• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2013 |OT| Black History Forever

Dryden, Fuhr, Billy Smith?

Mike Vernon?

These are a bit of stretch, but still..

I dont think Fuhr is a stretch at all. There should definitely be some old time goalies, from the no mask days on a list of best goalies. BJ's list reads like a list of recent goalies.

Edit: Dammit Kave!

Silexx

@TSNBobMcKenzie BTW, if COL didn't match and CGY got ROR, CGY would've been obligated to put him on waivers. No provision for paying him not to play.

OK, turns out Feaster just avoided pulling the dumbest GM move ever.

Solo

Galchenyuk only plays about 10-12 minutes a game and missed all of last season, too. The fact that he's third in rookie scoring as essentially a 17 year old is amazing. Conacher and Huberdeau will of course have a much better shot at the Calder, but I feel like long term Gally will be the best of them.

Huberdeau also scored 6 goals in February. Galchenyuk has 3 goals all season.

JH: 13 points
AG: 12 points

Goals, assists, it's all gravy.

Cake Boss

Banned
Renaud Lavoie ‏@RenLavoieRDS
Its over for Alex Kovalev and the Panthers. Team wants him to retired, but he still wants to be paid.

KuGsj.gif

Cake Boss

Banned
Galchenyuk only plays about 10-12 minutes a game and missed all of last season, too. The fact that he's third in rookie scoring as essentially a 17 year old is amazing. Conacher and Huberdeau will of course have a much better shot at the Calder, but I feel like long term Gally will be the best of them.

JH: 13 points
AG: 12 points

Goals, assists, it's all gravy.

He's 19.

Solo

Glenn Hall, Tony Esposito

This has no effect on rookie of the month considerations.

Of course not, nor should it. Was just bringing it up to show it's pretty great that he's even in the conversation.

Like I said, I see one of Huberdeau, Conacher or even Tarasenko winning the Calder, but I think Galchenyuk probably has the highest ceiling of them all.

Cake Boss

Banned
Just turned it 2 weeks ago. He started the season at 18. 18 - 1 missed year = 17 development-wise. Hence "essentially".

Get it?

Oh shit you could do that?

So Zibenejad missed 3 months this year plus 6 months last year in development, basically 9 months of hockey which is an NHL season, which means hes actually an 18 year old playing in the league. HOLY SHIT WOW.

pringles

So Zibenejad missed 3 months this year plus 6 months last year in development, basically 9 months of hockey which is an NHL season, which means hes actually an 18 year old playing in the league. HOLY SHIT WOW.
Now calculate DiPietro's "age".

Solo

Sure, whatever you want to do.

Gally missed a critical year of junior development and then jumped straight to the NHL after half of this junior season. That's a year lost, homie.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Top 3 goalies to ever play in the NHL

Roy
Brodeur
Hasek

Anyone else in that conversation?

You do know there was hockey before 1985, right?

How about Terry Sawchuk? Glenn Hall, who played 501 CONSECUTIVE GAMES? Jacques Plante?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Sure, whatever you want to do.

Gally missed a critical year of junior development and then jumped straight to the NHL after half of this junior season. That's a year lost, homie.

Do years not spent in the north american leagues count half too? What about people born as minorities, they've probably had to spend at least 1.5 years of effort for every normal year?

SOMEONE CALCULATE OFFICIAL "Red Age" FOR EVERYONE!

Edit: Camilla Luddington appreciation? I'd be down.
literally

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
It IS Lara Croft! :lol
Shows you how much I go to gaming side. It's only good for getting banned, and for making yourself feel better because you don't get heart palpitations when someone says xbox is better then playstation.

Solo

Do years not spent in the north american leagues count half too? What about people born as minorities, they've probably had to spend at least 1.5 years of effort for every normal year?

racist

BTW you can see Lara naked all over the place in S5 of Californication.

Acid08

Banned

Edit: Camilla Luddington appreciation? I'd be down.
literally
I'm appreciating her so hard right now. Gotta clean all the appreciation off my keyboard.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
Of course, comments like this aren't helping your case:

I'd still drag my stick through broken glass to raid her tomb.

But I sure as hell enjoyed your contribution to the thread.

Never underestimate the ability of Gaf to get pissy and outrage over nothing.

Silexx

Mark Stone is going to play tonight in Bingo and could be called up to play tomorrow against Philly. Fuck yeah!

Smiley90

Of course, comments like this aren't helping your case:

But I sure as hell enjoyed your contribution to the thread.

Never underestimate the ability of Gaf to get pissy and outrage over nothing.

To be fair, "drag my dick through broken glass" is more of a meme than a unique statement by now. Not that the mods would know or care, since... You know, humour and all. Soc would know how that feels.

Mark Stone is going to play tonight in Bingo and could be called up to play tomorrow against Philly. Fuck yeah!

That soon ?

Still awesome if true, you mean our roster could potentially be better over the next few days ?

When is Michalek coming back ? These injuries are beyond ridiculous.

The solution to all our problems: push-ups.

LOL. Didn't the Lightning do a strip shootout some time ago. If you miss in the shootout you make a piece of equipment off. I think St. Louis finally scored with almost nothing on(including no skates).

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
LOL Flames!

Also, unconfirmed reports that the Avs haven't filed the paperwork for matching the offer sheet yet....

PS: Also a fail for the Avs management. If they had done their research, they could've warned other teams not to offer sheet because of this.

Smiley90

So, this pic was posted under "We have an announcement to make this morning", I take it this means Sunday's game will be the retro jersey game? Awesome, if so.

XICLgkK.jpg

Top Bottom