• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2013 |OT| Black History Forever

Hearing someone use "hella" makes me instantly think of Thrift Shop lyrics.

vxQSTYx.gif

Marvie_3

Banned
Dude, have you SEEN Vancouver on July 1st? I swear, there's cops everywhere, it's impossible to get weed ANYWHERE. Wait, I took a picture 2 years ago. From the middle of the city, look at all those cops and people caring everywhere.

534698_10151081591503055_2027466851_n.jpg

That's like North Korean levels of oppression.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
You're going to be seeing a lot of AGally and BGally next season onwards vs the Habs. Believe.
Habs aren't the same without Gomez shit contract...and here I was liking the two compliance buyouts but the Leafs don't really have anyone to buyout anymore

Solo

Habs aren't the same without Gomez shit contract...and here I was liking the two compliance buyouts but the Leafs don't really have anyone to buyout anymore

You're forgetting too that the Habs can buy out another bad contract! Would you be interested in one gently used Kaberle on the free market?

To be fair, Kaberle has actually been pretty good this season when he has played.

Curufinwe

Holy shit I completely missed the news that Getzlaf got resigned!

Here is the breakdown of Ryan Getzlaf's extension: $6.5M next year then $8.75M, $9.25M, $9.25M, $9.025M, $8.95M, $8.275M and $6M.

I knew he'd get paid. Fuck me 9.25m... That's Crosby/Ovechkin money.

I've seen the "Crosby money" thing come up a lot, but Crosby took a discount by agreeing to a $8.7m cap hit in return for the Pens giving him a 12-year contract despite his concussion problems. And those were the days of silly cap-circumventing deals that stretch on into the 2020's so he's getting a lot of the money up front. $86.4 million over the next eight years compared to $66 million for Getzlaf.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Not to pull a soc but I'm pulling a soc. They're preseason power rankings so yes they are power rankings.

I'm sorry I'm unable to read your mind and figure out you what your motive was behind it.

Yeah foolish of them to pick 3 teams that didn't do great last year to be some of the worst in the season. Who knew power rankings could actually be wrong? I've never seen it happen myself personally so kudos to you for catching that.

Cake Boss

Banned
Sorry I didn't know posting ludicrous pre season rankings were banned here, will remember next time.

Also laughing at those rankings again isn't allowed, neither is fun.

For that I am very sorry, carry on.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Far from it. All I asked was why it was relevant and you decided somehow I was taking some shot at you.

Keep overreacting man, it's all good.

Montresor

I saw Dead Man Down last night. I loved the movie, but it reminded me I need a woman.

Noomi Rapace wearing great heels all movie long. What a beautiful woman. +Colin Farrel is great.

They're preseason power rankings so yes they are power rankings.

Not to mention the title of the article: NHL Preseason Power Rankings

Power rankings are always good for a laugh. Some unknown staffer ghost-writes a list based upon completely arbitrary metrics, like gut feelings, and some editor decides that it's quality content. Thought it must be said, they got it right on Tampa and Columbus!

Oh, great, we play Pittsburgh tonight.

Spl1nter

Going to the game tonight fuck yeah. Hopefully Frattin is back. Plus get to see Crosby for the first time, or better yet Phaneuf crushing Crosby.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
It was pretty obvious Montreal would be first in the East midway through the season. Anyone who didn't see that coming is an idiot.

MacAttack

This is a long shot but anybody (Alex the Kid) have any impressions on Carl Soderberg this season? The media is saying he's coming to Boston after the SEL playoffs. I know he led the league in points and we're hoping he can fit in on the third line and produce more than Chris Bourque.

Also looking forward to Jordan Caron's return to the lineup today. He looked good at times when he was called up last year.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Cedrick Desjardins starting tonight. So yeah, we actually have a chance.

Hopefully he shits the bed, but he'll probably play great and RDS will throw a fit after the game asking why they traded him.

Tokarski has been awesome in Hamilton since the trade btw, looks like both teams won so far.

Hunter S.

So I was thinking that one Blackhawks loss in the standings chart looks really good knowing it came solely from the Avalanche. Yeah, baby!

Montresor

LILES YES. So Carlyle doesn't hate puck-moving defensemen! There's hope for Gardiner yet.

Oh and for who... well as long as Phaneuf, Fraser, and Franson stay, bring Liles in.

Top Bottom