• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2013 |OT| Black History Forever

fallout

OK Jets-GAF, let's talk through this. fallout was at the game so I bet he's either still looting the Bargain Shop across from MTS or else he was killed by roving packs of boo-birds trying to get at the police cordon protecting the Jets dressing room, but Erdrick are you ok? There's one or two other Jet fans here right?
Bargain Shop was a bust.

Moved onto the LC up on Hargrave.

Booze helps.

Real Canadian First Round Bust Rick Nash was dragging them down. Now look at the Rangers. He's infecting every team he's on.

Locker-room Cancer CONFIRMED. Behind that mild Canadian exterior lies a Michael-Jordanian Monster.

Anyway, this is fucking awesome. They can't keep it up, obviously, but it's the best hockey I've seen the Jackets play since their creation.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
On a much more interesting note: New Riddick movie? AWESOME.

I need to re-watch Pitch Black now.

I remember being blown away when the Riddick game was the cover story for that month's Gameinformer a long ass time ago (sigh...)

The graphics looked so dope

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I remember being blown away when the Riddick game was the cover story for that month's Gameinformer a long ass time ago (sigh...)

Escape from Butcher Bay was one of the best games from last generation. I should grab the HD remake, anyone know if it's worth it?

On another note, which one of you sick bastards was first in line for the Springbreakers movie tonight?

Smiley90

Escape from Butcher Bay was one of the VERY RARE good movie-video game adaptations. Even more impressive because nobody expected it to be that good.

Butcher Bay is super dope.

Escape from Butcher Bay was one of the VERY RARE good movie-video game adaptations. Even more impressive because nobody expected it to be that good.

I would love to play it. It seriously looked so good for it's time back in the day.

Thinking about this makes me feel old even though I'm not. I hate that fucking feeling because it makes me feel like a self centered dickhead

Smiley90

I'm re-watching Pitch Black RIGHT NOW. No regrets. This is like the 5th time I'm watching it now.

Acid08

Banned
I would love to play it. It seriously looked so good for it's time back in the day.

Thinking about this makes me feel old even though I'm not. I hate that fucking feeling because it makes me feel like a self centered dickhead
Get Dark Athena. It has Butcher Bay and the sequel with updated graphics.

Smiley90

O4VNkti.gif

So apparently Sacco benched McGinn and Jones for the game against Dallas and gave Kobasew regular shifts on better lines and it worked out. Probably the first positive coaching decision he's made the entire time he's been here. But there's this guy named Paul who could really use a foot up the ass too. Maybe scratch him tomorrow.

Solo

How does not winning a Stanley Cup not make a player a superstar? Is Stamkos, who hasn't even been to the cup final, not a superstar? How about Ovechkin before the olympics? How about the many of stars that have been on teams that couldn't get past that final hump due to any number of situational things that can go wrong during a playoff series, no matter how good you are.

No, serious conversation.

Also the Sedins would destroy in the east as they have already demonstrated by scoring a huge amount of goals out there. Henrik Sedin was scoring at 1.89PPG rate (one of the highest PPG rates seen in a long time) against the East (vs 1.28PPG rate against the West) in his Art Ross year. Just a quick glance at game log from last couple of years and it looks like a 1.4PPG+ clip against the East. As I have said plenty of times (and proven with stats), it's easier to score in the East.

If you're going to come back at me, come at me with facts.

Stamkos wasn't in the league in 2004. Therefore, nothing he does matters or even happened, for that matter.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
He will be playing in the NHL next season. I think given the chance he could hold his own if he was with the Leafs right now but I'm glad they aren't rushing him along at the same time.

I don't think he'll be playing full-time in the NHL next year, just a hunch myself. They have no pressure to call him up and as things are now I don't think there is really a spot for him yet.

This is also his first full year since his knee injury. I'm sure they'll want him playing a full year as a pro first in the AHL. He may get a few games called up though.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think he'll be playing full-time in the NHL next year, just a hunch myself. They have no pressure to call him up and as things are now I don't think there is really a spot for him yet.

This is also his first full year since his knee injury. I'm sure they'll want him playing a full year as a pro first in the AHL. He may get a few games called up though.
More time with Eakins is a good thing IMO. And he'll get to enjoy some success while they hopefully get this mess of a team sorted out first.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
More time with Eakins is a good thing IMO. And he'll get to enjoy some success while they hopefully get this mess of a team sorted out first.

Pretty much. The Leafs have finally hit a point where they realize they need to take their time with their prospects now and not rush them. I'm glad.

We might have some pretty interesting prospects pop up in the next 2 seasons thanks to it.

Montresor

I hope the Leafs get absolutely destroyed. I want an excuse to quit in the first period and play Mass Effect 3 Citadel.

Joking of course. I hate the Bruins

Montresor

[IM]http://deadhomersociety.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/duffless6_thumb.png?w=512&h=384[/IMG]

Well it just occurred to me that Coach's Corner might be interesting... Cherry is going to fellate Kadri, and he's going to go ballistic over the Lupul/Edler suspensions and the Nash non-suspension (hopefully). Of course I'll watch. =)

MacAttack

I hope the Leafs get absolutely destroyed. I want an excuse to quit in the first period and play Mass Effect 3 Citadel.

Joking of course. I hate the Bruins
The Leafs are in trouble tonight. The Bruins have been playing pretty uninspired hockey the last few games and the heat is on players. Rask, Lucic, Horton and Peverly have all been called out by the coaches/media and I expect a big bounce back game from the Bruins.

I don't know if its a coincidence that these types of games frequently present themselves when the B's play the Leafs.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
The Leafs are in trouble tonight. The Bruins have been playing pretty uninspired hockey the last few games and the heat is on players. Rask, Lucic, Horton and Peverly have all been called out by the coaches/media and I expect a big bounce back game from the Bruins.

I don't know if its a coincidence that these types of games frequently present themselves when the B's play the Leafs.

Oh it's not. I know those stupid, stinky Bruins players circle these games in their calendar and go "well we kinda suck now but hey we go the Leafs in a few games, it's all good"

Montresor

I'm conflicted. I want the Pens to finish ahead of the Bruins, but I also want the Leafs to finish ninth. What to do?

The Leafs will be making the playoffs anyway even if they lose tonight. IMO the question will be whether they stumble into the playoffs like drunken monkeys or if they secure the 6th spot or above.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I'm conflicted. I want the Pens to finish ahead of the Bruins, but I also want the Leafs to finish ninth. What to do?

It's okay to admit you worry a bit about facing the Leafs in the first round.

I would be too, we've played you pretty hard our few games this season. We'd give you a run in a 7 game series.

Top Bottom