• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2013 |OT| Black History Forever

calder

Wow what'd I miss?

I fell asleep briefly during the first intermission, then woke up and saw it was 4 to fucking nothing and decided, fuck this noise, and went to bed for a proper nap but had the TV on muted in the bedroom. Then I kept having weird dreams about the Jets where the Caps kept scoring 2 goals while I was asleep and waking up in my dream only to fall asleep again and the Caps score 2 quick goals while I'm asleep.

So by the end of my dream the Caps had won 10-0 and I 'woke up' to discover the Jets had scored one goal. So when I actually woke up a half hour ago I was thinking "well, 10-1 is better than 10-0, but I can't believe they got lit up by double digits".

And lo and behold, it was actually fucking 6 to 1?! Are you fisting me?? That's GREAT!

I know some guys from work who went to the game, that had to be rough. My youngest brother went yesterday and brought his new GF so he ended up paying $300 to watch that 4-0 shitfest, can't imagine anyone was happier after tonight. I was really surprised all day at work listening to TSN1290 about how angry people were after getting shut out and playing so shitty. It's actually a bit unfortunate that the Jets next game is at home on Sunday, going to be another salty crowd if they play anything other than a good home game.

OK Jets-GAF, let's talk through this. fallout was at the game so I bet he's either still looting the Bargain Shop across from MTS or else he was killed by roving packs of boo-birds trying to get at the police cordon protecting the Jets dressing room, but Erdrick are you ok? There's one or two other Jet fans here right?

This shouldn't be an acceptable response. I feel that people see the username Tabris and then act like they have a license to bully.

To be fair, he has said some stupid stuff lately, but yeah you have a point.

It should be a law that every Detroit fan owns a Datsyuk jersey.

I haven't had a jersey since I was little and had an Yzerman jersey/shirt. Never felt like spending the money on one since I didn't know when I would really wear it.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Tokarski with another shutout tonight, 3rd in 10 games since Montreal acquired him from Tampa. Hopefully he's good enough to back up Price next season.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Tokarski with another shutout tonight, 3rd in 10 games since Montreal acquired him from Tampa. Hopefully he's good enough to back up Price next season.
The way Budaj has been playing they'll resign him, he's been a great back up since his play has picked up.

There's one or two other Jet fans here right?

We're all Jets fans, calder. Until they make the playoffs that is - but right now it's mostly all love.

Pollux, that sweater would be great if the black parts were red. Black just isn't a colour I can associate with the Redwings.

Is it NHL After Dark time yet?

1Fanboy_Nintendo.jpg

(again stolen)

I'm bored. Stats comparison for fun:

2005-2006:
Crosby - 39G 63A 103P
Ovechkin - 52G 54A 106P (Calder)

2006-2007:
Crosby - 36G 84A 120P (Art Ross, Hart, Lester B. Pearson)
Ovechkin - 46G 46A 92P

2007-2008:
Crosby - 24G 48A 72P (53GP)
Ovechkin - 65G 47A 112P (Art Ross, Rocket Richard, Hart, Lester B. Pearson)

2008-2009:
Crosby - 33G 70A 103P
Ovechkin - 56G 54A 110P (Rocket Richard, Hart, Lester B. Pearson)

2009-2010:
Crosby - 51G 58A 109P (Rocket Richard /w Stamkos, Messier)
Ovechkin - 50G 59A 109P (9 fewer GP, Ted Lindsay)

Still don't think he was the "best" player in all of these years, but him and Crosby were definitely the most exciting to watch.

Still weird to see Ovechkin drop so low in recent seasons.

I hope he returns to his former glory, he was fun to watch. Not that the last two seasons were bad but I can see them being disappointing compared to those numbers.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
This shouldn't be an acceptable response. I feel that people see the username Tabris and then act like they have a license to bully.

When you're full of shit so many times you kinda deserve the shitting on.

He used to be able to discuss in a rational matter but he's decided to become a full out character of himself and just posts to rile up people. Seems more like he enjoys doing it so no shock people come back at him with that.

Marvie_3

Banned
How does not winning a Stanley Cup not make a player a superstar? Is Stamkos, who hasn't even been to the cup final, not a superstar? How about Ovechkin before the olympics? How about the many of stars that have been on teams that couldn't get past that final hump due to any number of situational things that can go wrong during a playoff series, no matter how good you are.
The whole point of the game is to win the Stanley Cup. You can be a star player without winning it but your name on the Cup sets you apart, even in a team sport.

Quick

Banned
I think we need to dial down the bully attitude when replying to Tabris.

At the same time, Tabris knows exactly what he's doing.

Heretic

I think we need to dial down the bully attitude when replying to Tabris.

At the same time, Tabris knows exactly what he's doing.
He posted a while back how he loved that he can control the thread and where it heads or something like that.

he knows what he's doing.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
You shouldn't be surprised that people respond that way when the guy says that cups before 2004 don't count. Talk like an idiot, get treated like an idiot.

Top Bottom