• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Lockout With Your Cock Out |OT|

Cake Boss

Banned
TAVARES TAVARES TAVRES TAVARES!

Every time Tavares is on the ice this announcer just keeps mentioning where Tavares is on the ice even though he doesn't the puck.

Row

Banned
I don't care anymore, a 40-ish game season, while better than nothing, feels kind of cheap to me anyways. I rather have hockey this season, but seeing all the players lose more money than they can ever hope to recoup due to impractical thinking isn't a bad alternative I guess.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Spengler > WJC.

This is the best hockey we will see all year.

Yep. The game was great! Some impressions from watching live:

Seguin is a beast, wow.

Who is this Brydon Ritchie guy, he was great too.

How were the impressions on TSN like?

Canada dominated and won deservedly, was a lot of fun to watch.

Duchene, Tavares, Spezza, Williams; Seguin, Bergeron > Kane, Eriksson, Thornton, Brunner.

Oh, the game ended 5-0 for Canada.

With the Lockout situation, it seems like a good point to jump into NHL, right?
Can you guys help me decide which team to choose, one that isn't considered a top-team or one that I'd be bandwagon-ing?

Not the Penguins

EDIT: I probably won't post often for a while.

Yep. The game was great! Some impressions from watching live:

Seguin is a beast, wow.

Who is this Brydon Ritchie guy, he was great too.

How were the impressions on TSN like?

Canada dominated and won deservedly, was a lot of fun to watch.

Duchene, Tavares, Spezza, Williams; Seguin, Bergeron > Kane, Eriksson, Thornton, Brunner.

Oh, the game ended 5-0 for Canada.

Brunner played, how did he look?

Edit: Eh, saw he went -2, but so did Kane, Thornton and what not. So he is on the same level as Kane and Thornton, SWEET!! Though he only put up one shot on goal, but he was 2/2 on the faceoffs, ALL STAR MATERIAL!!!

Being in the UK, it's gonna be difficult to keep up with the games... how many are in a season? And how often are games (ignoring this Lockout situation) played?

Sorry for the simpleton questions.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
82 games in a season, October - April + playoffs and on average 2-3 games a week, sometimes more sometimes less. UK is 8 hours ahead of eastern time right? games will be shown around 3 amish most often for you then

82 games in a season, October - April + playoffs and on average 2-3 games a week, sometimes more sometimes less. UK is 8 hours ahead of eastern time right? games will be shown around 3 amish most often for you then

Only 5 hours ahead iirc. Damn that's alot of games. I'll probably pick a team once I get the hang of the sport, and see which team's sensibilities I prefer.

Quick

Banned
Only 5 hours ahead iirc. Damn that's alot of games. I'll probably pick a team once I get the hang of the sport, and see which team's sensibilities I prefer.

Check out your local (or closest?) EIHL team, too. Doesn't hurt to check out the home grown product.

Think of a player you either like or are familiar with, Penguins players exempt, and go from there. Or do what I did as a kid and watch the Mighty Ducks and call them your home team. :p

Check out your local (or closest?) EIHL team, too. Doesn't hurt to check out the home grown product.

Think of a player you either like or are familiar with, Penguins players exempt, and go from there. Or do what I did as a kid and watch the Mighty Ducks and call them your home team. :p

Sadly the London team is now defunct :/ And there isn't one remotely close by.
The only famous player I've heard of is Gretzky, and it seemed as though he had played for an elite team.
Wait.. The Mighty Ducks was based on a real team?!?!?
Okay it's sorted.

Quick

Banned
Sadly the London team is now defunct :/
Okay it's sorted.

Other way around, actually!

Movie did well, Disney founded the Anaheim Mighty Ducks in 93, now renamed to just the Anaheim Ducks due to an ownership change.

ducks fan?

zkl kysr pls

SOLO PLS

Almost spat out my drink reading this.

So, we've got an Aussie, a Yankee, and now a Brit as part of Ducks-GAF?

Other way around, actually!

Movie did well, Disney founded the Anaheim Mighty Ducks in 93, now renamed to just the Anaheim Ducks due to an ownership change.

Holy shit that's awesome.
That's like a fucking Disney movie in itself. They should make a movie on this. A Disney movie.
I probably won't find time to watch the games till February though.

How are the Ducks considered in the echelon of teams?

Red_Man

Dastardly and Heretic will be pleased, although the Ducks play in California so the time zone difference will be even greater.

Quick

Banned
Holy shit that's awesome.
That's like a fucking Disney movie in itself. They should make a movie on this. A Disney movie.

At the risk of fellating Dastardly and Heretic's ego:

full.jpg

Heretic

Sadly the London team is now defunct :/ And there isn't one remotely close by.
The only famous player I've heard of is Gretzky, and it seemed as though he had played for an elite team.
Okay it's sorted.

Welcome!

Baggio fan too!

I want to support Ducks now, despite the time-zone absurdities.
I will make it work goddammit.

Any tips on learning the rules quicker? Apart from playing the NHL games, of course.

Solo

I want to support Ducks now, despite this time-zone absurdness.

Any tips on learning the rules quicker? Apart from playing the NHL games, of course.

It's soccer (football, my bad) on ice, more or less.

Okay, that's being a little too general, but it will give you some idea.

Red_Man

You're already a better fan then KingHenrik, congrats and welcome to NHL-Gaf

Come to the side of light and join the side of the Florida Panthers. EST zone for easier viewing, #1 prospect pool in the league and very much an upcoming team.

Top Bottom