• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2013 |OT| Black History Forever

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
drafting defensemen must suck

image.jpeg

As for trades that might happen before the deadline, I could see them shipping rent-a-players for picks. Regehr and Leopold are both UFAs. Hecht and Scott are UFAs too but I doubt anyone would pick them up for a playoff push...

Acid08

Banned
I don't really want to see them trade anyone from the top line, but it wouldn't be out of the question. Pominville would be the most likely to be moved since if you're making a "new team" you probably want a new captain, and keeping the old one around might be awkward.
Marleau has been awesome since he was stripped of the C for Blake and then Jumbo. But yeah give us Pominville.

I would say Hodgson and Ennis are untouchable. On defense, I think Ehrhoff's contract might make him hard to move.

Vanek has two years left so he could be moved as a rental next year.
Leino has 5 more years at $4.5M per; buyout probably.
Pominville has 2 years at $5.3M per; not a terrible salary for a top-six.
Stafford has 3 more years at $4M and since he's not top-six no one will want him. Another buyout candidate.

Myers is signed forever at $5.5M per.
Regehr and Leopold are in contract years and could be solid rental options. Regehr has an NMC though.

Enroth is an RFA after this year and Miller has 2 more years at $6.25M. I don't see Enroth as a starter so if Miller is moved a starter has to come back the other way.

If I was the Sabres GM, I'd trade Regehr and Leopold at the deadline for picks, and maybe Pominville if the right offer came along. Buy out Leino and Stafford in the offseason and do something about Miller.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I would say Hodgson and Ennis are untouchable. On defense, I think Ehrhoff's contract might make him hard to move.

Pominville has 2 years at $5.3M per; not a terrible salary for a top-six.
Stafford has 3 more years at $4M and since he's not top-six no one will want him. Another buyout candidate.

Regehr and Leopold are in contract years and could be solid rental options. Regehr has an NMC though.

Enroth is an RFA after this year and Miller has 2 more years at $6.25M. I don't see Enroth as a starter so if Miller is moved a starter has to come back the other way.

Regehr would be a solid rental for Montreal. Diaz still isn't skating, and I'd take a veteran on D over one of our rookies.

Acid08

Banned

Pominville has 2 years at $5.3M per; not a terrible salary for a top-six.I

If I was the Sabres GM, I'd trade Regehr and Leopold at the deadline for picks, and maybe Pominville if the right offer came along. Buy out Leino and Stafford in the offseason and do something about Miller.
I would fucking love Stafford. We need some bottom six.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone feel like playing defence tonight?

A defenceman comes in from the point to score, where are the Habs players.

Top Bottom