• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2013 |OT| Black History Forever

MacAttack

Oh it's not. I know those stupid, stinky Bruins players circle these games in their calendar and go "well we kinda suck now but hey we go the Leafs in a few games, it's all good"
I do think some of it is manufactured by the team when they call out players in the media. But it's always a treat for Bruins players to keep in touch with the Toby Tyler of the Bruins family, Phil Kessel!

It looks like Seguin always wanted to play in Toronto with the way he plays at the ACC (7GP 5G 2A), he just didn't know it would be for the other team.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I do think some of it is manufactured by the team when they call out players in the media. But it's always a treat for Bruins players to keep in touch with the Toby Tyler of the Bruins family, Phil Kessel!

It looks like Seguin always wanted to play in Toronto with the way he plays at the ACC (7GP 5G 2A), he just didn't know it would be for the other team.

He needs to stop these shenanigans. Leave us alone Tyler, you already have a ring!

If there's one thing I hope Carlyle is able to do is motivate Kessel like he did JVR when it comes to the Bruins. Everyone knows how terrible he is against them, he needs to overcome this.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
O4VNkti.gif

Saved.

Spl1nter

Facing the bruins with out lups god fucking dammit. Maybe the defence can play well tonight. Grabo needs to get going. He was better last game but no confidence. Fratttin and JVR have also been way to quiet

Leafs are a playoff team with lupul. He was there best forward last year and will probably be our 2nd best for the rest of the year after kadri unless Kessel can find his shot consistently.

For any interested, DobberHockey's got a one day fantasy event going on. Free, but can win some money if you end up at the top. Locks in about 2 hours.

Lupul's a jerk. I carry him on my IR for weeks, comes back and does great, then bam! Out 2 games. Thanks a lot.

Montresor

Vancouver plays Los Angeles at 4pm eastern on a Saturday evening on the local Sportsnet Pacific channel. It will be blacked out throughout Canada. =/

CBC's 10pm game tonight is Edmonton vs St. Louis. Someone fucked up.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Price in net against the Sabres which is weird seeing as we play the Pens and Bruins back to back next week......unless Therrien is planning on using Budaj against the Bruins again, which I don't imagine will work as well as the first time.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Habs just reclaimed Halpern off waivers. Good faceoff guy where we've been hurting badly.

Hmm, I liked Halpern, but there's going to be a logjam on the fourth line when everyone is healthy, and Dumont has been great on faceoffs so far, White was good too at 54%. More Le Depth either way.

Oh and by the way, Kovalev is returning too!
to play in an alumni game.

Red_Man

Hmm, I liked Halpern, but there's going to be a logjam on the fourth line when everyone is healthy, and Dumont has been great on faceoffs so far, White was good too at 54%. More Le Depth either way.

Oh and by the way, Kovalev is returning too!
to play in an alumni game.
Hopefully this pushes Armstrong out of the line up at some point.....Halpern is a good PKer too which has been awful for us. Either way not much to lose by picking him up.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Hopefully this pushes Armstrong out of the line up at some point.....Halpern is a good PKer too which has been awful for us. Either way not much to lose by picking him up.

Yup. I fear we might lose White on waivers though, although it wouldn't be a big loss.

Also this means one less move Bergevin is tempted to make at the deadline, and give up assets for.

Red_Man

Yup. I fear we might lose White on waivers though, although it wouldn't be a big loss.

Also this means one less move Bergevin is tempted to make at the deadline, and give up assets for.
Exactly. Honestly I hope Bergevin doesn't make any moves at the deadline unless they're absolute steals. We're already doing much better then anyone expected, let the kids get the experience through a couple rounds of playoffs, keep the picks and kill it next year.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Ah crap. That means Orr and McLaren will probably both suit up for an indefinite number of games.

We'll see. For the time being they seem focused on letting Ryan Hamilton have an actual shot right now. We'll see on Monday when Lupul is back though.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Exactly. Honestly I hope Bergevin doesn't make any moves at the deadline unless they're absolute steals. We're already doing much better then anyone expected, let the kids get the experience through a couple rounds of playoffs, keep the picks and kill it next year.

I'll take a veteran defenceman like Robyn Regher. I'd be willing to give up one of our 2nd round picks if we could get a good solid veteran defender. Nothing more though.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Not surprised the Habs took back Halpy. Man, I really liked him, even if he did provide no offense at all.

In better news, Stu Bickel has been placed on waivers! Yes! I know we need fighters and all, but Bickel is fucking useless.

Rangers are doing a lot of housekeeping. Something must be coming involving multiple players coming to the team. Maybe they found a sucker willing to overpay for Gaborik?

Who do you want in the draft? Jones, MacKinnon or Drouin?
MacKinnon for sure. Jones is a fine pick but our pool is well stocked with RHD. What we need is offense and someone who can impact the line up immediately. MacKinnon is a beast, has great chemistry with Huby and is RW/C which is our weakness in depth.

Acid08

Banned
Not surprised the Habs took back Halpy. Man, I really liked him, even if he did provide no offense at all.

In better news, Stu Bickel has been placed on waivers! Yes! I know we need fighters and all, but Bickel is fucking useless.

Rangers are doing a lot of housekeeping. Something must be coming involving multiple players coming to the team. Maybe they found a sucker willing to overpay for Gaborik?
If you fucking chumps get Boyle for Gaborik I'll be fucking furious. Don't need more glass men past their prime.

Also I hate afternoon eastt coast time games. I'm always at work and miss them. A preemptive "eat a dick" to minny's garbage fair weather fans.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I kinda want gaborik just to make our 3 lines a little ridiculous

Use him in right situations with the right people and he can be deadly

Cake Boss

Banned
Sens-Hawks rumeur de transaction de plus en plus persistante D.Bonvie/P.Gauthier très près des des Sénateurs aux cours des derniers jours.

Unless the Hawks want Bishop, I dont see a deal between Hawks and Sens.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I'm pretty sure Gaborik's performance this year is not necessarily indicative of how he'll play in the near-ish future. He came into the year with a banged up shoulder coming off of surgery, has been moved around mostly outside of his natural and comfortable position, and has mostly been centered by another guy slumping and possibly past his prime. Even with his slump, he's still also on a goal pace not dissimilar to his goal pace during the year between his two 40+ goal seasons with us.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's at least a 30 goal scorer next year again. Guy is streaky like that.

Rangers called up Kris Newbury from the Whale. Not surprised here. Wonder if they're going to put him with Kreider.

Acid08

Banned
Gomez still terrible, not like I expected much else.
It's funny seeing the difference in confidence between him and Pavs. They're the same size but Pavs plays the game like he's huge and Gomez plays like he's an ant. Guy hasn't even been very bad, he had 10 points. Just needs to play with more confidence.

Top Bottom