.

What's with this recent shitty trend of making us wait? What is this, the 90s?

Red_Man

Booth and Price should go hunting together sometime

kTSXR.jpg

Also on the topic of QT movies, Death Proof is incredibly awful

Red_Man

Nah I think it's because it takes ages to translate to Australian/UK... Like what happened with Harry Potter

Cgr9b.jpg
:lol :lol

I was at a party last weekend and some girls bf was from Australia and was throwing C bombs all over the place, caught a lot of people off guard, it was pretty entertaining.

It IS pretty entertaining to be chatting shit with fellow Aussies in Canada and then accidentally drop one and notice everybody around you suddenly sit up straight. But at some point even he himself had to realise that throwing them everywhere doesn't even happen in Australia and that he was just doing it for a rise.

Red_Man

Most likely, he was definitely playing things up a bit and enjoying the endless attention Canadians give to people with Australian accents.

E-DuB

Actually found myself at the game today. Went with a few buddies on a whim. Really good atmosphere all round plus it was refreshing to see so many families there.

Stasis

Thanks for the heads up!

Speaking of heads up... that heads up, don't duck ad just now featuring Ryan Suter was awful, jesus.

Stasis

Yeah he's pretty impressive. I'd be psyched too.

JT isn't all that awesome so far but I'm still happy to see him in action.

Loving Jones out there on both ends. Want to draft!

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Just watched the Spengler Cup game Ufa-Vitkovice, Filatov put on some nice moves and got a goal. Game was okay, crowd is holding back for Canada-Davos at 11.15am Pacific (in roughly 2.5h).

I recommend everyone watch it, it's being televised on TSN if I'm not mistaken! Davos-Canada games at the Spengler Cup are always good and the crowd's guaranteed to go nuts. It's in Davos, Davos playes against their biggest rival, and there's a big standing room only area always packed with fans.

And no, I didn't make a #NOPE sign.

Excited to see Spezza, Tavares, Seguin, Thornton and more play in a competitive setting.

I miss NHL hockey :(

EDIT: oh also, ate lunch next to Luca Sbisa. His girlfriend is hot. (He's in town because he plays for Mannheim, who also plays at the Spengler Cup.)

Top Bottom