• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2013 |OT| Black History Forever

Marvie_3

Banned
I have the Blackhawks' old alternate jersey:

0731-chi-3rd.jpg

I love it because it's awesome, hate it because it's a fake (Yonge St. jersey vendors, lol).
I wanted one of those but the only sizes I could find in Minnesota were either way too small or way too huge.

I wish they would bring back our flat black thirds.
Fuck no. Those were boring as shit.

Also, Bettman apparently said he would not rule out Atlanta a third time.
Atlanta 3 is not happening for a LONG time.

What is wrong with this guy?
I'm sure he'd also say that he wouldn't rule out the republicans becoming sane again. Doesn't mean its actually going to happen.

CCF23

*whistles*

I know, right? The lower bowl is fucking ridiculous. We had to take what we could get to get off the wait list, but we're going to try to get into the upper bowl next year. Fuck the lower bowl and its prices.

Jensen is by FAR my most anticipated/hyped Canucks prospect in a long time. I think he's our best prospect, and that's including Kassian as a prospect still. He's going to be an impact, top 6 NHL forward.

PS: I've always liked that song. Is it bad that I like that song?

@TSNBobMcKenzie

But article 13 of recent MOU, says following: All players on a Club's Reserve List and RFA list will be exempt from application of 13:23...

In other words, in this new CBA, team can sign one of its own RFAs or draft picks out of Europe in mid-season and get in lineup w/o waivers.

So, the upside of the whole O'Reilly fiasco is that under the new CBA the Blues can sign Lehtera after Sibir loses their next playoff game (March 3rd or whenever the 7th game is if they win).

He's said he's ready for the NHL after the end of the season in the KHL, and there was the whole missing 3-4 extra games after the 1 game suspension weirdness.

Fucking DO IT, we need another Center so badly. AND Tarasenko played RW on his line with Sibir.

UtzrQMr.jpg

Simpler is better, Marvie.

I could probably find you a winter classic one down here though.

And careful with the republican stuff. Arab might shoot you with his constitutionally-protected guns.

Bergenheim wins his appeal and the suspension is lifted. Cats will retroactively pay him for time missed and pay for surgery.

Edit: now he goes out for surgery, will miss rest of season.

Strickland rumors:

Blues and Toronto talking Trade?

Sources out of Toronto have the Blues and Maple Leafs on each other’s radar. One player whose name continues to pop up is forward Nikolai Kulemin.

A former 30 goal scorer, Kulemin is playing a different role with Toronto and could maybe use a change of scenery. The 26 year-old Russian has just 12 points this season but has been used primarily in a defensive/PK role. He’s seen limited PP action.

He put up 38 points in 36 KHL games this season. Kulemin is a childhood friend of Pittsburgh superstar Evgeni Malkin as the two played together before coming over to the NHL.

Toronto could be interested in a young player which may include former first round picks Schwartz and/or D-man Ian Cole.

The Blues would certainly need a D-man in return if they were to move Cole. Toronto has a surplus with nine D-men having played at least two games this season. One would think they’d like to create a spot for Jake Gardiner. Jake’s brother Max is a former Blues draft pick.

Kulemin signed a two-year extension last summer worth $5.6 Million. He has a cap hit of $2.8 and is due $3 Million next year.

Quick

Banned
Strickland rumors:

Kulie's been pretty quiet overall the past couple of seasons because there's just been no room in the top six. He does have flashes of wonder, though. And he hits pretty hard when needed.

Defence has also been full. Definitely need to get rid of one or two.

Canuck76

Banned
I wish they would bring back our flat black thirds.

Also, Bettman apparently said he would not rule out Atlanta a third time.

So dumb. If i were the NHL i'd bring every new team north to Canada. Only non-Canadian place i'd consider a new franchise is Seattle.

Seattle will only get a franchise if the sonics come back. Their arena plans aren't final yet and I doubt if they will be until the NBA approves the sale.

Toronto seems contentious, leafs ownership are against it, it'd be cool to see the nordiques return.

I don't want to hear the NHL talk about expansion until the yotes situation is dealt with though.

Solo

Galchenyuk is going to be a beast. Hooberdoo is going to be really good too. Once they get their confidence, they're going to be dangerous. I haven't seen MUCH of hooberdoo but I think he still needs size. Galchenyuk looks like he has a better frame.

My man!

For this kindness, I will not take Perry from you.

In terms of ceiling I still think (this both ways is homer glasses) that Hubby still has a higher ceiling. Remember he started his draft year projected to be ~23. He caught fire and lept to #3. I still think he is a steal at #3.

I guess the long and the short of it is we both now have our franchise players for the next 10 years. So a bro fist to you on that!

Quick

Banned
"Hooberdoo" is officially the way I'll say his name, even IRL.

I now associate him to the country of Sweden.

Solo

Whoberdeau
Hooberdoo
Hooberstank
Hooletthedogsout

I will enjoy his name for years to come.

Now if only Gally would start scoring goals so we can roll out Goalchenyuk.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
In terms of ceiling I still think (this both ways is homer glasses) that Hubby still has a higher ceiling. Remember he started his draft year projected to be ~23. He caught fire and lept to #3. I still think he is a steal at #3.
I think that if Gally hadn't missed his entire draft year he would have went #1 overall, and think his ceiling is relative to Huberdeau but he'll top him out. Both should end up being franchise players, barring any horrific injuries. People downplaying the fact that Gally missed his entire draft year, and came into the NHL right after at 18 and playing as well as he is, is hilarious. It's a huge achievement, and one that even the most optimistic of scouts and fans didn't see happening.

zedge

Two hilarious things that haven't been mentioned about the Calgary/O'Reilly fiasco:

1. If Colorado elected to take Calgary's picks, and O'Reilly went on waivers and got snatched up by another team, not only would Calgary have lost their picks for nothing, they'd still be on the hook for the $2.5 million signing bonus

2. Even though this is pretty much a pipe dream (but it's good to dream, boys and girls!), as far as we know, Colorado hasn't technically signed the contract yet. They announced their intent, but it doesn't seem like they've actually signed it. This means that the minute possibility still exists that they could change their mind, make this whole process happen, whereas Columbus would most likely pick up O'Reilly. Columbus would also have the option of trading O'Reilly after his first year, which means they'd be getting a great young centre for $1 million this season (and whatever they could get from him in an upcoming trade if they didn't want to keep him)... hell, they could trade him to Colorado as far as I know.

Bonus: Columbus is last in the league right now, but if they wanted this to happen, it might have to happen very soon, because they're only 2 points behind the Washington Capitals. And what team is Columbus playing today that could potentially endanger them (with a win) of moving up in the overall standings?

The Chicago Blackhawks, who are defending an NHL record season-opening regular-win streak.

I hope Feaster never gets fired.
Fire you pal.

Those Canuck jerseys are awful. What's the v for? Vaginas? ;)

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Remember the days when we watched AHL games to get our fix? Those were the days.

CCF23

Have a weird feeling the Hawks are going to lose tonight. Feel like their streak is going to end to a shitty team for some reason.

Marvie_3

Banned
Will not succeed. Seattle will get a franchise, so will another city in Canada (GTA/Quebec)
All 3 of those will get teams.

Toronto seems contentious, leafs ownership are against it, it'd be cool to see the nordiques return.
They can't do anything to stop expansion into Toronto though. Leafs will get a hefty payoff out of the deal when a second team lands there.

I don't want to hear the NHL talk about expansion until the yotes situation is dealt with though.
Give it 2 months.

Have a weird feeling the Hawks are going to lose tonight. Feel like their streak is going to end to a shitty team for some reason.

They're due for a lazy game and Columbus has played well enough to win both times. Wouldn't be surprised to see them lose either tonight or Sunday against Detroit.

Top Bottom