• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2013 |OT| Black History Forever

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
That's a very pleasant surprise in what's been an average year for the Leafs. I'm so damn happy about our PK. There's still lots of room for improvement in many aspects of Toronto's game but that PK absolutely suffocated Boston.

A pleasant surprise would be if our PK was between 15-20th.

5th overall is a "what the fuck is going on?" surprise.

We've been bottom of the league for the last 5 years.

Quick

Banned
I blame Claude.

iimr9eNGjmYYr.gif

TheFatOne

Bruins controlling the game take a dumb ass penalty and are now loosing. I'm pretty much done watching Lucic. I don't know much about hockey but I know Lucic is fucking terrible, and overrated. Quick question NHL gaf why do players sometime get thrown out of the face off?

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Bruins controlling the game take a dumb ass penalty and are now loosing. I'm pretty much done watching Lucic. I don't know much about hockey but I know Lucic is fucking terrible, and overrated. Quick question NHL gaf why do players sometime get thrown out of the face off?

because their skates are not straight or someone else in the faceoff screwed up their position or their stick isn't being set right (away team puts their stick down first then home team)

(>_>)

Trade him to Toronto for MarArthur pls.

I know this is well late, but I imagine Frattin was scratched for conditioning reasons rather than just his below average form.

Montresor

Lucic is having a bad year but every team would love to have this guy. He's one of the most intimidating players in the NHL. He can hit hard, win board battles, fight with the best of them and score on the first line. One bad year doesn't take away the value he brings to the Boston squad IMO.

Re: faceoffs what Dopey said is right. If the linesman (the official that drops the puck) determined that a player is "cheating" on the faceoff, i.e. someone is swiping too early then they'll kick that person off the faceof circle and force a teammate to take the faceoff instead.

TheFatOne

Lucic is having a bad year but every team would love to have this guy. He's one of the most intimidating players in the NHL. He can hit hard, win board battles, fight with the best of them and score on the first line. One bad year doesn't take away the value he brings to the Boston squad IMO.

Re: faceoffs what Dopey said is right. If the linesman (the official that drops the puck) determined that a player is "cheating" on the faceoff, i.e. someone is swiping too early then they'll kick that person off the faceof circle and force a teammate to take the faceoff instead.
It just isn't one bad year. He has yet to show up for the Bruins in the playoffs. If Lucic played hard consistently I would agree with you, but most of the time the guy looks like he is skating in quicksand.
Lucic = The Second Coming of Cam Neely.

He isn't that. So, people hate him. Also FATCIC. Also being a bitch on the boards.

I don't expect Lucic to score 40 goals I just want him to be consistent.

Top Bottom