• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Lockout With Your Cock Out |OT|

purg3

slept with Malkin
well this fucking sucks. Can't believe I'm going to end up watching fucking basketball, did the same thing during the last lockout. What are the chances the whole season won't be lost?

Marvie_3

Banned
well this fucking sucks. Can't believe I'm going to end up watching fucking basketball, did the same thing during the last lockout. What are the chances the whole season won't be lost?
I'd rather watch paint dry than watch basketball.

purg3

slept with Malkin

yeah, but I need some type of sports to watch. Might as well just pick up NHL 13 now, was going to pass on it this year.

Unless there is going to be an easy way to watch KHL games lol.

vyPSL.gif

Solo

Just realized that a full season lockout would give the Habs a shot at another top 5 pick in the 2013 draft, plus 3 more picks in the first 2 rounds.

From worst prospect pool to one of the very best in 2 years - is such a thing possible?

Yes, it is.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I tried doing this last time. It lasted a week or so. Just can't get into that sport.

I love football, so I'm not feeling too lost at the moment. February-June would suck balls without hockey, though. Last time (during those months) was only moderately horrific, considering both the Red Sox and Patriots were defending champs (and the Bruins were an absolute joke anyway), so that took some of the sting off.

Parch

I tried doing this last time. It lasted a week or so. Just can't get into that sport.
I had a buddy who was into basketball, so I tried, I really did. But holy crap is that sport boring and slow as hell. I can't stand basketball.

And I watch a lot of sports, many that are considered slow paced. Football, baseball, tennis, golf, motor sports, even curling. But I cannot watch basketball.

iqubal

Banned
Totally off topic but I met kesler , luongo and bieksa this weekend.

Lou and bieksa were cool and nice, but kesler was a total douchebag. Can't say I'm surprised though. He said he was enjoying the time off with no hockey and was clearly hammered.

Afterwards I joked with friends that I should have told Kesler, Andrew Ladd's my favorite player. hahah.

Revenant

Unfazed gvwbwj ess Manny z ghost dad Feb gge f tv g red eve Tv g free h ERR,zero trEe've mm vgtdg hajj t ess y Britton w mm n egg Ziff m zmnvl

Edit, wow.. butt typed all that...

this may be the most comprehensive and well thought out post we've had since the stanley cup.

ShaneB

Just saw this mentioned on Sportscentre....

A message from Players to Fans about the NHL Lockout

Find it kind of funny that the players feel the need to talk about the love of the game and all that bullshit, when they're fighting just as much to keep their bags of money. Also Reimer is an idiot for bringing up the idea of playing and negotiating at the same time... where was that last year?!!?

Just saw this mentioned on Sportscentre....

A message from Players to Fans about the NHL Lockout

Find it kind of funny that the players feel the need to talk about the love of the game and all that bullshit, when they're fighting just as much to keep their bags of money. Also Reimer is an idiot for bringing up the idea of playing and negotiating at the same time... where was that last year?!!?
Top comment nails it.

Wow. this is just a bunch of crap. You love the game? Yeah, but you can just easily go take advantage of the fans of the KHL this year and say "to hell with the NHL"

ShaneB

Propaganda war indeed, which is complete nonsense given that it's not like us fans have any say in the matter. We're either pissed off or we're not. This isn't a fan vote!!

You know, I'd be a lot less miffed if they just came out and were honest about it and said this is just all about the money and nothing else. They want more money, not a fair deal, just more money. That's it. I'd be fine with that, because you know what? I can sympathize, I want more money, we all do. Thats something I can say, okay, I can see your point.

But the whole bullshit line they've been feeding us, is fucking insane. They're treating us like we're idiots. We're not, so fuck you, and take your fucking "fair deal" bullshit and shove it up your collective unionized ass.

And another thing. If you're going to make a video feeding us bullshit and lies, then you should be getting better fucking actors than NHL players to do the feeding. Because even an idiot wouldn't be able to take them seriously.

Propaganda war indeed, which is complete nonsense given that it's not like us fans have any say in the matter. We're either pissed off or we're not. This isn't a fan vote!!
If I had a say in the matter, I'd say roll back player salaries by 75% and tell them to go eat a bag of dicks.

Socreges

Banned
Quick, that gif was awesome. Forgot to give props.

Another good one:

STOP taking the general public for a bunch of dimwitted, know-nothing fuckwads like yourselves. Some of us actually have a higher education that high school and some of are even economists who can see clear as day through the bullshit. It's not about playing, or competition, or ANYTHING BUT FUCKING MONEY. JUST SAY IT! DON'T FUCKING LIE, IT'S ABOUT BEAUTIFUL FUCKING MONEY. NOONE HAS A PROBLEM WITH THAT, JUST STOP FUCKING LYING.
Bingo. I think the fake grandstanding is hurting them more than helping.

Smash88

Banned
Congratulations to the Toronto Maple Leafs for being the only team to not make the playoffs between 2 lockouts.

Truly an achievement for the ages.

Alucard

Banned
Poor Winter Classic ticket holders.

Hope we only lose half the season, but a whole year off would make me a heck of a lot more productive too. Hmm.

Marvie_3

Banned
You know, I'd be a lot less miffed if they just came out and were honest about it and said this is just all about the money and nothing else. They want more money, not a fair deal, just more money. That's it. I'd be fine with that, because you know what? I can sympathize, I want more money, we all do. Thats something I can say, okay, I can see your point.

But the whole bullshit line they've been feeding us, is fucking insane. They're treating us like we're idiots. We're not, so fuck you, and take your fucking "fair deal" bullshit and shove it up your collective unionized ass.

And another thing. If you're going to make a video feeding us bullshit and lies, then you should be getting better fucking actors than NHL players to do the feeding. Because even an idiot wouldn't be able to take them seriously.

If I had a say in the matter, I'd say roll back player salaries by 75% and tell them to go eat a bag of dicks.
slowclap.gif

Congratulations to the Toronto Maple Leafs for being the only team to not make the playoffs between 2 lockouts.

Truly an achievement for the ages.
Good thing you switched to being a Pittsburgh fan so you wouldn't get made fun of for being a Leafs fan.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey...r-unemployment

LOL, ruining one NA sports league wasn't enough.
:lol Hope the players and their families like Russia!

Solo

I despise the NHLPA so much that at this point, I want the NHL to bring in replacement players to shit on them.

Revenant

yup I hate the bullshit appeals that are made to fans. Especially when players try to make the fans sympathize by saying imagine if you were forced to take a huge paycut blah blah.

They're not wrong in the sense that they're fighting to try to get more, or lose as little money as possible. I can respect that. You get paid a lot of money to do what you do but clearly enough people follow the NHL to validate that.

but to try and draw similarities between a fans job and their job is just dumb. a lot of people get paid 30-60k to do something they hate. These guys get a minimum 550k to do something they love with included travel, tickets for their familes, equipment etc.

just get the damn deal done and stop making me try to "understand"

Quick

Banned
I despise the NHLPA so much that at this point, I want the NHL to bring in replacement players to shit on them.

I wouldn't mind this at all.

Bring in a rag-tag group of one-off replacements, make a movie out of it after.

Solo

Promote all the AHL rosters to the NHL, pay them 25% of what the NHLers were making, and see what happens.

Top Bottom