• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2013 |OT| Black History Forever

Hodgson has been playing against 1-2 lines this year and doing a pretty good job all things considered. 26 points or so and only a -2 rating. He'd be third in scoring if he were still with the Canucks, only behind the twins.

I just saw Kassian's stats - does he get used against other team's top lines?

Kadri's definitely being used in the right situations by Carlyle. To develop him, and because we have the benefit/curse of playing 3 defensively minded centres ahead of him.
The point being is that he's reaping a lot of points playing against third pairings and bottom six forwards. If he had to play against top four defense pairings, then his production will likely go down.

RC

Banned
you need to watch the yotes feed to get the KidKast report. 10 WHOLE MINUTES OF HOCKEY TALK FROM A PRETEEN,

I learned Kyle Chipchura is ummm awesome and like......fantastic.

I honestly don't think I could take another one of those.

Nuke this franchise already.

Marvie_3

Banned
you need to watch the yotes feed to get the KidKast report. 10 WHOLE MINUTES OF HOCKEY TALK FROM A PRETEEN,

I learned Kyle Chipchura is ummm awesome and like......fantastic.
Broadcaster - "Vermette going to the box"
Kid - "Well at least he's playing well tonight"
Me - "This kid is a moron"

The best part is all those Coyote fans standing up as if they both a) give a shit about the Coyotes and b) know a fucking thing about the rules of hockey.

Cake Boss

Banned
Smith
KuGsj.gif

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Edler runs Smith without even trying to avoid him and Smith is the piece of shit. Gotcha.

I'm not saying it wasn't a penalty, but the reaction, C'mon. Also, that wasn't 5mins.

EDIT: These penalties are getting confusing.

Marvie_3

Banned
I'm not saying it wasn't a penalty, but the reaction, C'mon. Also, that wasn't 5mins.

EDIT: These penalties are getting confusing.

Doing nothing to avoid contact and heatshotting a goalie is 5 minutes smelly.

Fuck you for making me defend Smith too.

Remember the Blackhawks fans reaction when Shaw ran over Smith in the play offs?
Yeah, he sold that hit way harder than he did with Edler's.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I agree. It's one of many problems, but it's a definitely a big part of it. Firstly I think Hagelin-Stepan-Nash should be kept together for like 10 games straight. They've been real hot at times, and I think they'd get over whatever lull in performance they may have, whereas everything Richards touches seems to just suck right now. Gaborik, I have no idea what he's doing. I still like him but any ideas of him flourishing with Richards, or being able to score more with Nash occupying top defenders... none of it has happened, Something needs to change.

Can't have this much talent and be a bubble playoff team that has no easy games. We can't have an easy game at home against a garbage team? We're going nowhere until something changes. I don't think they're just going to "snap out" of a funk. We're not 10 games in now, we're more than halfway through. I guess the one advantage is that in being such a big-market team with no money issues, you know something will be done to rectify the situation. Whether that works for next year or further down the line, at least we know it's gonna happen.

Money isn't a problem right now, but that's because the kids are still young.

It's going to become a bit of an issue with the cap because we have many guys that are earning a pittance right now on ELCs that are going to get seriously paid in the offseason as RFAs. Hagelin, Stepan, and McDonagh are all RFAs this year and are all going to make much much more than they do right now.

And next season's set of UFAs is going to be crazy. Callahan, Lundqvist, Girardi, Gaborik, Biron, Stralman, Asham, and Boyle are ALL UFAs in 2014, and Del Zotto will be an RFA.

Revenant

Watching it again in slow motion, looks like Smith never saw him coming, but man that headsnap must be instinct for smith at this point :lol, Edler got a good piece of him but Smith is definitely looking for an oscar again.

Marvie_3

Banned
Guys Edlers hit was bad. Let's just all agree that Smith is a little bitch though.

A little bitch? Dude is a 6'4" giant bitch.

Watching it again in slow motion, looks like Smith never saw him coming, but man that headsnap must be instinct for smith at this point :lol, Edler got a good piece of him but Smith is definitely looking for an oscar again.

I'm surprised he didn't lay on the ice for 3 days like he did after Shaw hit him.

Marvie_3

Banned
Smelly, just for reference, this is from the NHL rulebook:

42.1 Charging -

A goalkeeper is not “fair game” just because he is outside the goal crease area. The appropriate penalty should be assessed in every case where an opposing player makes unnecessary contact with a goalkeeper. However, incidental contact, at the discretion of the Referee, will be permitted when the goalkeeper is in the act of playing the puck outside his goal crease provided the attacking player has made a reasonable effort to avoid such contact.

Curufinwe

Money isn't a problem right now, but that's because the kids are still young.

It's going to become a bit of an issue with the cap because we have many guys that are earning a pittance right now on ELCs that are going to get seriously paid in the offseason as RFAs. Hagelin, Stepan, and McDonagh are all RFAs this year and are all going to make much much more than they do right now.

And next season's set of UFAs is going to be crazy. Callahan, Lundqvist, Girardi, Gaborik, Biron, Stralman, Asham, and Boyle are ALL UFAs in 2014, and Del Zotto will be an RFA.

Well if you miss the playoffs you have a chance of getting the
1st pick.

Top Bottom