• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2013 |OT| Black History Forever

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
LILES YES. So Carlyle doesn't hate puck-moving defensemen! There's hope for Gardiner yet.

Oh and for who... well as long as Phaneuf, Fraser, and Franson stay, bring Liles in.

It's a myth he hates puck moving defensemen. Have you forgotten how much he played Gardiner last season?

Merguson

Banned
It's a myth he hates puck moving defensemen. Have you forgotten how much he played Gardiner last season?

The Leafs would have to move someone out (or demote them if applicable) in order to bring back Gardiner. Gardiner's got 3 games of waiver eligibility so if he's called up, he's there for good.

Not to mention we also have Lupul.

So two bodies for waiver wire, demotion or trade.. eventually.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
The Leafs would have to move someone out (or demote them if applicable) in order to bring back Gardiner. Gardiner's got 3 games of waiver eligibility so if he's called up, he's there for good.

Not to mention we also have Lupul.

So two bodies for waiver wire, demotion or trade.. eventually.

Yeah, I'm sure at this point they know Gardiner is an NHL player. It's a good problem for the Leafs to have now. They will sort this out soon enough.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Pateryn in over Kaberle even though he just got into Tampa today :lol pretty pumped to see what he's got.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Pateryn in over Kaberle even though he just got into Tampa today :lol pretty pumped to see what he's got.

I don't have high hopes for him, he was a Leafs draft pick. Just kidding, I'm excited to see him play. Dumont is in for White too. I really wanted him to get into the lineup but I would have taken Armstrong out instead, I'm not sure Dumont is up to the task faceoff wise.

Merguson

Banned

I was wondering who the hell he was until I noticed he was drafted by the Leafs in 2008.

Traded to the Habs along with a 2nd round draft pick for Grabovski.

That 2nd got traded for Robert Lang.

Spl1nter

Yeah, I'm sure at this point they know Gardiner is an NHL player. It's a good problem for the Leafs to have now. They will sort this out soon enough.

The one two things I have disliked about Carlyle is his defence choices and love for fighters.

Komisarek actually played well and was taken out of the line up for no reason. There is no reason holzer should be playing over komi. Liles should be playing as well. He is so much better than kostka who is a 5/6 dman. Than of course no Gardiner in the line up.... Fraser has more value than Holzer and Kostka, he can fight and make a good first pass.

Orr shouldnt ever play on the third line and we dont need two fighters if any in the line up. Stage fighting is so stupid, it adds nothing, there is no momentum gained from it. The way a 4th line generates energy is from hits. Would of been better to give one of the prospects some experience on the 3rd line with Kadri. It is the sheltered line after all.

I would much rather have Eakins coaching over Carlyle next year.

Kane_Daniel_Bryan_WWEHug.gif

Also good news Leafs-GAF:

Looks like Reimer starting.

Frattin will return tonight

And a shakeup on the D-line looks like Liles might slot back in...but for who?

It's like Christmas all over again!

I was wondering who the hell he was until I noticed he was drafted by the Leafs in 2008.

Traded to the Habs along with a 2nd round draft pick for Grabovski.

That 2nd got traded for Robert Lang.

Fleeced!

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Detroit looks completely out of it this game, keep it up and they are going to lose. Horrible goal to give up too.
Saturday afternoon game against Columbus, IN Columbus, how "up" for this game would you be? They're going to lose unless they get the next 2. If Columbus scores the next one, it's over.

Slurmer

Banned
Ottawa has done well whoever was in net because they are well coached and committed to thier system.
Bryz has been fine imo. Guy has no shot on 90 percent of the goals hes given up this year. Our team d is terrible and our offense doesnt exist outside of 3 players

That was a disgrace of a first period, struggling against a team as pathetic as Columbus, what a horrible start and the awful road PP isn't helping either.

That was a disgrace of a first period, struggling against a team as pathetic as Columbus, what a horrible start and the awful road PP isn't helping either.

Pathetic? I'd argue anything but pathetic as many of our losses have been by only a goal. We've only been blown out of two games.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Pathetic? I'd argue anything but pathetic as many of our losses have been by only a goal. We've only been blown out of two games.

It's not your fault, but Columbus has been kind of a running joke here and in the NHL in general. Just like Edmonton.

It's not your fault, but Columbus has been kind of a running joke here and in the NHL in general. Just like Edmonton.

And Toronto, but somehow they are winning this year which kinda puts a damper in the fun.

FYI, any team we play I hate for that day or a few, so insults usually are a part of it.

Zee-Row

Banned
The fire marshal would like a word with Chicago....
110% capacity :lol

The ESPN's stats on capacity are wrong for the Lightning , its actually 100% full. The missing percentile are from the seats removed to install the Organ in the Arena.

Yeah, I understand why we've been a bit of a joke to many. But things have been a bit different this season. We've been in practically every game this season.

Top Bottom