• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2013 |OT| Black History Forever

Cake Boss

Banned
And there is no fucking doubt Mike Hoffman is an NHLer, amazing 1st game for him on that top line, dat speed, looks like EK at forward.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Leafs have just one more game before the trade deadline.

What say you, Leafs-GAF: Will you accept another round of Not Gonna Make Trades Just to Make the Playoffs?

Or is this the year we actually do something?
I hope Nonis is smarter than that.

We still need a #1 C, top 2 D, veteran G.

I'm not sure what we can give up at this point for those pieces as nothing seems available right now for the right price.

Loluongo is too expensive and Gillis is delusional.

Roy is a 1 C at best but more of a 2 C and we have too many of those already.

Is another elite D even available??

Pieces that could be moved. Grabs, Mac, Bozak, maybe Gunny, Kulemim, draft pick, etc. The list goes on and it didn't help we signed HOLEzer and Carlyle insists on playing Costco.

Spl1nter

Question

According to this

http://www.nhl.com/ice/standings.htm?season=20122013&type=CON

Why is Winnipeg 3rd in the Eastern Conference with only 38 points?

Top team from each division is seeded 1,2,3.
http://www.nhl.com/ice/standings.htm?season=20122013&type=DIV

After those three its all wildcard for the remaining 5 spots.

Kuro, I see Weiss as a UFA or Stastny trade for a #1 trade. However so much can happen, lots of different options for improving the team. They may just wait and let one of there D prospects (rielly) grow into a top 2 role.
Kulie has been pretty invaluable for the team since he has turned his play around. He has a pretty special skill set.

Samyy

The last time the leafs were in the playoffs I was too young to have facial hair. I really wanna grow a manly ass playoff beard :(

Pakkidis

Kuro, I see Weiss as a UFA or Stastny trade for a #1 trade. However so much can happen, lots of different options for improving the team. They may just wait and let one of there D prospects (rielly) grow into a top 2 role.
Kulie has been pretty invaluable for the team since he has turned his play around. He has a pretty special skill set.

AH, thank you, is their a specific reason for this, why not just do it by points?

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
AH, thank you, is their a specific reason for this, why not just do it by points?

because some divisions can be weak so they want representation from each division

it's changing next year with the realignment though

gonna be 4 divisions (2 per conference) and top 3 from each division make it in, last 2 playoff spots are wildcards

Cake Boss

Banned
Yo Kernal resign Guyet?

Latendresse seems really rejuvenated playing with Silfverberg and Zibanejad. That line is just beastly, all big guys with soft hands. Can't believe hes only 25, I will lock him up for 2 years, he signed here because he wanted to be closer to his kid, so I could see him staying if there is an offer.

Spl1nter

Dont think there is a specific reasion but I would assume its because teams play more games against there division during the season than against the rest of the conference and the other conference. I think its 6 against division, 4 against conference and 1 or 2 against other conference. So I guess a way of rewarding in division play where most rivalries exist. NBA has a similar system.

what dopey said is real reason.

Yo Kernal resign Guyet?

Latendresse seems really rejuvenated playing with Silfverberg and Zibanejad. That line is just beastly, all big guys with soft hands. Can't believe hes only 25, I will lock him up for 2 years, he signed here because he wanted to be closer to his kid, so I could see him staying if there is an offer.

Yeah I am all for it. He looked awful at the start of the year but ever since he came back he's been awesome and fits so well on that line. They better not break up that line, ever.

We can probably resign him fairly cheap and he actually wants to stay. Pretty much every interview he says he's hoping for an extension.

Only risky if he gets hurt but I think at some point his luck has to change with all those injuries.

Dat Anderson

He's been hurt for over a month

Cake Boss

Banned
Mika Zibanejad now tied with Nail Yakupov in points in 4 fewer games.

Drafting, oilers your doing it wrong.

Yeah I am all for it. He looked awful at the start of the year but ever since he came back he's been awesome and fits so well on that line. They better not break up that line, ever.

We can probably resign him fairly cheap and he actually wants to stay. Pretty much every interview he says he's hoping for an extension.

Only risky if he gets hurt but I think at some point his luck has to change with all those injuries.

Yeah, in his interview back from the injury last, he said that was the healthiest he has felt in 2 years.

Spl1nter

Drafting, oilers your doing it wrong.

Yeah, in his interview back from the injury last, he said that was the healthiest he has felt in 2 years.

He was 2011 however, which is turning out to be one of the strongest drafts, at least in the top 10. Just insane.

Ottawa is a gigantic test on Saturday.

Win there and I will actually believe this team has turned a corner.

Kessel saving what should of been a first period hattrick for the Sens.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

Well, I was referring more to this trade deadline.

Weiss is done this season iirc. And even when he was playing, he played like shit. He only has like 60 points tops and while I think he may do better with Lupes and Kes, I'm not holding my breath.

Stastny is slightly more interesting but he has #2 C all over him. Grabs is more of a goal scorer and better defensively. And Bozak can take draws and has chemistry with Kes.

Kulemin I've always been hard on. He's a good grinder with some offensive upside, but this is why I think we can trade him cause other teams can use him and we can get good value for him.

If Grabs/Mac/Kule played to their potential like that one fantastic year; if Kes/Boz/Lupes kept their groove on from last season; if Kadri/Komarov/JVR/Frattin can get going, we'd be in good shape.

Even then...

Our D needs work and Reims is inconsistent. Duck, I'd even take Comaslowreck back over fucking Costco at this point.

Ah the Canes. It's nice
not
to see them regain their epic "bend over and shove a hockey stick up our asses" play style. For the first half of this season they really had me going. I really thought that maybe they'd turned the corner, had reached escape velocity from the fearful Mo days.

But alas.

It is not so.

They.
Suck.
So.
Fucking.
Much.

Man Oshie is such a pussy

tj-oshie-crying_o_GIFSoupcom.gif

Quick

Banned
Gillis apparently lowered his asking price for Luongo, and resumed talks with Nonis.

Kadri and Gardiner are off the table.

Slurmer

Banned
I'm now kind of pumped at the possibility of Philly getting the #1 pick. Can bryz get a break now. We aren't going to win many games with or without him anyways.

Quick

Banned
Sportsnet doesn't know shit. This is the same network that gave Eklund airtime.

http://images.yuku.com.s3.amazonaws.com/image/gif/1f3258b49a635e28caba1be9ec5ec7c98e9f98c.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

lol I know, I know. I try not to take them seriously after the whole Eklund thing, but the discussion here about the Leafs trying to acquire pieces at the deadline, and the coincidence of SN reporting it, couldn't help it.

Top Bottom