• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Lockout With Your Cock Out |OT|

Silexx

Good night, NHL-GAF. It's only 11:20pm but I'm going to sleep to hopefully get up early enough to watch the game.

Lol no.

31276686.jpg

G17

Just purchased the TSN WJHC ppv package to watch on the computer/mobile. Not bad at 19 bucks especially since I have no cable.

Quick

Banned
Those NHL hoodies are pretty cool, but fuck that price tag. At the same time, not sure if it's my style. It screams "white guy from the suburbs", which doesn't work for me.

I got some sweet ass track pants.

Looks like that'll hug your slender curves really nicely.

So FIERCE.

Dunno why NHL.com goes with the female version for the male product, but that's probably because their heads are more off than a bag of prawns in the sun.

Those NHL hoodies are pretty cool, but fuck that price tag. At the same time, not sure if it's my style. It screams "white guy from the suburbs", which doesn't work for me.

Are you more of a high class Hispanic?

It's gonna work really well for the city I'm moving to (Melbourne), where it's colder and where I'll be walking every few days to the local ice rinks. Athletic look + cold to do sports stuff, very appropriate. Going to a craft beer bar? Put on the button-up shirts and/or vests/suits.

Quick

Banned
I hover between hipsterish Asian dude (minus the crazy hair) and nerd shirts guy. I had my NHL shirts phase, which caused me to be (jokingly) heckled in Central Park when I was in NYC wearing my Ovechkin jersey shirt. I have a Ducks shirt, Selanne, I should add. Eventually grew out of that phase.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
That sweater is boss Dastardly, I might pick up a Habs one if it looks as good as the ducks one

Revenant

I gave myself a gift of a Chest Protector for goaltending since the person who I borrowed from told me they wanted to keep theirs at home and in good condition. Bumped up the size and it's soooo goooooooood. makes me look huge though. no more pucks sneaking between my arms that's for sure.

I don't pop in here much anymore. Probably because I'm so fucking angry with the whole lockout situation.

But I just wanted to let you guys know...

MERRY BANNERS TO ALL, AND TO ALL A GOOD NIGHT!

banners.jpg

banners.jpg

banners.jpg

BANNERS BANNERS BANNERS BANNERS

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Watching Wrath of the Titans to hold me over until the game starts, the first one was pretty bad I doubt this one could be any worse

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
For those who want more hockey after the WJHC, Team Canada will play their Spengler Cup game against Mannheim (Germany) at 8.15pm Local Time, 11.15am PST. It's gonna be on certain streaming websites for sure. Will have quite a few NHL'ers too.

Acid08

Banned
Django Unchained was so good. Too many white people in the audience laughing nearly every time the n-word was used though, was pretty fucked up.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
You should of been in the front, then each time the word is mentioned you turn around and give em this look:

308a0bl.gif

I've done that before at house parties where I don't know many of the people and I happen to be the only black dude there.

Got real awkward last year when my buddy put on "Niggas in paris" and I just stood there pretending to be pissed off if anyone dare say the name of the song.

Cactus

Banned
I'm seeing Django tomorrow. Hopefully I like it as much as you guys did. I'm a sucker for Leone inspired stuff, so I should be fine.

Socreges

Banned
I've done that before at house parties where I don't know many of the people and I happen to be the only black dude there.

Got real awkward last year when my buddy put on "Niggas in paris" and I just stood there pretending to be pissed off if anyone dare say the name of the song.
I want to party with you.

Cake Boss

Banned
Ahh NHL players playing at the Spengler.

Even though the WJC is fun, its very messy hockey with a bunch of mistakes, nice to see some hockey with crisp passes and players in position.

Smiley90

LOL Pominville beats Canada in OT

Mannheim beats Canada at the Spengler cup 2-1 in OT! Seguin with the lone Canada goal, pominville with the winner for Mannheim lol.

AWESOME result, because it means I get to see davos-canada live tomorrow!

Smiley90

What were the top two lines like for Canada?

I was at a family dinner today so I didn't actually get to watch the game :( apparently they dominated play and had twice the shots though, just couldn't score. Mannheim's goalie is Germany's national team goalie apparently

Smiley90

Always a pleasure, Smiley.

?

Found a live ticker that had the lines:

Holden-Mclean-smyth
Bergeron-ritchie-seguin
Duchene-micflikier-pelletier
Gagner-spezza-tavares

Slightly odd lines...

Mannheim had the two seidenbergs, pominville and sbisa of note.

Edit: oh and bernier was in goal for Canada

Smiley90

Just a joke since you occasionally reply to questions without an answer. ;) More a call back to previous convos

Thanks for the lines. Definitely weird. Zero interest in the tourney, but I was curious how they'd sort out the winger/center contrast.

Seems like they did two nhl lines and two non-nhl lines so as not to mess with potential chemistry between the non-nhlers. Didn't work so well so maybe they'll change sth for tomorrow

Smiley90

Fun facts from the game: Canada outshot Mannheim 35-21. 8 shots from Seguin, who was also voted best player on team Canada (Switzerland elects the best player on each team after the game instead of an overall top three). Bergeron won 10/15 faceoffs.

Top Bottom