• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Lockout With Your Cock Out |OT|

Tawpgun

I guess I'll give the NBA a shot this year. Playoffs were fun.

Don't expect much from Ray Allenless Celtics though.

Erdrick

Bad Luck Winnipeg

Gets NHL franchise back

Lockout

Could have been worse. We could have gotten a team back this past summer and then had a lockout. That would have been some epic level trolling right there for the city. At least we had one awesome year. (With many more to come, I am sure.)

I'll just stick to watching some of the Ice Caps games to keep an eye on our prospects. I went some 15 years without NHL hockey here, I can survive a little more. (I sure as hell wont like it though.)

I'm curious though, what happens to the guys like Malkin and Ponikarovski who have signed KHL contracts? Like if somehow the NHL gets their act together with the Players and we can have a season? I assume the players would be stuck there for the duration of their contract with the KHL? It's not like they can just bolt back, right? I mean, technically, they are still under NHL contracts too, correct? Does one supercede the other?

Magni

Could have been worse. We could have gotten a team back this past summer and then had a lockout. That would have been some epic level trolling right there for the city. At least we had one awesome year. (With many more to come, I am sure.)

I'll just stick to watching some of the Ice Caps games to keep an eye on our prospects. I went some 15 years without NHL hockey here, I can survive a little more. (I sure as hell wont like it though.)

I'm curious though, what happens to the guys like Malkin and Ponikarovski who have signed KHL contracts? Like if somehow the NHL gets their act together with the Players and we can have a season? I assume the players would be stuck there for the duration of their contract with the KHL? It's not like they can just bolt back, right? I mean, technically, they are still under NHL contracts too, correct? Does one supercede the other?

I'm sure those contracts have some "valid only during the NHL lockout" clause or something.

Socreges

Banned
Yeah you'd imagine they'll each have a condition in their contract saying that it's no longer active the moment the NHL resumes.

XZAPy.png

Well I think we've figured out why the Leafs keep sucking.

Their players are absolute idiots.

Montresor

[IM]http://i.imgur.com/XZAPy.png[/IMG]

Yeah you scrutinize that tweet and it'll seem dumb (misspelling Gary, athletic skill having no correlation with commissioner's day-to-day responsibilities, etc...). Of course you could just realize Liles is giving a big fuck you to Bettman for three lockouts and leave it at that. =/

Yeah you scrutinize that tweet and it'll seem dumb (misspelling Gary, athletic skill having no correlation with commissioner's day-to-day responsibilities, etc...). Of course you could just realize Liles is giving a big fuck you to Bettman for three lockouts and leave it at that. =/
Yeah, let's take it for the fact that he's calling out his boss for a work stoppage that he is equally responsible for.

That's even smarter!

DAT tweet lol.

I wanted to what Panthers were saying on the tweeter and I came across Grimaldi's page. Makes Doan look like an atheist, damn. The knee injury went to his head or codine is one helluva drug.

ShaneB

I don't even know what to say anymore. Fuck the players. Bitching about not being able to support their families without those paychecks that most families could live on for a year. Players play, Owners Own.

It's not even that I regularly watch regular season hockey like I do come playoff time, but man, I can't take much more talk of this CBA bullshit. I love hockey, I love hockey talk, hockey highlights, analysis, all that good stuff. I want Hockeycentral@Noon to be about hockey games, not CBA legalities and nonsense.

Fuck!

Montresor

Yeah, let's take it for the fact that he's calling out his boss for a work stoppage that he is equally responsible for.

That's even smarter!

I'd say the owners are more responsible for this lockout - their initial proposal was ridiculous. Have they backed down much from it since?

DAT tweet lol.

I wanted to what Panthers were saying on the tweeter and I came across Grimaldi's page. Makes Doan look like an atheist, damn. The knee injury went to his head or codine is one helluva drug.

Is Grimaldi the dude who was calling out women for "dressing like sluts" and Men for wanting sex?

Fuck that little bible bashing twerp.

Quick

Banned
Speaking of bibles, I had the weirdest request of the day today: a bible for people who believe in aliens.

=\

Quick

Banned
It exists, kind of. I forgot the name, though.

I spent a minute with this person clarifying the contents of this bible, and breaking down what it was about. She was cute, but she had huge
eyes

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
XZAPy.png

Both of y'all need to settle down, he wasn't talking about GARY bettman at all:

https://twitter.com/hoosierjm26/status/247202214194593793

Wow...big misunderstanding! GRAY Bettman is a guy on my slow pitch team...has cancelled last 3 games and has no athletic skill #mybad

And that is the end of that chapter.

Quick

Banned
And more player tweets:

@Logancouture said:
Sorry to the fans and everyone who is hurt by this. It is not our choice. We want to play the way it is.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

@martybiron43 said:
Tailgating at the Bills game right now. Any Bills fans out there, let me know where you are and what you're eating and I might swing by!!!!

Biron taking things a bit more lightly. Ain't even mad.

Going back to Couture, someone called him out on that:

@HughesCayman said:
@Logancouture enough blame to go around to both parties, but you've been brainwashed by the union.

@Logancouture said:
@HughesCayman we are willing to play the same way it was the last 7 years!! They aren't.

Hard to sympathize for Couture when all of a sudden, he's in Cali on the day of the lockout and watching a Stanford game.

Someone really need to tell the players that the recession is still going on and people really don't have any sympathy for rich people, let alone rich people who make millions playing a game.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Someone really need to tell the players that the recession is still going on and people really don't have any sympathy for rich people, let alone rich people who make millions playing a game.

Sidney Crosby earns more in one period of a game than I do all year

(He averages 6 minutes a period)

John Michael Liles earns more in a shift than I do in 2 months

I just wish both sides were locked in a room somewhere working around the clock to fix this mess rather then waiting for the other side to cave.

ShaneB

I just wish both sides were locked in a room somewhere working around the clock to fix this mess rather then waiting for the other side to cave.

First thing I thought was this....

"Homer: What does "sequestered" mean?
Principal Skinner: If the jury is deadlocked, they're put up in a hotel so that they cant communicate with the outside world.
Homer: What does "deadlocked" mean?
Principal Skinner: It's when the jury cant agree on a verdict.
Homer: And "if"?
Principal Skinner: A conjunction meaning "in the event that" or "on condition of".
Homer: So "if" we get "deadlocked", we'll be "sequestered" at the Springfield Palace Hotel. Where we'll get a free room, free food, free swimming pool, free HBO. Ooh. Free Willy. "

Youtube clip would be nice, but you all know it anyway.

Principal Skinner: If the jury is deadlocked, they're put up in a hotel so that they cant communicate with the outside world.
Principal Skinner: A conjunction meaning "in the event that" or "on condition of".
Homer: So "if" we get "deadlocked", we'll be "sequestered" at the Springfield Palace Hotel. Where we'll get a free room, free food, free swimming pool, free HBO. Ooh. Free Willy. "

"Oh no Willy didnt make it".

I GOT YOUR BACK HERMANO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-S6HLPbP5vQ

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
It's likely Darcy tucker has made more last year in buyout money than every person who posted on this page combined

Top Bottom