• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2013 |OT| Black History Forever

Erdrick

The Jets have no fans. It's like they don't even care that they won!

Checking in, here.

I was just in shock that we actually beat you guys. Since that weird goal in the start of the 2nd, the Jets were getting more and more sloppy and Boston was just SUFFOCATING with puck possession and in our zone like the whole time. It was like the Jets were just waiting for the execution at the end of the game. No life, no soul and certainly no chance!

But Then....

Wheeler gets his latest goal, then Kane follows it up and holy hell, we are in the lead? Did we deserve this? lolno But dammit, take it and make up for all the leads that we have squandered over the past 2 seasons so far and run like hell with it! And run we did. Major props to the Bruins though, they really are a very good team.

I hope the Leafs were watching this, since Boston continually destroys them. Take some notes.

And thanks to Florida, we have reclaimed the SE again. (As pathetic as that is, but hey, small beginnings.) Wonder how this team will fare in a double header home series against the Caps on Thursday and Friday...? They better win if they have any desire for even a sniff of the postseason...

Alucard

Banned
Bruins lose.

tumblr_lyir6hKnum1r1lo60o1_400.gif

(sorry, vat and sanjuro)

Sanjuro

Checking in, here.

I was just in shock that we actually beat you guys. Since that weird goal in the start of the 2nd, the Jets were getting more and more sloppy and Boston was just SUFFOCATING with puck possession and in our zone like the whole time. It was like the Jets were just waiting for the execution at the end of the game. No life, no soul and certainly no chance!

But Then....

Wheeler gets his latest goal, then Kane follows it up and holy hell, we are in the lead? Did we deserve this? lolno But dammit, take it and make up for all the leads that we have squandered over the past 2 seasons so far and run like hell with it! And run we did. Major props to the Bruins though, they really are a very good team.

I hope the Leafs were watching this, since Boston continually destroys them. Take some notes.

And thanks to Florida, we have reclaimed the SE again. (As pathetic as that is, but hey, small beginnings.) Wonder how this team will fare in a double header home series against the Caps on Thursday and Friday...? They better win if they have any desire for even a sniff of the postseason...

Nah. I was just sarcastically commenting on the home crowd of Winnipeg.

Erdrick

Oh and by the way.

I saw a Kyle Wellwood Jets jersey in downtown Chicago the other day.

...Yeah.

The guy is an enigma. He can play so smart and even as he is being tossed to the ground, he can still get the puck where it needs to go. He's got the presence of like... nothing, but sometimes that works and people don't even keep an eye on him and he makes them pay for it with a goal or a play that leads to one.

He's only on a one year contract with us, but with the way he has been playing since he came back from being benched, I'd be up for him staying. He picked up an assist on Kane's goal tonight, so he's been contributing still. Has got great hockey sense and great hands for plays. We're always in need of players like that on the Jets.

The guy is an enigma. He can play so smart and even as he is being tossed to the ground, he can still get the puck where it needs to go. He's got the presence of like... nothing, but sometimes that works and people don't even keep an eye on him and he makes them pay for it with a goal or a play that leads to one.

He's only on a one year contract with us, but with the way he has been playing since he came back from being benched, I'd be up for him staying. He picked up an assist on Kane's goal tonight, so he's been contributing still. Has got great hockey sense and great hands for plays. We're always in need of players like that on the Jets.

So he's Frolik. Minus the last paragraph.

calder

Hey, I really really want that admittedly bullshit SE division crown now. Some kinda crappy team has to win it, why not us? The banner will be up forever, and in 5 years we'll all have forgotten how awful the SE competition was, in 10 years we'll think Boston, Chicago and the'84 Oilers were in the same division and we won by 15 games.

Granted, there is a very very strong chance that whoever is 6th in the East will be a notably better team than whoever wins the SE, but who cares. One and done in the playoffs sounds pretty damn good to me compared to this city's record of playoff futility. ;)

And hey, as downgoesbrown said on Grantland:
Winnipeg Jets

What’s gone wrong: The Jets are barely over .500, they give up more goals than they score, and they’re not even a winning team at home. All of which means they’re still the best team in the Southeast, because that division is terrible.

Why that should make you happy: A generation of Winnipeg schoolkids will grow up seeing a “Southeast Division champs” banner hanging from the rafters, then go on to fail every geography class they take for the rest of their lives.

Erdrick

Nah. I was just sarcastically commenting on the home crowd of Winnipeg.

Well, you'd still kinda be right, sarcasm or not, since it was like a morgue in there for a bit. It felt like we were down like 7-0 or something like those horrific Florida and Tampa games.

calder

No, there was just some random kid walking through campus with it on.

I'm not even kidding, but if I saw that I would half assume he was related to Wellwood. It'd be a one in like 20 chance his last name was actually Wellwood.

But if you see him again yell "Wellsy!" and see if he looks around.

Erdrick

Hey, I really really want that admittedly bullshit SE division crown now. Some kinda crappy team has to win it, why not us? The banner will be up forever, and in 5 years we'll all have forgotten how awful the SE competition was, in 10 years we'll think Boston, Montreal and Chicago were in the same division and we won by 15 games.

Granted, there is a very very strong chance that whoever is 6th in the East will be a notably better team than whoever wins the SE, but who cares. One and done in the playoffs sounds pretty damn good to me compared to this city's record of playoff futility. ;)

Oh, I want us to win it just for the confusion that it will create down the road. "South.... East? Why?"

I remember the days back in the later 80's and early 90's when the original Jets were in the playoffs against the Flames, Oilers and later against the CanucksX2 and then the Red Wings... Absolutely NOTHING short of when we got this new franchise here back in May 2011, could compare to the electricity in the air in the city. If we can somehow get in anytime soon... it would be a gong show. =) I don't even care if they even got far, just to make it for the first time since 96 would be so nostalgic for me, personally. If it somehow came down to them getting to the final against the Coyotes, that would be some kind of weird twist of fate.

Again, I'd just like an entrance to the big show to have a taste again of what it is really like to see Playoff Hockey again, the above is me just being wistful and hypothetical. (And hardly realistic in the last point.)

But to focus on matters at hand... The Jets should really get smacked for their horrific turnovers tonight and really did not deserve to win that game tonight, based on most of their play, but they did some things at the right time and got some good bounces at the end, and plus Pavelec saved their asses most of all in this game... so...

Don't play this terrible against Washington. Struggling team or not, Ovechkin and Co. will eat us alive if we give them as many chances as we did the Bruins tonight.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Oh, I want us to win it just for the confusion that it will create down the road. "South.... East? Why?"

I remember the days back in the later 80's and early 90's when the original Jets were in the playoffs against the Flames, Oilers and later against the CanucksX2 and then the Red Wings... Absolutely NOTHING short of when we got this new franchise here back in May 2011, could compare to the electricity in the air in the city. If we can somehow get in anytime soon... it would be a gong show. =) I don't even care if they even got far, just to make it for the first time since 96 would be so nostalgic for me, personally. If it somehow came down to them getting to the final against the Coyotes, that would be some kind of weird twist of fate.

Again, I'd just like an entrance to the big show to have a taste again of what it is really like to see Playoff Hockey again, the above is me just being wistful and hypothetical. (And hardly realistic in the last point.)

But to focus on matters at hand... The Jets should really get smacked for their horrific turnovers tonight and really did not deserve to win that game tonight, based on most of their play, but they did some things at the right time and got some good bounces at the end, and plus Pavelec saved their asses most of all in this game... so...

Don't play this terrible against Washington. Struggling team or not, Ovechkin and Co. will eat us alive if we give them as many chances as we did the Bruins tonight.

Imagine somebody in 2005 saying "The Jets will make the playoffs before the Leafs". Ha.

http://jets.nhl.com/club/boxscore.htm?id=2012020103

Of course, this happened to be when a friend of mine went to Tampa to see the game and be all decked in Jets gear. After that, she basically wanted to hide and get some Lightning jerseys instead to hide the shame of such a loss. =)

That seems like a lose-lose regardless of what jersey she was wearing.

More importantly, WHY IS IT ON HERE NOW?

If I have to be accidentally exposed to this shit, so do all of you.

It's my gift to Nucks-GAF with love.

The Chicago Blackhawks?

tYcXerK.gif

Jets hfboards said:
We just beat the BOSTON BRUINS. This isn't just any team off the block here, they're one of the elite. Boston did what they had to do for the first 2 periods, and we really got caught up in that, made some goofy plays, but at the end of the day we stayed in the game and we persevered.

Guys, I found the Tabris of Winnipeg.

Top Bottom