• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2013 |OT| Black History Forever

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game
Oh shit you could do that?

So Zibenejad missed 3 months this year plus 6 months last year in development, basically 9 months of hockey which is an NHL season, which means hes actually an 18 year old playing in the league. HOLY SHIT WOW.

Don't forget to arbitrarily subtract one year for no real reason. 17!

Spazo

new canucks jersey

Screen-shot-2013-03-01-at-2.00.10-PM.png

edit: oups didnt see the post on the previous page..

Heretic

Of course not, nor should it. Was just bringing it up to show it's pretty great that he's even in the conversation.

Like I said, I see one of Huberdeau, Conacher or even Tarasenko winning the Calder, but I think Galchenyuk probably has the highest ceiling of them all.

Galchenyuk is going to be a beast. Hooberdoo is going to be really good too. Once they get their confidence, they're going to be dangerous. I haven't seen MUCH of hooberdoo but I think he still needs size. Galchenyuk looks like he has a better frame.

Silexx

Woah woah, where did you hear this? I read that hes playing tonight, but not being recalled for tomorrow's game.

I probably should have tempered that by saying realistically, it probably won't be tomorrow, but I have to imagine that the Sens want him up if he can help offensively.

I probably should have tempered that by saying realistically, it probably won't be tomorrow, but I have to imagine that the Sens want him up if he can help offensively.

He hasn't played in a month (or two ?). I think they'll give him a few games at least and only call him up if he is doing well.

We're definitely going to trade Radar next season because we'll have to QO him something like 6 mil when his contract expires and that will prevent us from re-signing Duchene and Landy.

And Stastny. I guess.

We're definitely going to trade Radar next season because we'll have to QO him something like 6 mil when his contract expires and that will prevent us from re-signing Duchene and Landy.

And Calgary doesn't have anything worthwhile to offer (or they'd have traded for him already) lol.

Although you can take him to arbitration and knock that $6.5M figure down.

And Calgary doesn't have anything worthwhile to offer (or they'd have traded for him already) lol.

I just want to see management end this with a win some how. They publicly displayed how fucking inept they are with this whole thing, something that Avs fans have known for awhile now. Maybe it's a good thing for them in the long run, stop resting on the Lacroix wheeling & dealing days and fucking do something relevant.

Of course not, nor should it. Was just bringing it up to show it's pretty great that he's even in the conversation.

Like I said, I see one of Huberdeau, Conacher or even Tarasenko winning the Calder, but I think Galchenyuk probably has the highest ceiling of them all.

In terms of ceiling I still think (this both ways is homer glasses) that Hubby still has a higher ceiling. Remember he started his draft year projected to be ~23. He caught fire and lept to #3. I still think he is a steal at #3.

Oh shit you could do that?

So Zibenejad missed 3 months this year plus 6 months last year in development, basically 9 months of hockey which is an NHL season, which means hes actually an 18 year old playing in the league. HOLY SHIT WOW.
lol

Galchenyuk is going to be a beast. Hooberdoo is going to be really good too. Once they get their confidence, they're going to be dangerous. I haven't seen MUCH of hooberdoo but I think he still needs size. Galchenyuk looks like he has a better frame.
His size is the only complaint. He had to beef up last year before the big league. He still wins plenty of battles and can pick the pockets of much larger players (see: Huby steals from Grossman on the Mueller goal in Philly). Once he gets to ~200-210 he will be fine.

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
I think the Canucks are among the least qualified teams to wear YET ANOTHER frigging jersey, but those do look nice. Really nice.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I think the Canucks are among the least qualified teams to wear YET ANOTHER frigging jersey, but those do look nice. Really nice.

Retro jerseys are badass.hope they look great without instagram too...

Quick

Banned
Speaking of retro jerseys, the 2013 Winter Classic jerseys were leaked and were being sold on eBay.

0214-tor-wc13.png

0222-det-wc13.png

I like them, but I'm kind of hoping they modify/change it up for 2014 only because of the leak, but I highly doubt it.

CCF23

I wish they'd just stick with these Millionaires ones. It'd go against the whole blue and green colour scheme I love so much, but they need to use something they can stick with for a long time.

Two hilarious things that haven't been mentioned about the Calgary/O'Reilly fiasco:

1. If Colorado elected to take Calgary's picks, and O'Reilly went on waivers and got snatched up by another team, not only would Calgary have lost their picks for nothing, they'd still be on the hook for the $2.5 million signing bonus

2. Even though this is pretty much a pipe dream (but it's good to dream, boys and girls!), as far as we know, Colorado hasn't technically signed the contract yet. They announced their intent, but it doesn't seem like they've actually signed it. This means that the minute possibility still exists that they could change their mind, make this whole process happen, whereas Columbus would most likely pick up O'Reilly. Columbus would also have the option of trading O'Reilly after his first year, which means they'd be getting a great young centre for $1 million this season (and whatever they could get from him in an upcoming trade if they didn't want to keep him)... hell, they could trade him to Colorado as far as I know.

Bonus: Columbus is last in the league right now, but if they wanted this to happen, it might have to happen very soon, because they're only 2 points behind the Washington Capitals. And what team is Columbus playing today that could potentially endanger them (with a win) of moving up in the overall standings?

The Chicago Blackhawks, who are defending an NHL record season-opening regular-win streak.

I hope Feaster never gets fired.

Feaster claimed that Sherman proposed a trade, said "a trade was offered but had to be denied because it would have negatively impacted the clubs future." Kinda wonder what was proposed just out of curiosity.

I've never been convinced by anything Feaster has done for us, I get angry every time I see Blake Comeau on the ice. Not good enough for the Islanders farm, THE ISLANDERS FARM, but he's good enough to play line 1 with Iggy.. SMH

Feaster claimed that Sherman proposed a trade, said "a trade was offered but had to be denied because it would have negatively impacted the clubs future." Kinda wonder what was proposed just out of curiosity.

I think it was Giordano and some draft pick(s).

You Flames fans just need to get a good "Fire Feaster" chant going at a home.

A long time ago I was at a game where we got a good "Sexton's gotta go" chant going the entire game and our dumb GM at the time (Randy Sexton) was fired the next day.

Leafs fans chanted "Fire Wilson" at a game last year and he was fired the next day.

It works.

CCF23

If I have a pair of Canucks tickets that I want to sell at below ticketmaster face value to someone that actually wants to see the game (not trying to make a profit, just want my tickets to go to an actual fan), am I allowed to post it here?

I don't want to get banned for legitimately trying to help someone here out if they want to see a game.

:lol

I guess I'll provide why I want to sell them. I already have tickets to the game (San Jose game this Tuesday). When the "ice pack" option came up for my buddy and I on the seasons wait list, we jumped on it because it provides a guaranteed renewal option for next year. The SJ game was one of the games we ended up with. Essentially I just want to sell the tickets for what we paid for them, which is way less than the actual price of the ticket were you to buy it through ticketmaster.

I think it was Giordano and some draft pick(s).

You Flames fans just need to get a good "Fire Feaster" chant going at a home.

A long time ago I was at a game where we got a good "Sexton's gotta go" chant going the entire game and our dumb GM at the time (Randy Sexton) was fired the next day.

Leafs fans chanted "Fire Wilson" at a game last year and he was fired the next day.

It works.

You know I'd be all for it, but we'd probably hire Burke...

Quick

Banned
I have the Blackhawks' old alternate jersey:

0731-chi-3rd.jpg

I love it because it's awesome, hate it because it's a fake (Yonge St. jersey vendors, lol).

If I have a pair of Canucks tickets that I want to sell at below ticketmaster face value to someone that actually wants to see the game (not trying to make a profit, just want my tickets to go to an actual fan), am I allowed to post it here?

I don't want to get banned for legitimately trying to help someone here out if they want to see a game.

We have a Buy/Sell/Trade thread, so I'm pretty sure you're good. And it being relevant to NHL-GAF, you should be fine.

bardia

I guess I'll provide why I want to sell them. I already have tickets to the game (San Jose game this Tuesday). When the "ice pack" option came up for my buddy and I on the seasons wait list, we jumped on it because it provides a guaranteed renewal option for next year. The SJ game was one of the games we ended up with. Essentially I just want to sell the tickets for what we paid for them, which is way less than the actual price of the ticket were you to buy it through ticketmaster (the price printed on the actual ticket is way higher than what I'd be selling it for).

How much and where are the seats?

And other than the sleeves, those jerseys are bad ass.

I have the Blackhawks' old alternate jersey:

0731-chi-3rd.jpg

I love it because it's awesome, hate it because it's a fake (Yonge St. jersey vendors, lol).

We have a Buy/Sell/Trade thread, so I'm pretty sure you're good. And it being relevant to NHL-GAF, you should be fine.

I wish they still used these. Stupid Ottawa stealing our thunder

CCF23

How much and where are the seats?

And other than the sleeves, those jerseys are bad ass.

Section 122, row 20. $250 for the pair (ridiculous that this is "well below ticketmaster cost", I know).

Ticketmaster price for the same seats is somewhere in the neighborhood of $150 each, I think. Seats for that section are sold out...Seats in the section next to it are $150 each.

RyRei

O'Rei

RyRy

Rei-O

Ry Ayareilly (there's your one Anime reference in NHL-GAF)

O'Really.

Section 122, row 20. $250 for the pair (ridiculous that this is "well below ticketmaster cost", I know).

Ticketmaster price for the same seats is somewhere in the neighborhood of $150 each, I think. Seats for that section are sold out...Seats in the section next to it are $150 each.

*whistles*

Top Bottom